Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ask Matty for May 1, 2013 - Matty Answers
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:32 pm 
An Insider

Here are the ASK MATTY questions and answers I received for May 1, 2013.

http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/mycorner/Blog/files/ask-matty-may-1-2013.html

Post subject: Re: Ask Matty for May 1, 2013 - Matty Answers
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:35 pm 
Brand Manager

It's almost funny to see how he answers your questions about a 3.75 inch DC line. It looks like he just couldn't understand what you're asking.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:36 pm 
Brand Manager

5) QUESTION: If you release a 3.75"-4" line of "Justice League" action figures, will they be nicely sculpted and articulated like the DC Infinite Heroes or will they have clunky over-sized hands and feet and limited articulation like the current evergreen Batman 3.75"-4" figures have?

Matty: What would you like to see?

Really? Isn't that obvious? Is that an attempt to be funny? :?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:12 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I think they handled that question well. I don't like that the question feels like it's insulting one of their products.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:29 pm 
An Insider

Magog wrote:
It's almost funny to see how he answers your questions about a 3.75 inch DC line. It looks like he just couldn't understand what you're asking.

Question #2 was meant to ask about the single carded figures. I see that it should have been more specific. Mattel answered both questions #2 and #4 with, the product is on the shelves.

Questions #3 and #5 were answered, "wait and see", and "what would you like to see?" I think that those answers are better than, "sorry, we can not discuss anything that has not been announced".

I think that we should tell Mattel what we would like to see.
Post on the Mattel Fan Forums, the DC Brands at Retail section, and leave your comment for the team at Mattel.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:33 pm 
An Insider

Magog wrote:
5) QUESTION: If you release a 3.75"-4" line of "Justice League" action figures, will they be nicely sculpted and articulated like the DC Infinite Heroes or will they have clunky over-sized hands and feet and limited articulation like the current evergreen Batman 3.75"-4" figures have?

Matty: What would you like to see?

Really? Isn't that obvious? Is that an attempt to be funny? :?

I do not think that they were trying to be funny.
They have produced 3.75"-4" figures in both of those styles, so I think the question they gave is proper.

Post on the Mattel Fan Forums, the DC Brands at Retail section, and leave your comment for the team at Mattel.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:46 pm 
An Insider

Backward Galaxy wrote:
I think they handled that question well. I don't like that the question feels like it's insulting one of their products.

The question was not meant to insult, but rather an accurate description of the 3.75"-4" Batman Evergreen figures. How would you describe them to someone who has never seen them? Batman figures that have clunky over-sized hands and feet and limited articulation.

If those Batman figures were in a Broadway play, it would be called "Clunky Boots".

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:18 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

joeace wrote:
Backward Galaxy wrote:

The question was not meant to insult, but rather an accurate description of the 3.75"-4" Batman Evergreen figures. How would you describe them to someone who has never seen them? Batman figures that have clunky over-sized hands and feet and limited articulation.

If those Batman figures were in a Broadway play, it would be called "Clunky Boots".

"Nicely sculpted" and articulated vs. clunky and limited.

If you painted two paintings and someone said "can I have the nice one and you keep the other one?", what would you think they were implying about the other one? That it isn't nice. It feels to me more like a thinly veiled insult/deliberately negative criticism than it does a description of the actual product. In light of the fact that the Evergreen Batman is what's on the shelves now, it also seems a lot like the person asking the question is saying "Are you going to make nice figures or more of the garbage you're putting on the shelves now?"

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 pm 
An Insider

It's nice to see matty still making movie figures as though the film came out fifteen years ago...

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:56 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

joeace wrote:

I am SO sorry, it's been a while since I've been on the boards. Actually came back when I heard rumors of the 3.75" line. Can you link the forums you wish us to respond in? I want my voice heard! :D

Q & A wrote:

What would you like to see?

I'd love to see a 'shrunk' DCUC line. I'd absolutely pay more to get more (maybe $11.99ish). I've been dying for the perfect 3.75" Superman to hurl a HISS tank, or Batman to out-ninja Storm Shadow!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:00 pm 
Cold-cast

zaxilla2 wrote:
It's nice to see matty still making movie figures as though the film came out fifteen years ago...

freakin lol! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:56 am 
An Insider

jakeeyes wrote:
joeace wrote:

I am SO sorry, it's been a while since I've been on the boards. Actually came back when I heard rumors of the 3.75" line. Can you link the forums you wish us to respond in? I want my voice heard! :D

Q & A wrote:

What would you like to see?

I'd love to see a 'shrunk' DCUC line. I'd absolutely pay more to get more (maybe $11.99ish). I've been dying for the perfect 3.75" Superman to hurl a HISS tank, or Batman to out-ninja Storm Shadow!

Here is the link to Mattys Forum.
http://forums.mattycollector.com/
Go to the DC Brands At Retail sections and let Mattel know what you want in a 3.75"-4" figure line.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:54 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Thanks so much Joe. Heading over now.

EDIT: Weird. Logged in and tried to post on your thread, said I didn't have permission. Heading outside with the kids now. I'll try to fix it later. Thanks again for the link.