Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:37 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Van Statten, could you please post a pic of Zod standing right next to that light blue Superman (or any DCUC with that same height) with both legs as close to straight up and down as you can, so that I can get a height comparison?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:51 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:00 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Van Statten wrote:

Zod's legs can't go straighter than that? His knees are bent, he's facing off to the side, and the pic is from far away and blurry. Any chance of a better pic?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:09 am 
Variant Head

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... egomosset1

That Lego set show some Kryptonian soldiers (or robots). If they're on the movie, I hope that Mattel release some Movie Masters Version (Kryptonian army builder) :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:15 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

kringle you people are all demandy :lol:

I can take a better one I just need to make room somewhere for them to stand. But no, his legs can go straight BUT he falls down, he's rather top heavy with his huge noggin.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:27 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Van Statten wrote:

I can take a better one I just need to make room somewhere for them to stand. But no, his legs can go straight BUT he falls down, he's rather top heavy with his huge noggin.

Ahhh, ok. Well yeah I just want an actual sufficient height comparison. Similar to this:

Thanks for the effort :^)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:01 pm 
Bob Vila

squeezeplay wrote:
Van Statten wrote:

Ahhh, ok. Well yeah I just want an actual sufficient height comparison. Similar to this:

Thanks for the effort :^)

What legs did you use for that Bane custom? Did you swap out the forearms too, it looks like there's a cut there? And how did you get the bicep swivels?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:36 am 
declined to be a vampire

Looks like he used a DCSH Bane Body, DCUC Bane Hands and Boots, and a male buck DCUC legs for the legs...just guessing.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:32 am 
Bob Vila

Bunger43 wrote:
Looks like he used a DCSH Bane Body, DCUC Bane Hands and Boots, and a male buck DCUC legs for the legs...just guessing.

Thanks, but any idea how he would've got the DCUC biceps onto the DCSH shoulders as there isn't a bicep swivel/peg on the DCSH arms? Also, would those be any DCUC waist/legs or are they from Ares as he's larger?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:41 am 
declined to be a vampire

elvis8batman wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:

Thanks, but any idea how he would've got the DCUC biceps onto the DCSH shoulders as there isn't a bicep swivel/peg on the DCSH arms? Also, would those be any DCUC waist/legs or are they from Ares as he's larger?

No clue on the shoulder/bicep swap, but those look like the standard male buck legs...I think they just look bigger because they are attached to a larger boot and a larger body frame.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:25 pm 
Tis' but a pup

elvis8batman wrote:

Good eye on the legs.

Here is the full recipe:
head: DCSH camo Bane (changed from the regular DCSH Bane after this WIP pic was taken)
torso, shoulders, singlet, belt, boots and Venom apparatus: DCSH Bane
arms: HML Crossbones
pelvis and thighs: DCUC Ares
upper calves/shins: MOTUC Skeletor
fists: Euro Batman series Bane

I was sick of Mattel doing either a Bane that was underarticulated or way too big. Especially since the 4HM could clearly easily make one similar to what I just did.

My goal was to make it with the kind of torso you'd expect to see on Bane during Knightfall, with bicep swivels, and the DCUC style pelvis/hips. With the existing parts, I was looking to end up with a sort of cross between the comic version and TNBA animated version.

I took the Bane shoulders and carved off the biceps, and once they were shaped the same basic way as the Crossbones shoulders, I screwed and glued a big metal screw into each shoulder to replace the Crossbones pegs from his shoulders.

The venom tube is detachable for that action shot of Batman robbing him of his power ;^)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 pm 
declined to be a vampire

squeezeplay wrote:
elvis8batman wrote:

Good eye on the legs.

Here is the full recipe:
head: DCSH camo Bane (changed from the regular DCSH Bane after this WIP pic was taken)
torso, shoulders, singlet, belt, boots and Venom apparatus: DCSH Bane
arms: HML Crossbones
pelvis and thighs: DCUC Ares
upper calves/shins: MOTUC Skeletor
fists: Euro Batman series Bane

I was sick of Mattel doing either a Bane that was underarticulated or way too big. Especially since the 4HM could clearly easily make one similar to what I just did.

My goal was to make it with the kind of torso you'd expect to see on Bane during Knightfall, with bicep swivels, and the DCUC style pelvis/hips. With the existing parts, I was looking to end up with a sort of cross between the comic version and TNBA animated version.

I took the Bane shoulders and carved off the biceps, and once they were shaped the same basic way as the Crossbones shoulders, I screwed and glued a big metal screw into each shoulder to replace the Crossbones pegs from his shoulders.

The venom tube is detachable for that action shot of Batman robbing him of his power ;^)

That's pretty sweet man, good work.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:31 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Bunger43 wrote:
That's pretty sweet man, good work.

Thanks! Now I just need to find someone to paint the torso and arms for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:39 pm 
Variant Head

Fianally!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Tomorrow I'll post the pics of Zor (armor) and Faora :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:59 pm 
declined to be a vampire

When do all the other figures come out? Wave 2 or whatever?

I have Superman and plain old Zod, and Jor-el on the way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next