Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crazy JLU deals at BBTS.....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:34 pm 
Knows his stuff

I'm just waiting for one of those Volcana packs that we were told were produced in a decent quantity to show up somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:37 pm 
Aspires to be #1

jamiwa3 wrote:
I'm just waiting for one of those Volcana packs that we were told were produced in a decent quantity to show up somewhere.

What packs? Volcana hasn't been made for years.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:59 pm 
AFA Graded

Anybody see a Static 3-pack yet? I need one.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:36 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Bryan Long wrote:
I found the seven-packs at two out of three Ross stores I visited. No Guy Gardner packs so far. I'm going to check another on the way home tonight. Based on my small sampling so far, it seems that there's only one seven-pack going to each store around here. If anybody has found multiples, feel free to correct me.

I found two. Snagged them both in a heartbeat!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:05 am 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:
jamiwa3 wrote:

What packs? Volcana hasn't been made for years.

At the time, someone asked in the Ask Matty about the rarity of the Volcana/Green Arrow/Hawk pack, and they replied the pack was made in the relative same numbers as the other packs. Which means there should be a pile of those packs laying around somewhere...assuming Matty was telling the truth and not saving face, which is a huge assumption.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:07 am 
Aspires to be #1

Yea, they're sitting around in people's homes. That thing hit stores like 7 years ago. Those are long gone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:14 am 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:
Yea, they're sitting around in people's homes. That thing hit stores like 7 years ago. Those are long gone.

I know, trust me. I was in the stores up to 20 times a week when they supposedly hit. I was lucky enough to find the 10-inch Justice Lords in the stores (except Batman) and every other 4-inch pack, but never saw Volcana.

It was a snide reference to a statement Mattel made in the past. I know they're gone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:11 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I'm surprised Ross can sell those sets so cheaply and still make a profit. Did Mattel sell them for a buck apiece?

I'm glad I got my set already through Matty, because there are no Ross stores in New York. I'd be really disappointed if I had missed the Matty sale AND could not get a set at Ross.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:29 am 
Loose, Missing Package

GregNYC wrote:
I'm surprised Ross can sell those sets so cheaply and still make a profit. Did Mattel sell them for a buck apiece?

I remember TRU having a huge Star Wars blowout back in '01, I believe it was, where it was said that they'd paid by the pound for said product. I wonder if the same holds here?... Perhaps paying by the pound or maybe even by the pallet for this stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:23 am 
declined to be a vampire

PBateman wrote:
I am just throwing this out there, I will gladly pay $10 shipped for a loose Guy Gardner with good paint. I also would pay like $15 shipped loose for Vandal savage and Savage Time Supes.

I can not believe Mattel dumped those 7 packs for that price, I was lucky and waited and got one in trade for some stuff I got a good deal on but still why not offer the little customer service stock during the early buying program ?

OR...

https://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail.a ... 0VSOX1GYJH

And you can get the savage/superman pack for 8 bucks plus shipping, still less than your 15.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:47 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I think the 7 pack is due to someone being told go price all those JLU multipacks 3.99-- (not knowing there was two level of packs)

Thats noticeable- by the original price being 30.00 on the tag-- stores like ROss and TJ Maxx are usually very accurate on the original retail price to make things look better- so I think we are all just getting the benefit of a simple screw up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

A hit and a miss at lunch today. One Ross had one seven-pack, the other had nothing. Still no sign of a Guy Gardner. I'm going to revisit one store that I already hit this evening, and then I'll probably lay off the hunt.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:57 pm 
5" Scale

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:
FYI, Batman or no Batman, I don't expect them to last past the weekend.

I'd agree. I'm going to make an effort to try to get to a couple more stores tomorrow. I may also revisit one or two stores where I came up dry.

Same here, nothing in the discount stores I visited :? The hunt continues.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:01 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Jim_Abell wrote:
GregNYC wrote:

I remember TRU having a huge Star Wars blowout back in '01, I believe it was, where it was said that they'd paid by the pound for said product. I wonder if the same holds here?... Perhaps paying by the pound or maybe even by the pallet for this stuff.

Oh man I remember this cuz all the web exclusive figures like Kyle Katarn and the rest of those showed up at TRU is bulk fir like $2.75 each and I picked up a ton of that stuff! I thought I was dreaming haha!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:44 pm 
Wonderdog

Jim_Abell wrote:
GregNYC wrote:

I worked at a Kay-Bee in the mid-90s, and at that time we would have most of the Toy Biz Marvel stuff at 3 for $10, pretty much all the time. I asked how we made a profit on those and was told that 'clearanced' items like that were actually our highest-profit items. So yeah, definitely some kind of massive bulk deal going on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next