Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:33 am 
Collector Inspector

Zim wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:
It's a little different.

This skinsuit Zod has the gotee like the end of the movie.

D

thanks for ruinning the movie i have not watched by telling me how he looks at the end. I mean the box set scene could be from any point in the movie so if u have not watched the movie, one could assume its a scene from the middle. have avoided evey trailer to date. You could have described the figure difference without mentioning the movie

You are kidding, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:31 am 
declined to be a vampire

GregNYC wrote:

You are kidding, right?

I sure hope he is. If not, then maybe the internet isn't the place for him...lol.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:30 pm 
Variant Head

I really like cloth cape, so the exclusive will be part of my collection, next to my cloth cape DKR Batman. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 pm 
declined to be a vampire

I think that's cool, but not 50 dollars cool.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:45 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Zim wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:
It's a little different.

This skinsuit Zod has the gotee like the end of the movie.

D

thanks for ruinning the movie i have not watched by telling me how he looks at the end. I mean the box set scene could be from any point in the movie so if u have not watched the movie, one could assume its a scene from the middle. have avoided evey trailer to date. You could have described the figure difference without mentioning the movie

Sorry. What I MEANT to say was "This skinsuit Zod has the gotee like he has 20 minutes into the movie and in EVERY SINGLE PUBLICITY SHOT AND TRAILER AND OTHER ACTION FIGURE"

And trust me... knowing that is not what's going to ruin the movie for you. The movie does that job for you.

Anyway - back to toys - It's good that we'll be getting that flying stand base in this set if that comes to pass.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
JuliusMarx wrote:

Sorry. What I MEANT to say was "This skinsuit Zod has the gotee like he has 20 minutes into the movie and in EVERY SINGLE PUBLICITY SHOT AND TRAILER AND OTHER ACTION FIGURE"

And trust me... knowing that is not what's going to ruin the movie for you. The movie does that job for you.

Anyway - back to toys - It's good that we'll be getting that flying stand base in this set if that comes to pass.

Sir Julius of Marx, you do not ever need to apologize nor explain yourself to us mere peasants... sir. ;)

To Zim, one must always respect the Julius of Marx no matter the difference of opinion or what he says. ;)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 pm 
MINT!

I want
Spoiler: show
a neck snapping action superman/zod 2 pack with led eye beams that shut off when you activate the 'snap'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:31 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Dusty wrote:
Sir Julius of Marx, you do not ever need to apologize nor explain yourself to us mere peasants... sir. ;)

To Zim, one must always respect the Julius of Marx no matter the difference of opinion or what he says. ;)

D.

um....ok.... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:06 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
JuliusMarx wrote:
Dusty wrote:

D.

um....ok.... :shock:

I was just joking, :) I even used think "wink" face/emoticon thing, see? ;)
...sorry if I came off as weird or anything, I was really trying to just make the situation a little lighter. Sorry again.
:| :oops:

Dusty.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:17 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

From an action figure standpoint, these costume designs did nothing for me. The new Super-Golan/Snyder-verse is going to be as un-toy friendly as the recently concluded Batman one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:10 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Zim wrote:

This is hilarious. Spoiler alert - at the end of the movie the credits roll!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:44 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

JuliusMarx wrote:
The movie does that job for you.

Opinions are like...Hearts. We happen to differ on this one.

But back to toys, I'll echo a fellow collector and agree that it is cool: just not $50 cool. I LOVE the cloth cape though

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:16 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

jakeeyes wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:
The movie does that job for you.

Yeah. I'll admit that the first time I got out of it I was a little disappointed but SO much less than Superman Returns and for MUCH different reasons. Immediately I knew that there would be an uprising on the single point of the final climax BUT all in all if we were to take it for what it is in "reality" the outcome was necessary.

The second time i saw it I kinda had a running pace of when to look where on the screen and noticed other little things along the way and with the exclusion of the 3D experience I enjoyed it much more.

Now... these exclusive figures... Much more disappointing. Wired fabric cape (wink) Yes... Bearded Zod... Yes thank you, but this better be released elsewhere as well... Heat vision?... gimmicky and it destroys the look of the figure. His head looks like those Tarzan King of Mars figures from back in the early 2000's (yes... that bad IMO). Flight stand? sure why not. In the end...the BOX is the most impressive part of this entire set. I do dig the folding work that had to go into making a crumpled box. Julius, your a saint to chat with these folks so pleasantly.

They got me with the ab-crunch and the vinyl cape but they wont get me with battery operated conjunctivitus Superman.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:40 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

JuliusMarx wrote:

Ha! True that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Found Armored Zod at Walmart today. I think he's a pretty good figure overall.
Now I just need to find the woman, which I'm sure will be an ordeal.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next