Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:50 pm 
Dog Squeezer

superfriend wrote:
Boy has this really gone off on a tangent.

Back to the actual JL line at Target. Any word on characters beyond the 7 and Luthor?

Yeah, it got a "You'll have to wait and see". :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:00 pm 
5th Horseman

Duplicate.

Last edited by AnimateTed on Thu May 02, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:01 pm 
5th Horseman

MoMoney wrote:
red Ricky wrote:
Has there been an official announcement with regards as to which characters can & can't be made in the Unlimited line? Or is this pure forum speculation? 'Cause you know... sometimes people reach certain conclusions and... WHAMMO!!!! ...Flashpoint Plastic Man & Evil Supergirl show up to disrupt any sense of logic.

It's been said over and over that the Unlimited lines are designed to be structured more like DC Superheroes was - so there will be an abundance of well-known names with the potential for a collector-targeted figure tossed in here and there.

And based on the lineups that we've seen/heard so far...

Anarky (Beware)
Aquaman
Batman
Batman (Injustice)
Batman (Injustice 2.0)
Batman (Planet X)
Batman (TDKR)
Batman (Red Rain)
Batman (Beware)
Batman (Beyond)
Batgirl
Darkseid
Flash
Green Lantern (Injustice)
Hawkman
Joker (Injustice)
Penguin
Robin
Superman
Superman (Injustice)
Wonder Woman

...we have 21 figures, eight of which are Batman variants, five Injustice, and nine are New 52. We have a pretty good idea of what this line is going to look like, and while the potential is there for someone heavily demanded like Batwoman, I wouldn't look for it.

They've announced a Robin for Unlimited? Which version of Robin? Damian? Isn't he dead?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:22 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

AnimateTed wrote:
They've announced a Robin for Unlimited? Which version of Robin? Damian? Isn't he dead?

Yes, Damian.

Dead?... So were Bruce Wayne, Jason Todd and Stephanie Brown.

Oh,... wait...

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:33 am 
ABS

My Target has an endcap of accompanying merchandise for this line.

They have all the figures, including Lex

then the 7 Pack

then the Superman/Batman bikes

The hot Wheels pack

A joker cup or Batman cup yahtzee game

a board game

some of the little "Squishies" that are made. Except these are MEGA-squishies

and I think a couple more new items.

no new figures though

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:30 am 
4" scale

If you visit the Target seasonal section, it's pretty much all JL-based or JL-inspired. No new figures necessarily but they have everything from JL masks, cake decorations, tattoos, placemats, plates, tumblers, chairs, pool toys, inflatables, lawn accessories, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:07 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I have the 7 pack set as well as all five singles. I am curious to see if anything is mentioned about this line at SDCC. I'm hoping since I see lots of potential with handling this line like JLU, with tons of characters.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

DCMarvelHoarder wrote:
I am curious to see if anything is mentioned about this line at SDCC. I'm hoping since I see lots of potential with handling this line like JLU, with tons of characters.

If they handle this like the JLU, count on its price skyrocketing and seeing no new figures on the pegs for months/year at a time, and then when figures do show up there will be one new character and 3 billion of the same old crap they put out since day one. They will show off figures, then stall on releasing them, and then not make them at all, and replace them with Batman, Green Lantern and Superman over and over and over again.

Thats what you'll get if they handle this like the JLU.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:04 pm 
Aspires to be #1

GeekVarietyDotCom wrote:
DCMarvelHoarder wrote:
I am curious to see if anything is mentioned about this line at SDCC. I'm hoping since I see lots of potential with handling this line like JLU, with tons of characters.

If they handle this like the JLU, count on its price skyrocketing and seeing no new figures on the pegs for months/year at a time, and then when figures do show up there will be one new character and 3 billion of the same old crap they put out since day one. They will show off figures, then stall on releasing them, and then not make them at all, and replace them with Batman, Green Lantern and Superman over and over and over again.

Thats what you'll get if they handle this like the JLU.

Or you'll get 200 unique figures over a 10 year span.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:06 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

j1h15233 wrote:
Or you'll get 200 unique figures over a 10 year span.

215(ish), not counting endless repaints, if you can find them.

My overall point wasn't about the number, but the availability and how much of a nightmare it was to find them. You can trot out the number all day, but when you have to jump through hoops and pay scalpers 100's of dollars for a figure there is a problem that a total number of figures made can't fix.

I mean what good is it to have 215 (plus repaints ad nauseum) if you can't find the basic figures? The number is almost meaningless when you look at the track record of issues associated with distribution of those figures.

How many of those were web exclusives that people didn't have access too? How many con exclusives that people didn't have access to? How many were so short packed most people have never seen anything but a picture of them and will never own them because they simply don't exist in enough numbers?

Again the number is meaningless when you take into account all the other problems associated with the line and trying to obtain many of the figures from it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:42 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

There's a reason why they call it collecting. Some figures are always harder than others to find.

I am no fan of the JLU toyline, but the sheer number of unique figures they put out was staggering and we'll probably never see that again outside of Star Wars.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:09 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

GeekVarietyDotCom wrote:
How many of those were web exclusives that people didn't have access too? How many con exclusives that people didn't have access to? How many were so short packed most people have never seen anything but a picture of them and will never own them because they simply don't exist in enough numbers?

Not very many. Only a few would make these lists. If you collected this line while it was coming out (tracking things down later is usually harder), it wasn't the "nightmare" you're making it out to be. IMHO, of course.

I think Volcana is the only retail one that lots of people just never saw. And I can't think of any web or con exclusives that were super hard to track down at the time. Probably just Grundy, and he wasn't super expensive right after the con he was sold at.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:39 am 
Aspires to be #1

xrmc20 wrote:
GeekVarietyDotCom wrote:

Not very many. Only a few would make these lists. If you collected this line while it was coming out (tracking things down later is usually harder), it wasn't the "nightmare" you're making it out to be. IMHO, of course.

I think Volcana is the only retail one that lots of people just never saw. And I can't think of any web or con exclusives that were super hard to track down at the time. Probably just Grundy, and he wasn't super expensive right after the con he was sold at.

Completely agree. I didn't even start the line until it had become a Target exclusive and the only figure I never saw at retail was Volcana and the only Con exclusive figure that wasn't sold on a MC.com or ended up somewhere else even cheaper, was Grundy. The line overall was extremely easy to collect...unless you want a real Hal Jordan haha.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:36 pm 
5" Scale

Yep, what xrm and j1h said. I saw Volcana a couple of times and kick myself everytime for not picking up one for myself. I picked one up and ended up giving it to a friend in Ireland. I saw it one more time, but thought eh, I'll find it again and I never saw that one again. Everything else in the line was easier to find, even the con exclusives.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:23 am 
shirtless hugger

How did this become a JLU debate? :shock: :D

Back on topic, I saw new Target ads that featured the toys and a lot of other n52 Justice League merch. It looks like a pretty big license for Target, which makes me wonder whether Target will continue the action figure line beyond what we've seen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 38  Next