Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Unlimited / Batman Unlimited at retail
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:19 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

batfink wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
That is a pretty fugly Batman. :?

I like the figure and design. It's a hybrid of the 1939 Bob Kane Batman, a Pixar character, and the Bruce Timm Batman. For me the Batman design I really hated (at first) was Batman: The Brave and The Bold. The Adam West-ish look was hokey did nothing for me, but it was a great show nonetheless. I prefer the Golden Age noir-Batman. Beware the Batman seems to be in that vein.

I remember people screaming back when Bruce Timm did the TNBA redesign on Batman. They were all fixated on the yellow oval and blue highlights. Good riddance, in my opinion.

I see what you're saying. Still not liking the figure right now. I think it will wear on me. I hope the series will do well.

TNBA came off well. For most of us growing up, you had SuperFriends reruns and then this. So to me the Timm Batman became ICONic
THE BATMAN followed and I wondered WHY? art was more appealing, but WHY another series so soon... Well, it grew on me. Just in time for them to cancel it.
BATB was the most recent. Although I wondered, as soon as you watch it you realize, they are looking for a much younger audience (Like Marvel Super-Hero Squad).

With Beware The Batman, I see abit more ANIME style.... Honk Kong futuristic vision anime. Sounds cool. Lets see if the figures will make peoples shelves.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:37 pm 
Collector Inspector

I like the Green Lantern too. I'm staying FAR away from the Injustice figures, but I'm going to buy that Green Lantern, boil and pop the Hal head off, and pull do an interesting headswap instead.

That armor-like body will be a welcome addition with my rather uniform DCUC Gl Corp. I just don't want yet another Hal.

I've been trying to like that Animated Batman, It's just not happening . This has all been done before, don't forget, when they shoe-horned a Movie Master in the GL Corp Classics line.

It really really makes me wish they did a Superman Unlimited line this year. I would have been all over that. Like....

Lois Lane, Business suit Lex, Zod, Maxima, Brainiac, Golden Age/ 1st Appearance Superman, Kingdom Come Superman, Dark Knight Returns Superman, Krypto, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Steel, Christopher Reeves Movie Master, Something from Smallville, Lois and Clark, anything....oh and ofcourse, Light blue Superman.

I would have bought any of that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:30 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Beyond Comics in Frederick, MD had about 20 of the Injustice Jokers on the Pegs--although I didnt even remember this figure getting announced it was an easy pass for me..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:00 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'm betting the Beware the Batman has the same hip design as the DKR figure did in the last wave.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:44 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

stewbacca wrote:
Beyond Comics in Frederick, MD had about 20 of the Injustice Jokers on the Pegs--although I didnt even remember this figure getting announced it was an easy pass for me..

Now have seen the joker at my LCBS, Wal Mart and Target this week as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:15 am 
Cold-cast

Preview of Mattel's Arkham Origins Deathstroke and Batman figures

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=20596

Liking Deathstroke's accessories, definitely not digging Batman's chunky thighs. Time to lay off the bat-snacks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:45 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Saw Aquaman at Target Yesterday-- does anyone have an actual checklist for this line- I swear I dont remember seeing previews of any of these figures..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:05 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Saw Injustice Superman and Joker, Aquaman, and Darkseid at a Walmart today. Decided to pick up Aquaman after all.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:24 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I hit paydirt with these things today... found the mix 1 Superman and Hawkman, Injustice Superman, Batman and Joker as well as the new Darkseid and Aquaman (I think I got the mix 1 Batman, too, but it wasn't in the load I brought in when I got home... have to see if it's still in the car or if I'm mis-remembering what I bought).

stewbacca wrote:
Saw Aquaman at Target Yesterday-- does anyone have an actual checklist for this line- I swear I dont remember seeing previews of any of these figures..

Jason, I think this is complete...

DCU Mix 1 - n52 Superman, n52 Flash, n52 Hawkman
BU Mix 1 - n52 Batman, n52 Batgirl, Super Powers Penguin
DCU Mix 2 - n52 Wonder Woman, Injustice Batman
BU Mix 2 - Planet X Batman (with grumpy Bat-Mite), Dark Knight Returns Batman
DCU Mix 3 - Injustice Superman, Injustice Joker, n52 Aquaman, n52 Darkseid

Not sure exactly what the next mixes are but we've been shown a Batman Beyond Batman (with wings), Red Rain Batman, Damien Wayne Robin, Injustice Green Lantern, Beware the Batman Batman and Beware the Batman Anarky.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:49 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

And I still haven't seen Wonder Woman in person.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:12 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Shellhead wrote:
And I still haven't seen Wonder Woman in person.

I haven't, either, and I have to find two of them as my cousin is a huge WW fan and asked me to pick one up for her when I found her.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:35 pm 
active in the community

Amazon has WW priced at $19.99 with free shipping with $25 purchase. not a horrible price if you think about wasted gas used trying to search store for her.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:05 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well I know it isn't this thread anymore--

But I just picked up Red Robin from the All Star Waves at a Kmart-- they had all 4 (Supes, Bats and Superboy) and they were in the system so I thought that was odd. A year later and I finally pick up the one I need (not to mention they were on sale for 12.99

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:08 pm 
MINT!

radspidey27 wrote:
Amazon has WW priced at $19.99 with free shipping with $25 purchase. not a horrible price if you think about wasted gas used trying to search store for her.

and she is..or was..only found one per case. what are the odds of him finding two in one store..with good eyes?

i ordered 4 on april 17th and sent two back because the eyes were all retarded crossed and painted on top of the eye lashes. sent a third one back because the hair was glued on too far back on her head...she had a huge forehead.

i probably check amazon daily and haven't seen her flash or hawkman available as 'ships from and sold by amazon' for 15.99 since about the end of april.

will these start going out of production when newer waves come out as they did with dc universe classics?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:27 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The Unlimited lines are supposed to be using a mix system instead of waves which means that a figure could get rotated in-and-out of cases for a while, but I'm not finding any regular reports on what case mixes are being announced/found so it's difficult to say what is going to be one run and what will be around "forever".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next