Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crazy JLU deals at BBTS.....
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:33 pm 
Brand Manager

The_Donster wrote:
Same here, nothing in the discount stores I visited :? The hunt continues.

I visited 6 Ross Stores since I found that one 7-pack, last Wednesday. And found nothing. One out of Eight, that's a .125 batting average. And the sad part is, I can't tell if I beat the delivery truck, or some of the other customers beat me. But when you start to factor in gas mileage and time... well, for those of you that still need these, I believe the ol'e LCBS deal might still be the safest way to go.

ed case wrote:
I worked at a Kay-Bee in the mid-90s, and at that time we would have most of the Toy Biz Marvel stuff at 3 for $10, pretty much all the time. I asked how we made a profit on those and was told that 'clearanced' items like that were actually our highest-profit items. So yeah, definitely some kind of massive bulk deal going on.

Argh! Those 3 for $10 sales are the reason I'm still in this Hobby. "I was out, but they pulled me back in!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:36 am 
Collector Inspector

Jim_Abell wrote:
GregNYC wrote:
I'm surprised Ross can sell those sets so cheaply and still make a profit. Did Mattel sell them for a buck apiece?

I remember TRU having a huge Star Wars blowout back in '01, I believe it was, where it was said that they'd paid by the pound for said product. I wonder if the same holds here?... Perhaps paying by the pound or maybe even by the pallet for this stuff.

I hadn't thought of that. Retail is a crazy industry.

I wonder if the losses Mattel is taking on the figures now were factored into the prices we paid when they first came out. It makes me think there is an algorithm for calculating the price based on how many can be sold at immediately and how many will be sold at closeout stores later.

Of course, as a collector, you take your chances when you wait for "later."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I'm assuming you guys snapped up the seven packs and there's been nothing new spotted? I'm curious to see how much ends up leaking out at these stores...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:26 pm 
5" Scale

I never found that 7 pack, but I didn't hit every Ross, just the one's in my neck of the woods.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:41 pm 
Damage Control

The_Donster wrote:
I never found that 7 pack, but I didn't hit every Ross, just the one's in my neck of the woods.

Hey Don, I found the 7 packs at the Ross in Redmond. I only found them once.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:15 am 
Collector Inspector

I visited about 12 different Ross stores, some local, some on my vacation. Found seven packs (one each) at three of them. No Gardner packs. I haven't seen any in over a week now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:44 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Nothing where I am at... Then again Utah isn't exactly known for being cool when it comes to getting cool stuff in. lol ;) I am glad many of you are finding these though. :)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:07 pm 
5" Scale

Veil1 wrote:
The_Donster wrote:

Hey Don, I found the 7 packs at the Ross in Redmond. I only found them once.

Cool beans. Unfortunately for me I'm not up there too much and with a little guy in tow it makes toy hunting a hassle. I've resigned to the fact, if I find it, I find it. I'm going into Seattle tomorrow. So maybe I'll check up there before we head home. Thanks for the heads up though, appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:08 pm 
Resin

Havent seen any here in PGH, PA area. Least not as yet. Side note, habe any of you that order via your LCBS heard a ship/delivery date? Originally my LCBS proprietor said early July, but today when I picked up my books he told me Diamond doesnt know and their default date shows 12/31/13 lol

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:04 am 
3 3/4"

BFantana wrote:
Havent seen any here in PGH, PA area. Least not as yet. Side note, habe any of you that order via your LCBS heard a ship/delivery date? Originally my LCBS proprietor said early July, but today when I picked up my books he told me Diamond doesnt know and their default date shows 12/31/13 lol

I dont know what part of Pittsburgh you are in, but i check the Greensburg store from time to time and they havent gotten any in as far as I have seen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:42 am 
declined to be a vampire

Last weekend I was in OKC and the Dallas area. I hit two in OKC and 3 in Dallas and saw no signs of them :(

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:04 am 
3 3/4"

not sure if this should go somewhere else, but I was in Maine last week and in a store called Marden's they had 1.99 jlu LOSH, Justice Guild, and the Wizard as well as IH Psycho Pirate and Monitor.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:38 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I take it they were being sold as individual figures and not as four packs (referring to LOSH and Guild)?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:58 pm 
5" Scale

Yes, individually. I actually found the Justice Guild at Tuesday Mornings in my area. Didn't see any of the rest that folks are reporting, but it has been a few weeks since I actively searched for anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:41 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I have checked Tuesday Morning, Ross, TJ Maxx, and Berlington... nothing, bleghh. ;)

D.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next