Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:59 am 
Loose, Missing Package

superfriend wrote:
Baffled? After Golden Pharoh?

I know, I know...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:10 pm 
3 3/4"

Am I the first one to see this? Assuming there are more? I only found this one Batman (He's clear blue and silver!!) at a Target in PA!

Here's hoping more brave and bold minis are coming along with the 5" figs....matty you sneaky bast you!

Meks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Cool find. I'll have to look for these.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

darthmeks wrote:
Am I the first one to see this? Assuming there are more? I only found this one Batman (He's clear blue and silver!!) at a Target in PA!

Here's hoping more brave and bold minis are coming along with the 5" figs....matty you sneaky bast you!

Meks

I saw them last week at my local Target. They are sneaking in the Brave & The Bold figures. Maybe they had the molds and designs available... Cheap way to make a "new" toys. Quick repaint and out they go... I'll take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:56 am 
Aspires to be #1

If they're going to repaint and repeat all sorts of other things and jam them in to this new packaging, they might as well do it with JLU too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:42 am 
ABS

Found two Luthors here in PA. Bought one for myself and the other for my nephew.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:19 am 
An Insider

j1h15233 wrote:
If they're going to repaint and repeat all sorts of other things and jam them in to this new packaging, they might as well do it with JLU too.

I'll buy some JUSTICE LEAGUE branded DC Infinite Heroes repainted with NEW 52 costumes. Come on Mattel, make these already!

NEW 52 Batman
NEW 52 Superman
NEW 52 Wonder Woman
NEW 52 Green Lantern
NEW 52 Flash
NEW 52 Aquaman
NEW 52 Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:43 am 
Aspires to be #1

joeace wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I'll buy some JUSTICE LEAGUE branded DC Infinite Heroes repainted with NEW 52 costumes. Come on Mattel, make these already!

NEW 52 Batman
NEW 52 Superman
NEW 52 Wonder Woman
NEW 52 Green Lantern
NEW 52 Flash
NEW 52 Aquaman
NEW 52 Cyborg

I mean why not? They've already done it with two dead lines so just throw two others in there. While we're at it, a Giants of Justice Wonder Woman with stand would be nice too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:46 am 
3 3/4"

If anyone saw these...WHO DID YOU SEE?!!

That's the million dollar question isn't it?

:)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:03 am 
Mint on Card

darthmeks wrote:

Meks

I saw those two Darthmeks. I think I mentioned it on the Action League thread. It was a weird repaint. If they did the new 52 look I could understand it.

How about a JLU repaint set in the New 52 look while we are at it.

I"m with you Joe on new 52 DCIH repaints.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:45 am 
Brand Manager

j1h15233 wrote:

See, as far as I'm concerned, they don't even have to waste time and money repainting. All they have to do is start by reissuing good sellers and hard to find figures. I mean... is there any doubt that repackaged rare figures like Volcana, Tracksuit Shayera, Aquaman, Atomic Skull, Toyman and even a masked Hal Jordan (ala GLTAS) would fly off the shelves?

Plus, you know... the one year JLU is back on the air winning over a new generation of viewers and kicking @$$ in the ratings department; and not a toy in sight!!!
Talk about Mattel & Target missing the boat once again!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 pm 
4" scale

Obviously for runs like these, there are minimum numbers to be produced. Let's say those JLU figures you mentioned are re-released, the first 1000 will fly off the shelves. Who will buy the remaining 4000? Aquaman would sell. The rest, not so much. And while it's true that many are missing certain JLU figures (the vocal minority), a lot of JLU collectors also already have them. If we couldn't get them to sell out in a targeted collector site, all the more they would not sell out when placed at retail.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:04 pm 
Brand Manager

Don't take this the wrong way, but in my humble opinion, that's a flawed assumption. For starters, a collector site like Matty has very poor "foot trafic" and only appeals to a certain clientele. Simply put, the target demographic of Kids under 18, Kids 2-5, Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11, Kids 9-14, Boys under 18... is just not going to stumble across Mattycollector on the 15th of every month. Plus, there's the powers-that-be at Digital River doing their best to drive customers away, while doing very little (marketing wise) to attract new ones. So yeah, I'm thinking (and have thought) that big box stores like Target & Walmart are better suited to attract the current 1,003,000 million viewers (according to the Nielsens Rating System) that watch (week in and week the out) the Justice League cartoon on the CW Vortexx programing block.

Plus... isn't it safe to say that, in terms of toy sales, JLU's run did a little bit better than Brave & the Bold? Maybe just a tiny little bit better? Anyways, just to clear the air, I'm perfectly happy with B&B getting a second chance as a Target exclusive. If anything, I would love for JLU to become a Discount/Wholesaler line that gets sold to Big Lots & Marshalls; and follows in the footsteps of Mattel's Batman The Animated Series line in terms of cost, marketing and distribution. And they could start with Volcana & some of the other hard to find purple carded 3-packs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:57 pm 
3 3/4"

Saw about 15 of this Batman on the bottom shelf of another target.
So.....guess it's only Batman so far!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 am 
Knows his stuff

red Ricky wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but in my humble opinion, that's a flawed assumption. For starters, a collector site like Matty has very poor "foot trafic" and only appeals to a certain clientele. Simply put, the target demographic of Kids under 18, Kids 2-5, Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11, Kids 9-14, Boys under 18... is just not going to stumble across Mattycollector on the 15th of every month. Plus, there's the powers-that-be at Digital River doing their best to drive customers away, while doing very little (marketing wise) to attract new ones. So yeah, I'm thinking (and have thought) that big box stores like Target & Walmart are better suited to attract the current 1,003,000 million viewers (according to the Nielsens Rating System) that watch (week in and week the out) the Justice League cartoon on the CW Vortexx programing block.

Plus... isn't it safe to say that, in terms of toy sales, JLU's run did a little bit better than Brave & the Bold? Maybe just a tiny little bit better? Anyways, just to clear the air, I'm perfectly happy with B&B getting a second chance as a Target exclusive. If anything, I would love for JLU to become a Discount/Wholesaler line that gets sold to Big Lots & Marshalls; and follows in the footsteps of Mattel's Batman The Animated Series line in terms of cost, marketing and distribution. And they could start with Volcana & some of the other hard to find purple carded 3-packs.

I'd back that 100%!!! That's exactly what the JLU line needs! They have the molds (heck most of them were all the same mold anyway) already, just re-release them in $3-$5 dollar single packs at the Dollar stores, Big Lots, Etc. Release the rare figures like Volcana, but also repaint figures like Batman and Superman to match current DCU-New52 incarnations as well. Just do a mash up of comic/cartoon suits and put them under a generic "Justice League" banner. I'd buy those all day long!!

Rick

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next