Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mattel's 3.75" Justice League Line?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:45 pm 
Cold-cast

a person over at the matty forums had posted a qustion to mattel rearding their 3.75" JL line, wanting to know when it is releasing. I have not heard about this has anyone?

Post subject: Re: Mattel's 3.75" Justice League Line?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:31 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

You sure he's not mistaking it for the video game line of figures? That's the only JL line in that scale I'm aware of. Nothing was shown as Toyfair, anyway.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

There's a rumor that the 3 3/4" Batman line is going to lead to a 3 3/4" Justice League line but there hasn't been anything "official" said about that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 am 
Resin

Jim_Abell wrote:
There's a rumor that the 3 3/4" Batman line is going to lead to a 3 3/4" Justice League line but there hasn't been anything "official" said about that.

Hmm...I like this rumor. Mattel, make it so.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:10 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Saw the new Craptacular Superman 3-3/4 figures on the single cards today at Kohls-- they almost make the Movie Batman/GL ones look like finely sculpted star wars figures in comparison..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 am 
Aspires to be #1

The dcih guys have been pushing that rumor for years now and a rumor is all it remains.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:52 pm 
An Insider

I know that they are coming. But for now all Mattel can say is "Wait and see."

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:08 pm 
Cold-cast

Personally i wish they do not as i do not want to be in bed with Mattel anymore. I finally have broken free. Yet, i so wish i could get a really well made 3.75-4.25" dc line with great distribution, stellar paint apps and quality control, good case packa nd characterselection and fair pricing. I'd go for a sub if they could pile ofloot it, so i don't get hit with high shipping charges. They really need to witch to Fedex. They are way cheaper and faster and they don't crush oyur stuff. In other words a fantasy, i wished came true.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:16 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Zim I have to disagree with you.

If FedEx is the shipping option of choice, I am OUT.

I work in shipping & receiving currently, and I can say, hands down, they are simply the worst company to work with. The daily dish out misinformation, create unnecessary and costly hassles due to ignorant redundancies, employee some of the rudest customer service and sales representatives, ... I've gotta stop now before I lose my cool.

But, yeah, I would LOVE a beautifully well done 3.75" comprehensice DC line of figures.

And in the latest QnA posted by JoeAce, Mattel actually responds to one of his questions with one of their own... so, if/when this line comes to pass, would we rather see a line similar in style to the current "evergreen" Batman line, or one more similar in style to the 4H designs in DCUC?

Personally, I'm not sure which I'd rather have, so long as its cohesive, consistent, easy to purchase, and long running.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

DC Collectibles had the beginnings of a good 3.75" DC line with the Green Lanterns. Then they decided to kill it with the Injustice figures.
It's how they killed the 13" line… people wanted a consistent classic style.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:23 am 
An Insider

Wildcard wrote:
DC Collectibles had the beginnings of a good 3.75" DC line with the Green Lanterns. Then they decided to kill it with the Injustice figures.

DC Collectibles is still releasing the Green Lantern figures. I do not know how long they plan to stay with the Injustice figures, but as long as the 3.75" figures sell, they will probably venture back to another series of DC Characters to follow after the Green Lanterns. DC Collectibles knows what Mattel is planning in 3.75"-4" figures. We'll have to see what both companies bring to the 3.75"-4" scale.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:39 am 
Variant Head

joeace wrote:
Wildcard wrote:

DC Collectibles is still releasing the Green Lantern figures. I do not know how long they plan to stay with the Injustice figures, but as long as the 3.75" figures sell, they will probably venture back to another series of DC Characters to follow after the Green Lanterns. DC Collectibles knows what Mattel is planning in 3.75"-4" figures. We'll have to see what both companies bring to the 3.75"-4" scale.

The Dc Collectibles figures (the GL ones) are such a great work, awesome sculpts and great painting with a lot of articulation. Unfortunatelly, they break so easily that I've abandoned the series. :(

It would be great if Mattel get us new 3.65 inch figures more in the Marvel Universe style.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:07 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

joeace wrote:
Wildcard wrote:

Except there are currently more Injustice Figures Sets now shown than Green Lanters Sets--

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:43 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
And in the latest QnA posted by JoeAce, Mattel actually responds to one of his questions with one of their own... so, if/when this line comes to pass, would we rather see a line similar in style to the current "evergreen" Batman line, or one more similar in style to the 4H designs in DCUC?

If they have less articulation than MoS 3.75", I'm out (So that rules out evergreen for me). I would LOVE a 'small' DCUC line. LOVE.

EDIT: I'd be willing to Pay as much as $11.99 for a well articulated 3.75" figure. I'd 'cherry-pick', but I would certainly pay more for better articulation and sculpt.