Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Man of Steel 3.75 inch
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:21 pm 
Displays Backwards

I picked up the two Zods and the four non-armored Supermen from this the other day. They are okay. If they just had 3 more POA (knees and waist) I would be happier with them.

I don't get the clear plastic cape that came with Tread Attack Superman. I had to check this thread to look at PJ's pics to make sure mine wasn't a defect. It's like the red part from 3-D glasses or something. It's pretty crazy.

I think the Superman with a costume that kind of looks like the Eradicator is pretty cool, don't remember what it's called.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 am 
5th Horseman

did they learn NOTHING from the Dark Knight Rises line? Jeesh... theres are all gonna be in a landfill somewhere in the middle of Simi valley.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:37 pm 
Displays Backwards

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... el-mystery

Pretty cool. I'm glad we get Jor-El and whoever the heck Namek is (I guess he's the new Non). Sad there's still no little Faora.

These figures are mediocre at best but still kinda fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:44 am 
Cold-cast

BCYa wrote:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/who-is-namek-a-man-of-steel-mystery

Pretty cool. I'm glad we get Jor-El and whoever the heck Namek is (I guess he's the new Non). Sad there's still no little Faora.

These figures are mediocre at best but still kinda fun.

the target 5pk dpci is 087061684 @ $22.99. The quality is really poor same as the basic figs without accessories. supermans belt is not even painted like it is in the singles. wish they had added faora and or Lois or a second pack with Lois, faora, tor-an, Col hardy and armored zod with removeable helmet

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:40 am 
active in the community

Any close up pics of the Jor-El figure? I'm guessing we'll get a Faora sooner or later.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:05 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Slightly related, Nam-Ek is mentioned by name in the prequel digital comic. He's in panel but I couldn't really tell you who was who outside of Kara in that art (not sure if it was the inker or colorist that ruined Ordway's art there...).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:57 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Found the singles of these at Family Dollar. They also have some new Bats as well. The single Zod is the same one in the Target box. I plan to get that set tomorrow. I have already used a Zod for a custom.

CCC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:00 pm 

Jim_Abell wrote:
Slightly related, Nam-Ek is mentioned by name in the prequel digital comic. He's in panel but I couldn't really tell you who was who outside of Kara in that art (not sure if it was the inker or colorist that ruined Ordway's art there...).

Interesting. It is Namek (or Nemek) on the box, no hyphen. Surprising since male Kryptonian names are typically hyphenated.

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:14 pm 

Finally got this set today.
The first complaint I have is the packaging. Mattel glued the box shut. This makes it real hard to preserve the packaging if you open it, heads up. The interior piece makes a decent backdrop. The Superman capes were rivet tied to the packaging with the same ties department stores use to attach their tags to your shirts, you know, the ones that always stick you and make you itch. The capes are cloth and were held so they would look good in the package, but I think this with the glue was meant to discourage people opening the boxes in the store and removing the figures.
Superman and Zod have the exact same body with different paint apps, and the other Superman and Jor-El have the same body with different paint apps. I am going out on a limb and saying the Armored Zod probably has this body too. The heads on the armor figures do not turn because the armor won't let them.
The highlight of the set are Jor-El and Namek, not hyphenated on the packaging, who are apparently not available anywhere else. In the beginning there was Mego, and life was good. We got 3.75 inch figures of Superman, Jor-El, Zod, and Lex Luthor. Now, many years later, there is Mattel, and we get 3.75 inch figures of Superman, Jor-El, Zod, and Namek. And still in 5 POA. Still, I have to admit that the sculpting has improved.

CCC.

Oh and by the way, I did check. Jor-El does NOT glow in the dark. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:36 am 

Ok, 2 more pics. First is the 3 Zods.
Next are the 3 Armored characters.
I have to say from the pictures I am seeing that I like the MM Faora figure I am seeing, it is just too bad nobody at Mattel was intelligent enough to figure out to do this in the true action figure scale; 1/18.

CCC.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:28 am 
Collector Inspector

MAN OF STEEL SUPERMAN 3.5″ FIGURE

Fine, yeah, It's DC Collectibles and I shouldn't post it here, but it's such an anomaly, not really worth a thread for it-- and it doesn't really belong with the other 3.5 inch DCC figures being made--I figured it's worth comparing it to Mattel's Man Of Steel.

I wonder what the point of this figure is? It's $5. It's 2 POA. I wonder if there's more characters?

Does it look better than Mattel's? I kinda like it, but I'm disappointed that it has less articulation than McDonalds toy. Anyway, just throwing it out there.

http://comicsalliance.com/dc-collectibles-solicitations-october-2013/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:23 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

That looks like it belongs in the same line as the DVD pack-in figures the animated releases get.

Its really odd to see it being offered on its own, loose, and in the wild like that. Could this be a test for future releases perhaps?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:01 am 
Damage Control

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
That looks like it belongs in the same line as the DVD pack-in figures the animated releases get.

Its really odd to see it being offered on its own, loose, and in the wild like that. Could this be a test for future releases perhaps?

That is what I was thinking, same as the Blu-ray exclusives that Best Buy offers.

I always thought that they should produce a line of these figure on their own without the Blu-ray. Maybe it's a test. Someone should ask DC Collectibles at SDCC. I would buy these if they made a complete line. With my comic book discount, the figure would be less than $5.00. I would buy it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 pm 

Looks anorexic to me. Maybe you could do a custom Superboy from him?

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:43 am 
Displays Backwards

I have no idea why DCC decided to make a Man of Steel figure that sucks more than Mattel's line.

I actually kind of like Mattel's figs, I just wish they had knee and waist articulation. 2 POA is just absurd. Who wants that?