Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376 ... 386  Next
 Post subject: Re: The DC Universe Infinite Heroes Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:56 am 
Bob Vila

I know I'm in the minority here but I had no issue with the articulation from the first few waves of DCIH. I don't need the ankle joints just because they feel so fragile and I'm worried the feet will snap off.

I agree with you Eric just for basic articulation the elbow and knew joints are musts.

I'm disappointed with the IM3 figures. It's mostly due to the paint apps. With the Avengers movie figures the articulation was reduced but at least there was a little more detail with the paint jobs.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
I don't get the no knee articulation thing AT ALL. What is this, 1980? (1984 if you're a Secret Wars fan, but still...)

Unfortunately, research has shown that kids don't like too much articulation in their action figures. Even Star Wars has started reducing their articulation on kid-oriented figures. Even those 12" figures have limited articulation. Just be glad Mattel hasn't removed the elbow and knee joints on the movie masters.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

joeace wrote:
Today I picked up a set of Matty exclusive DC Infinite Heroes figures at TUESDAY MORNING for $1.99 each.

Monitor (Figure #Infinity)
Supergirl (Figure #43 variant "battle damaged")
Psycho Pirate (Figure #49 variant "mask on")
Flash (Barry Allen #48 variant "decaying face")

They also had $1.99 JLU Justice Guild figures.
Tom Turbine
Black Siren
Green Guardsman
The Streak

NICE. I love these figures. I remember getting the first Infinite Crisis set - Monitor / Super Boy / Mongol / Power Girl / Luthor... Awesome figures...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:09 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Wildcard wrote:
Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
I don't get the no knee articulation thing AT ALL. What is this, 1980? (1984 if you're a Secret Wars fan, but still...)

Unfortunately, research has shown that kids don't like too much articulation in their action figures. Even Star Wars has started reducing their articulation on kid-oriented figures. Even those 12" figures have limited articulation. Just be glad Mattel hasn't removed the elbow and knee joints on the movie masters.

I'm sure that research is from the 1980's :P

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 am 
declined to be a vampire

Wildcard wrote:
Eric Qel-Droma wrote:

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't care for too much articulation either.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:06 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Shoulders, elbows, neck, waist, hips, knees != too much articulation. I totally agree that "too much" is bad (by definition, really), but 10 POA is my personal minimum unless I'm desperate (Spider-Man 3.75" original Venom w/o tongue).

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:05 am 
Dog Squeezer

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
Shoulders, elbows, neck, waist, hips, knees != too much articulation. I totally agree that "too much" is bad (by definition, really), but 10 POA is my personal minimum unless I'm desperate (Spider-Man 3.75" original Venom w/o tongue).

I think that any new DC 3.75"-4" line should have at least those 10 points of articulation.

Shoulders, elbows, neck, waist, hips and knees.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Just no ankles whatsoever-- if I cant have proper depth pegholes- I shouldnt have articulation there..

Im fine the nomal 5 POA-- although I can accept those 10 listed above (12 would be my absolute max-- I dont mind the wrist joint- unless the hand pops out all of the time..)

I dont even know if I really can get behind ball joints- figures fall apart to easily now..

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:05 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

If a toy isn't fun to play with, then it's not a toy anymore. I'm with you, stewbacca.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:13 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I'm all for Star Wars style articulation. For seem reason, it seems other companies are unable to do the same style of articulation without sacrificing sculpt and quality. In which case, they should just stick to what they know… as long as it's not McFarlane "articulation"

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:34 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Wildcard wrote:
I'm all for Star Wars style articulation. For seem reason, it seems other companies are unable to do the same style of articulation without sacrificing sculpt and quality. In which case, they should just stick to what they know… as long as it's not McFarlane "articulation"

I got some McF figures with dioramas. Don't like them. The dios sit with my Remco figures, the McF figures sit in a cup.

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:05 pm 
Brand Manager

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
Shoulders, elbows, neck, waist, hips, knees != too much articulation. I totally agree that "too much" is bad (by definition, really), but 10 POA is my personal minimum.

Agree. I wouldn't start another collection if the figures have less than that.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:54 pm 
Cold-cast

I'm not a fan of over articulation either. I was pretty happy with IH for the most part. I do wish the women hadn't had the v crotch and that they had elbows, but that's about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:48 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

MU has had some absolutely excellent figures that have shown the potential of the scale. However, DCIH's males were acceptable to me at the original Target price-point of $4.99 or $9.99/3. The DCIH females were a disappointment all around, but the V-crotch and lack of elbows were the major problems.

I certainly wouldn't be upset if DCIH v1 made a comeback at $7/each, but instead we seem to be getting the wrong costumes and questionable quality for $29.99/2 instead. Sigh.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I don't think we gonna to see decently articulated figures for less than $10 anymore.
Heck, I'm not convinced we'll be seeing decently articulated figures at retail in the future unless they're 6 inch scale.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376 ... 386  Next