Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:46 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I think those who like Man of Steel less are either 1.) too fixated on the 78 movie, 2.) Paid hacks by Marvel
That being said, Superman had evolved in his 75 years of existence. The Chris Reeve Superman had already left us in his comic book continuity since Superman died at the hands fo Doomsday. Superman now is grittier. Now I'm not saying that I hated Reeve's Superman, but that movie was perfect for it's time. But since Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen happened in the late 80's, Super Heroes in general has lost it's innocence. Man of Steel cannot and should not be compared to Superman 78. They are two totally different animals. Man of Steel fits more with this current generation.

On the toy side, Faora seems to be the most hardest to find. I only found her once and I'm in luck that I was able to bring her home with me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:31 am 
Loose, Missing Package

AnimateTed wrote:
After seeing the movie last night... Mattel should be ashamed of themselves. The movie is not great, by any stretch, but the Krypton scenes are SOOOO toyetic. It's as lush and rich as Avatar or Star Wars... and we got 20 repaints of Superman. Ridiculous.

While I agree that there is a ton of "cool" stuff in the Krypton scenes (would love to have Jor-El's flying mount and can totally see where L-Ron will be in the sequel), I think it would have had the same fate at retail as most of the Avatar stuff did - cool to look at but not as cool as Superman and Zod beating the crap out of each other (to a kid, anyway).

That said, I'd love to see Lois, Lara and Nam-Ek (or Namek, however it's supposed to be spelled) added to the MM line-up.

I gotta say that I am really curious as to why Faora doesn't come with a helmet, too.

Anyone want to speculate on what will be in the "Final Battle" set now that the movie has opened? (please use spoiler tags until Mattel finally reveals what it really is, after that it will be public knowledge and won't matter what we've speculated...)

Spoiler: show
My guess is that it will show the battle on the satellite and the "spoiler" is that the satellite has the Wayne Enterprises logo on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:15 am 
declined to be a vampire

I just want my armored zod.

Edit: Man, I got a post deleted...weird.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:55 pm 
5" Scale

Amazon delivered my armored Zod today. Did anyone else who ordered from them receive the multi lingual packaging?

I also bought Jor-el from Target. Originally that was a figure I was going to pass on but seeing the film made me want to get it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:57 am 
Collector Inspector

I drove all across the city, to every store, even specialty toy stores that get everything-- and No Armored Zod or Faora. Just lots of Wave 1 selection, everywhere. So when I found a newly posted Loose Armored Zod and Faora for $33.00 Shipped on ebay, I just jumped all over it so blindingly fast, I didn't even read the whole description. Mission accomplished. I prefer to support retail, but this particular Wave 2 selection has not come here at all, so forget that. I was spying that $15.99 Zod on amazon for a few days and then he just shot way up, so forget that.

I did find a shackled Zod and no Supermans at one Walmart. Interesting to see that the Supermans are selling well. I like these , I can't wait to get Zod and Faora in hand. I haven't decided if I want Jor-El, But if I see a sale, I'll get him.

I've haven't gone to see the movie. I'll go next week. It'll be interesting to see if there are other characters that could have gotten figures.

Last edited by funtime3 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:07 pm 
Damage Control

funtime3 wrote:
I drove all across the city, to every store, even specialty toy stores that get everything-- and No Armored Zod or Faora. Just lots of Wave 1 selection, everywhere. So when I found a newly posted Loose Armored Zod and Faora for $33.00 Shipped on ebay, I just jumped all over it so blindingly fast, I didn't even read the whole description. Mission accomplished. I prefer to support retail, but this particular Wave 2 selection has not come here at all, so forget that. I was spying that $15.99 Zod on amazon for a few days and then he just shot way up, so forget that.

I did find a shackled Zod and no Supermans at one Walmart. Interesting to see that the Supermans are selling well. I like these , I can't wait to get Zod and Faora in hand. I haven't decided if I want Jor-El, But if I see a sale, I'll get him.

I've been too to see the movie. I'll go next week. It'll be interesting to see if their are other characters that could have gotten figures.

At $33 for two shipped it's comparable to retail and Amazon. So that's not that bad of a deal at all. I'm personally still waiting for a sale because I know by Christmas these will come down to 10.99 or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:44 pm 
Fugitive Dust

So this is what the whole exclusive Man of Steel SDCC set is all about? Red Glowing Eyes Superman?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... s/2431377/

The figures look the same as the ones in retail (except Superman is now mad). I think this is a pass for me, I can understand why Superman is mad (terrible exclusive)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:21 pm 
Daniel Pickett

It's a little different.

This skinsuit Zod has the gotee like the end of the movie. The wave one figure does not. He has an I-beam for an accessory.

The Superman figure has an action feature. Push a button and his eyes light up red. (I think there's another light in the box that corresponds to where Superman is looking/blasting.

The set also comes with the flying base that was originally going to come with the 6" Young Justice Superboy figure that was shown at Toy Fair last year but canceled.

D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:55 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It looks like the Con Supes also has a cloth cape.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:56 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Gotta say that the battle in that box is a far sight better than the battle going on between Bane and Batman that TRU got...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:06 pm 
Collector Inspector

Woah, cloth cape. But I wish it was all cloth, and not plastic where it drapes over his shoulders.

Still, nice packaging by Mattel, as always. It's a pretty display pice, for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:02 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Superman looks horrible the eyes just look like they are bloodshot and his "new" head sculpt is way off IMO, (too cartoon-ish/DCUC-ish.) As for Zod he is simply a Wave 2 Armored Zod head with Wave One Body. This is a silly product, and an easy pass for me, (but I must thank Mattel--- Thank you Mattel you just saved me $50+.)
:D :roll:

D.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:57 am 
Cold-cast

JuliusMarx wrote:
It's a little different.

This skinsuit Zod has the gotee like the end of the movie.

D

thanks for ruinning the movie i have not watched by telling me how he looks at the end. I mean the box set scene could be from any point in the movie so if u have not watched the movie, one could assume its a scene from the middle. have avoided evey trailer to date. You could have described the figure difference without mentioning the movie

As for the box set value, i am not feeling it, perhaps this is why they waited to show anything. i mean the presale could have happened today when we could see what you were getting but they figure leave it a mystery and let it sell out before we reveal it. Regardless, this set will do well at SDCC and after. The head sculpt is no where near cavil nor the MM figure, cartoonish and looks more like a Matty He-Man head then dcuc style.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:24 am 
declined to be a vampire

Zim wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:
It's a little different.

This skinsuit Zod has the gotee like the end of the movie.

D

thanks for ruinning the movie i have not watched by telling me how he looks at the end. I mean the box set scene could be from any point in the movie so if u have not watched the movie, one could assume its a scene from the middle. have avoided evey trailer to date. You could have described the figure difference without mentioning the movie

As for the box set value, i am not feeling it, perhaps this is why they waited to show anything. i mean the presale could have happened today when we could see what you were getting but they figure leave it a mystery and let it sell out before we reveal it. Regardless, this set will do well at SDCC and after. The head sculpt is no where near cavil nor the MM figure, cartoonish and looks more like a Matty He-Man head then dcuc style.

Wait, what? He ruined the movie by telling you that zod has facial hair at the end?

That's, well, stupid. I seriously hope this is just a place where you are giving a little bit of grief in a fun manner that comes across bland on the internet.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:27 am 
declined to be a vampire

I just had a chance last night to bust out my Batman Movie Masters figures...and wow, I did not realize how much bigger the Man of Steel figures are. It's quite a bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next