Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:31 am 
PVC

I can only assume the scene depicted probably a spoiler to the movie, so they won't revel it until after the movie open in United States on June 14th.

I just hope they are different than the Movie Master figures series 1. And not a double / triple dibs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:33 am 
shirtless hugger

Yeah, that just occurred to me, too, that it's probably a spoiler for the movie.

I'd almost rather they were the same figures, so I don't have to buy them :-)

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:51 am 
4" scale

Look back at the Dark Knight SDCC exclusives and that should give you an idea how different these figures might be.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:58 am 
PVC

Wildcard wrote:
Look back at the Dark Knight SDCC exclusives and that should give you an idea how different these figures might be.

Wildcard, what do you envision this set is going to be like?

The movie master TDKR is the Bruce Wayne to Batman + "armory" with all the weapons. None of that could really apply here, since it is not a "Clark Kent to Superman" figure.

A heat vision Superman is just the movie master Superman with red color eyes plus gimmick from the packaging. Still a repaint (double dip). Unless Superman's outfit is drastically different in the movie.

There two movie master Zod already, what will this third one be?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 am 
Brand Manager

Maybe Superman in Kryptonian armor :?:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 am 
Brand Manager

Wildcard wrote:

What he means is exact same Superman just with light up red eyes. Mark my words no other changes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:32 pm 
Brand Manager

Joe G. wrote:
Matty has "revealed" a Movie Masters SDCC exclusive. I say "revealed" in quotes because...well...

(from http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2013/04/29/2013-sdcc-preview/)
Quote:
DC Man of Steel™ Movie Masters® Superman™ vs. General Zod Movie Pack

This 2-pack brings to life the super charged battle between two powerful Kryptonians, Superman™ and the General Zod, an exciting diorama set in the city of Metropolis! The package features lights that simulate Superman’s Heat Ray vision, and shows off the Kryptonian’s super strength and flying ability. The diorama is completed with sound effects to help bring the scene to life. Full image will be available on 6/17.

This product will be available for pre-order at MattyCollector.com on June 4, 2013, to be picked up at San Diego Comic-Con (details to come). It will also be available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.

TM & © DC Comics.
(s13)

The image won't be available until almost two full weeks after the pre-order date. That sure is a snazzy looking box, though! :-)

Know what would transform this into the greatest SDCC exclusive ever? Open the box and discover that's 6 inch Christopher Reeve Superman and Terence Stamp General Zod. OK, I know that's just a dream, but it would be awesome! :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:56 pm 
shirtless hugger

I found an entire set of the Superman movie masters today at the Belle Isle Wal Mart in Oklahoma City. I picked up Supes. It's a pretty terrific likeness and I love how the cape flows. The lack of the ab crunch is disappointing, given it makes it harder to produce a flying pose when you can't arch the figure's back. No C&C just a simple base, makes this a nice if not pricey figure at $15.99 a piece.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:45 pm 
active in the community

So I'm a bit confused. Are the Superman with key and Zod in shackles exclusives to some place? I can't imagine them being on shelves with the versions without the extras because there'd be no reason to buy the ones without.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:41 am 
Loose, Missing Package

cespenar343 wrote:
So I'm a bit confused. Are the Superman with key and Zod in shackles exclusives to some place? I can't imagine them being on shelves with the versions without the extras because there'd be no reason to buy the ones without.

Apparently exclusive to TRU.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:15 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I am guessing BUT only guessing that this release will see fabric capes for both characters or atleast Superman BUT should that be the case PLEASE make it bigger than the landing strip they gave Batman in his DKR 2-pack.

Zod? Anything goes. From what I'm starting to speculate is that we have 3 known forms of Zod: Younger Krypton Zod: Series 1, Battle Suit "Seasoned General" Zod: Series 2, and possbily then this final format could be.... derp derp derp... Final Metropolis Conflict Zod: (Series 1 Zod with a Series 2 head) paired with the fabric caped Superman... possibly different hands with a ultra detailed paintjob?

All speculation but I would say none unwarranted.

GeekSummit

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:22 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Quote:
Know what would transform this into the greatest SDCC exclusive ever? Open the box and discover that's 6 inch Christopher Reeve Superman and Terence Stamp General Zod. OK, I know that's just a dream, but it would be awesome! :wink: :mrgreen:

I've been passively petitioning that for years. Good luck to us all!!! 66 Bats can only bring more hope. I just hope NECA doesn't steal the thunder and throw the scale of my shelf WAY off.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:46 am 
Cold-cast

cespenar343 wrote:

No, they are not exclusive to anyone including TRU. This is fact that you can cash. My theory is that perhaps they floated the key version and the shackles version to big box stores as exclusives and they passed or they wanted to sell figs in march but WB did not want reveal anything, so they made 2 versions.

Man of Steel Movie Masters @ Target: 087-06-1514

BBTS all of the movie masters up for preorder including faora, armor zod, etc:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=mattel%20man%20of%20steel

Happy hunting :)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:25 am 
Brand Manager

geeksummit wrote:
Quote:

I've been passively petitioning that for years. Good luck to us all!!! 66 Bats can only bring more hope. I just hope NECA doesn't steal the thunder and throw the scale of my shelf WAY off.

Nice pic! I would buy all the figures shown in the box art in a heartbeat! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:15 am 
Cold-cast

Man of Steel Movie Masters @ Target DPCI: 087-06-1514

BBTS all of the movie masters up for preorder including faora, armor zod, etc:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=mattel%20man%20of%20steel

KMART Movie Masters (out of stock as of now):

http://www.kmart.com/search=man%20of%20steel%20movie%20masters?storeId=10151&catalogId=10104&vName=Toys+%26+Games&cName=Action+Figures+%26+Accessories&viewItems=50

AMAZON (amazon's stock not posted yet but links takes you to the listing for wave 1)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_availability_1?rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3Aman+of+steel+movie+masters%2Cp_n_availability%3A1248837011&keywords=man+of+steel+movie+masters&ie=UTF8&qid=1367155882

ENTERTAINMENT EARTH (cases posted but not singles but this is the full listings page)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?spotlight=&eeshop=&collect=&theme=&company=MATTEL&rppdup=60&rpp=60&filterdup=0&filter=0&premium=0&nm=0&coming=&clearance=0&justone=0&SearchOrder=com&searchfield=man%2Bof%2Bsteel%2Bmovie&pref=0&pg=0&orsearch=0&wrid=0&tree=0&sort=0&new=0

Happy hunting :)

Where is the superman box set pic from? Was it photoshoped or does it exist?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27  Next