Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel announces Adam West 1966 Batman line
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:57 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I don't think they'd have too much trouble using the same body for Newmarr and Merriweather at that scale (look at the Ghostbusters and every Nolan-verse character wearing a suit). Kitt on the other hand... don't think it will work but wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do it. Same with an Astin version of Riddler, would not surprise me at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:42 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. And it is what I expect to see happen.

But it shouldn't is all I'm saying.....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 am 
Brand Manager

I would be really happy to buy the 3! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 am 
Brand Manager

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

The way that I see it, Mattel's M.O. of recycling DCUC female bucks has already given us a Movie Masters Catwoman that's a bit tall for that line. So for me, well... I'm just hoping we get a Catwoman that's in scale with Adam West and the rest of the gang.

Courtesy of Michael Crawford

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14 am 
Brand Manager

red Ricky wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:

The way that I see it, Mattel's M.O. of recycling DCUC female bucks has already given us a Movie Masters Catwoman that's a bit tall for that line. So for me, well... I'm just hoping we get a Catwoman that's in scale with Adam West and the rest of the gang.

Courtesy of Michael Crawford

Does the MM Dark Knight's Catwoman have any recycled part? :?:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 am 
Brand Manager

Magog wrote:
Does the MM Dark Knight's Catwoman have any recycled part? :?:

I honestly don't know. But if you're asking for customizing purposes, then no worries. It's clear she's cut from the same cloth as the other DCUC Catwomen.
(Which is what worries me on account of the '66 Batman being a much slimmer and smaller version of the Dark Knight.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:08 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

The Newmar figure looks okay-and Im glad thats the one Mattel went with (I always feel that she is the true '66 Catwoman-- - However, the head sculpt looks a little soft and generic to me-closer to Barbie posing as Julie Newmar-- - maybe it will look better in person..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 am 
categorically opposed

stewbacca wrote:
The Newmar figure looks okay-and Im glad thats the one Mattel went with (I always feel that she is the true '66 Catwoman-- - However, the head sculpt looks a little soft and generic to me-closer to Barbie posing as Julie Newmar-- - maybe it will look better in person..

I think she looks great, but I have to agree. My first thought when I saw it was that it looks like a Barbie head. It doesn't look like Newmar at all to me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am 
4" scale

All the Batman 66 figures look soft to me so at least she fits right in. It seems to be a stylized artistic decision.

Last edited by Wildcard on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:56 am 
Brand Manager

MoMoney wrote:
stewbacca wrote:

I think she looks great, but I have to agree. My first thought when I saw it was that it looks like a Barbie head. It doesn't look like Newmar at all to me.

I like the sculpting (it's not the best likeness of the series), but my biggest concern is about the looks of the figure (wich is great IMO) depending so much on the painting (the prototype painting, looks perfect by the way). We know how many problems we could expect about it.

Anyway, I already preordered mine from BBTS.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 am 
Cold-cast

This show aired 47 years ago, i watched a few episodes and a few movies 17 years later. It was my first introduction to dc heroes. The cast was stellar but the acting was so bad and show was just silly. I know a few are excited about this line but honestly i am seriously shocked that anyone cares. What i mean is a lot of the people on toy boards collecting are young, so unless they have a thing for old tv shows this line would not appeal to them, so i wonder why Mattel took a gamble with this line. If they had done the 1989 batman series, i could see that that would appeal to a lot more. So who is this line really targeting and why would mattel think that this would be a commercial success or worth the tooling dollars? Truly this line for me is head scratcher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Zim wrote:
If they had done the 1989 batman series, i could see that that would appeal to a lot more. .

Nope cant see that-- I wouldnt get near that line---

I think '66 is just what everyone really thinks of when they think of Batman-- and the fact that there is a much larger built in stable of characters than any other similar Movie property line. - And the fact that there really has never been figures ever really released from this series (no matter what the quality)--

I think the same arguement could have been made about the Munsters line.. (which I figured would do abysmally-- I was wrong apparently on that)--

But in the same vein-- I would love to get Addams Family figures as well-- the old version not the movies or anything else like that..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:12 am 
Brand Manager

Zim wrote:
This show aired 47 years ago, i watched a few episodes and a few movies 17 years later. It was my first introduction to dc heroes. The cast was stellar but the acting was so bad and show was just silly. I know a few are excited about this line but honestly i am seriously shocked that anyone cares. What i mean is a lot of the people on toy boards collecting are young, so unless they have a thing for old tv shows this line would not appeal to them, so i wonder why Mattel took a gamble with this line. If they had done the 1989 batman series, i could see that that would appeal to a lot more. So who is this line really targeting and why would mattel think that this would be a commercial success or worth the tooling dollars? Truly this line for me is head scratcher.

It's simple, that's one of the more classic and iconical TV shows ever! :wink:

Anyway, if, and when Mattel produce a Tim Burton Batman series I will be buying all of them too ;) not to mention Chris Reeve Supes, George Reeves Supes, Lynda Carter Wonde Woman, John Wesley Shipp Flash...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 am 
categorically opposed

Zim wrote:
So who is this line really targeting and why would mattel think that this would be a commercial success or worth the tooling dollars? Truly this line for me is head scratcher.

There's a huge push from many different licensees for this property. As stewbacca said, there has never been any kind of memorabilia released from the '60s series, and it's a cult classic. Demand has built up like crazy over the past 40-50 years for it. It's going to appeal to collectors, to fans of the series, and to normal people who remember the Penguin who actually squawked and the Joker who had a mustache and giggled "Delicious! Delicious!" over and over again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:48 am 
4" scale

i gotta agree. I swore I woudnt touch another mattel figure after tdkrmm because of how poorly the line was handled and how crucial distribution was considering there was a collect and connect piece that, truthfully the least important piece was in the batman package. but this, this i will get. at least batman & robin and joker and penguin and the batmobile. and hell, at that point, might as well grab catwoman and riddler, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 45  Next