Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:03 pm 
active in the community

I just want my unreleased Brave bold figures, a little more use of that new female mold, and a Robin or Nightwing, then I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:27 pm 
Knows his stuff

ausbot wrote:
I just want my unreleased Brave bold figures, a little more use of that new female mold, and a Robin or Nightwing, then I'll be happy.

I hope we do get to finish our b&b collection...including the flash...not the new 52 version...but the super rare one that didnt get released.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 pm 
active in the community

I have the Brave bold version of the Flash and I missed getting the Gentleman Ghost by a hair.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:27 am 
Cold-cast

rickwj324 wrote:
red Ricky wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but in my humble opinion, that's a flawed assumption. For starters, a collector site like Matty has very poor "foot trafic" and only appeals to a certain clientele. Simply put, the target demographic of Kids under 18, Kids 2-5, Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11, Kids 9-14, Boys under 18... is just not going to stumble across Mattycollector on the 15th of every month. Plus, there's the powers-that-be at Digital River doing their best to drive customers away, while doing very little (marketing wise) to attract new ones. So yeah, I'm thinking (and have thought) that big box stores like Target & Walmart are better suited to attract the current 1,003,000 million viewers (according to the Nielsens Rating System) that watch (week in and week the out) the Justice League cartoon on the CW Vortexx programing block.

Plus... isn't it safe to say that, in terms of toy sales, JLU's run did a little bit better than Brave & the Bold? Maybe just a tiny little bit better? Anyways, just to clear the air, I'm perfectly happy with B&B getting a second chance as a Target exclusive. If anything, I would love for JLU to become a Discount/Wholesaler line that gets sold to Big Lots & Marshalls; and follows in the footsteps of Mattel's Batman The Animated Series line in terms of cost, marketing and distribution. And they could start with Volcana & some of the other hard to find purple carded 3-packs.

I'd back that 100%!!! That's exactly what the JLU line needs! They have the molds (heck most of them were all the same mold anyway) already, just re-release them in $3-$5 dollar single packs at the Dollar stores, Big Lots, Etc. Release the rare figures like Volcana, but also repaint figures like Batman and Superman to match current DCU-New52 incarnations as well. Just do a mash up of comic/cartoon suits and put them under a generic "Justice League" banner. I'd buy those all day long!!

Rick

Me too for figs like volcana and repaints i don't have. Although i have volcana.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 pm 
Knows his stuff

Zim wrote:
Me too for figs like volcana and repaints i don't have. Although i have volcana.

I have Volcana as well... but it would still be a super cool way for Mattel to reward us for years of collecting those figures! I'm sure there are many out there still needing her and lots of other 'rare' figs. I'm nearly complete now (just made a deal to get the final figures I'm missing), but would love to get figs like that unproduced Aquaman figure, the variant volcana, and of course repaints of figures done in "New52 style" and if we are lucky.... new figures that haven't been made but could easily be done with the existing sculpts. Bring 'em on!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 pm 
Knows his stuff

ausbot wrote:
I have the Brave bold version of the Flash and I missed getting the Gentleman Ghost by a hair.

ausbot.... I bow down before you!!! (and am totally green with envy!!) haha! :mrgreen: Man, I really want that figure! Even though I have the new52 Flash, it doesn't fill the emptiness on my shelf that's waiting for the 'real' Flash figure (and also Capt Marvel, The Hunter, Gentleman Ghost, etc).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm 
active in the community

I was thinking another great 7 pack could be the Brave bold molds but in the Justice League Unlimited designs,
Classic animated Superman
Classic animated Batman
Classic costume Wonder Woman
Wally West Flash
John Stewart Green Lantern
John Jones
Hawkgirl

This set would rock, I love JLU but didn't like the toys because they were not great at standing up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:27 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

ausbot wrote:
I was thinking another great 7 pack could be the Brave bold molds but in the Justice League Unlimited designs,
Classic animated Batman
Wally West Flash
John Jones
Hawkgirl

This set would rock, I love JLU but didn't like the toys because they were not great at standing up.

A great idea, but I'm afraid that pretty much everything at retail has to be New 52 designs, or property specific, like the Injustice game subset. Sorry :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:03 pm 
Brand Manager

Captain Collector wrote:
ausbot wrote:
Classic animated Batman
Wally West Flash
John Jones
Hawkgirl

A great idea, but I'm afraid that pretty much everything at retail has to be New 52 designs, or property specific, like the Injustice game subset. Sorry :(

I don't think this line has the raw materials to make Hawkgirl, but to say that anything new has to be property specific is kinda stretching it a bit. I mean... why is classic John Stewart more off limits than Terry McGinnis' as Batman Beyond, Super-Powers Penguin or Elseworlds Vampire Bats? Then again, is classic John Stewart any different from New 52 John Stewart?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:09 am 
Brand Manager

I honestly think you guys are getting your hopes up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:54 am 
categorically opposed

red Ricky wrote:
I don't think this line has the raw materials to make Hawkgirl, but to say that anything new has to be property specific is kinda stretching it a bit. I mean... why is classic John Stewart more off limits than Terry McGinnis' as Batman Beyond, Super-Powers Penguin or Elseworlds Vampire Bats? Then again, is classic John Stewart any different from New 52 John Stewart?

Batman Beyond is appearing in a currently-published book, so he can probably be considered New 52. Super Powers Penguin was probably already tooled up, so he was slotted just to get use out of the new head and torso, and I'm willing to bet that the only character who is exempt from the New 52 rule is Batman since he'll sell in whatever form they put him in.

Everything else that's been released at retail in the Unlimited lines is either New 52 or a media tie-in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 am 
Brand Manager

PBateman wrote:
I honestly think you guys are getting your hopes up.

You're quite right. But it's not hard to see this line carrying forward for at least one more round. I mean... just to compare & contrast...

1. It has the right price point (i.e. $7.99 which is much better than the $10.99 Mattel was asking for their JLU, Young Justice and Batman/GL movie figures.)

2. They are the right size (i.e. not too tiny that they look and feel cheap; and yet big enough that Parents & Grandparents feel they're getting their money's worth.)

3. They also seem to have DC & Target's support.

MoMoney wrote:
I'm willing to bet that the only character who is exempt from the New 52 rule is Batman since he'll sell in whatever form they put him in.

Everything else that's been released at retail in the Unlimited lines is either New 52 or a media tie-in.

Has there been an official announcement with regards as to which characters can & can't be made in the Unlimited line? Or is this pure forum speculation? 'Cause you know... sometimes people reach certain conclusions and... WHAMMO!!!! ...Flashpoint Plastic Man & Evil Supergirl show up to disrupt any sense of logic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 am 
categorically opposed

red Ricky wrote:
Has there been an official announcement with regards as to which characters can & can't be made in the Unlimited line? Or is this pure forum speculation? 'Cause you know... sometimes people reach certain conclusions and... WHAMMO!!!! ...Flashpoint Plastic Man & Evil Supergirl show up to disrupt any sense of logic.

It's been said over and over that the Unlimited lines are designed to be structured more like DC Superheroes was - so there will be an abundance of well-known names with the potential for a collector-targeted figure tossed in here and there.

And based on the lineups that we've seen/heard so far...

Anarky (Beware)
Aquaman
Batman
Batman (Injustice)
Batman (Injustice 2.0)
Batman (Planet X)
Batman (TDKR)
Batman (Red Rain)
Batman (Beware)
Batman (Beyond)
Batgirl
Darkseid
Flash
Green Lantern (Injustice)
Hawkman
Joker (Injustice)
Penguin
Robin
Superman
Superman (Injustice)
Wonder Woman

...we have 21 figures, eight of which are Batman variants, five Injustice, and nine are New 52. We have a pretty good idea of what this line is going to look like, and while the potential is there for someone heavily demanded like Batwoman, I wouldn't look for it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 pm 
Brand Manager

MoMoney wrote:
red Ricky wrote:

It's been said over and over that the Unlimited lines are designed to be structured more like DC Superheroes was - so there will be an abundance of well-known names with the potential for a collector-targeted figure tossed in here and there.

See, that's where the confusion lies. DC Superheroes was a strictly Batman/Superman Family line. The closest they got out of those boxes, was when they released Mongul and Darkseid. So at the time, people had a pretty good idea of what to expect next. But the current Unlimited lineup feels like a hodgepodge of figures and scales. Like the Batman Legacy stuff of last year. Which means that some people may have a good idea where Mattel's headed, but aside from the usual stream of Batman figures; I kinda feel like they could change directions on a whim and not bat an eye. I mean... don't get me wrong... I would love for the Injustice Gods stuff to last long enough for someone to realize that it's a good way to get characters like Lobo & Doomsday back on the shelves. But in all honesty, I just don't see the popularity of that video game lasting well past the Fall/Christmas waves.

As for the Target Justice League Figures... it looks like most stores already burned through the initial order and are now selling the Lex Luthor refresher. So I do see a future for them. Which means that eventually, they could get around to releasing Batman & Superman in their more classic outfits. It's just that... knowing the powers-that-be... they'll probably want to release "Orange Crush Superman", "Casual Friday Flash" and "Neon Talking Super Street Bat-Luge Batman" before getting around to the "classic" costumes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:22 pm 
Former King of Posts

Boy has this really gone off on a tangent.

Back to the actual JL line at Target. Any word on characters beyond the 7 and Luthor?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next