Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: DC Shazam SDCC Exclusive
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:46 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

All the explanations of why the Shazam new 52 is the SDCC exclusive are solid - mostly. I get it. It's really nice to come on board and talk to us.
I also don't think it's gonna sell well at all. You can make all the best decisions and still miss the mark. That said, man I sure do like the new headsculpt SO much better than the Ser. 6 Shazam.

abuddah wrote:
If the budget for DC figures is so anemic, has anyone proposed the idea of less figures per year that cost more but have more accessories and unique sculpting?

Y'know, at one time I was asking people on the various boards what was more important to them: getting better quality toys, or getting more characters - and more characters won hands down every time. Like someone would so much rather have a decent or even sub-standard toy of a great character rather than a fantastic toy of a character they didn't like or didn't know, which is the opposite of me. But I've come to learn I am deep in the minority.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:19 pm 
shirtless hugger

There was a time when I would have squarely fit in the " more characters" category. But as the line ages, I'd rather have fewer characters and get some more unique sculpts. Granny goodness is such a glaring omission in my collection...

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:55 pm 
Resin

Here, as far as I'm concerned, is the key part of that interview:

AFi: Does this mean we will be seeing more New 52 characters in the DCSC subscription either in 2013 or the possible 2014 line?

TG: We will not be doing New 52 figures in the online club.

Thank you, TG. Had this answer been anything other than this, that would've been the end of it for me. I have absolutely no interest in anything New 52 related. I look forward to seeing what we can look forward to for the rest of 2013, and the start of 2014.