Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:01 pm 
Cold-cast

Bunger43 wrote:

Wait, what? He ruined the movie by telling you that zod has facial hair at the end?

That's, well, stupid. I seriously hope this is just a place where you are giving a little bit of grief in a fun manner that comes across bland on the internet.

What is stupid is vicous attacks and name calling, that was my opinion perhaps now that i have seen the movie i'll admit it was a bit of an overreaction but in my defence all i knew is that there were 3 versions of toy zods and i did not know where in the movie they appeared and that was part of the mystery i wanted the movie to reveal. He could just have said its the armored zod head on the wave 1 body and did not need to make a reference to the movie or where in the movie it appeared. However now that i have seen the movie i know. This is exactly why i hate hanging out on this board anymore, people are just mean and just want to attack people for expressing their opinion even if it was overeacting in the moment. Tons of you make stupid comments all the time, you don't see me jumping down your throats, insulting, attacking and making fun of you...now that is stupid!! I am always here helping people find stuff they want and i ask nothing in return (even daniell pickett), perhaps that is stupid too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:07 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

A friend found Faora for me! Now I just need Zod in shackles and Superman with the Kryptonian Command Key and I am all set!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:00 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Spoiler alert for those who haven't seen the movie yet - Superman flies in it.

Back to the toy talk -
I ind it amazing that in my area (YMMV), the shelves are crowded with the 3" figures an all the cartoony stuff, but the movie masters are cleaned out!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:55 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Captain Collector wrote:
Back to the toy talk -
I ind it amazing that in my area (YMMV), the shelves are crowded with the 3" figures an all the cartoony stuff, but the movie masters are cleaned out!

Not sure if this is being said in all serious or not--

Why should this be any different than any other DC/Mattel movie line of the past 5 years-theres still stock from the previous movies at every single discount chain-- -

Only thing that surprises me is that the movie masters are actually selling (since I only think the Batmans sold previously because of the Batsignal)-- as of last week Meijers by me still had several catwomen...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:31 am 

Totally serious. I'm not surprised the mountains of plastic crap destined for a landfill is rotting on shelves as we speak, but I am surprised that these movie masters are next to impossible to find currently.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:33 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Faora is the only one I'm having trouble finding currently. Of course, I only wanted two of them.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:49 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I can't believe I am saying this, but I'd love to see a Movie Masters Superman repaint from the "dream sequence". (I'm usually not big on repaints.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:42 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hey everyone I'm new here, actually never have participated in any online forum before. Be kind...
I'm a huge Man of Steel MM fan so that's what prompted me to join in. I live in the Nashville, TN area and have some store reports for anyone interested.
First off, our Wal-Marts have NOTHING in the way of MM figs. Everything else but those. Bet then suddenly, the Charlotte Pike store put out no less that 22 Zod in Shackles figs and NOTHING ELSE. I know how unlikely this seems but trust me, it's true. I'm headed out there today to see if that's changed any. Weird weird weird.
All area Targets have 5 Supes Wave 1 out. A couple of weeks ago I managed to persuade a guy to look in the back, and to my amazement he did, and found 2 Jor El's. I had one on hold at TRU Bellvue so I took one and left the other for someone to find and enjoy. My What Would Superman Do "philosophy" is to always only take one figure of what I need. That way, I get to continue the hunt for one to keep MIP. The hunt, while frustrating, is what I really enjoy, so, everybody wins.
TRU's here were verrrry slow to put product out but now they all seem to have put out a tiny area near entrances. Mostly Wave 1 Supes and Jor El and Plain Zod. I have yet to see Faora or Armored Zod anywhere.
I got my Armored Zod on Amazon when it listed for $15,99. The price jumped so I only got one. I check prices daily and to my surprise the price went BACK to $15.99 so I got another. The price has since jumped again. Odd.
The Mattel site offers a ship date of 7/8 for all Wave 2 figs so I have preordered my Faora's there for $15.99. As a new user Igot 10% off so that was a nice bonus.
As far as local retail, I find the K Marts and more obscure, outskirts-of-town Wal Marts to be the best for actually having product to look through.
Does anyone know if there are to be any more waves released?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:20 am 

GREAT first post! I found Faora & armored Zod at a Walmart a few weeks back, but nothing since. I'm sure we'll find out more info about future waves at Comicon in a few short weeks.
Welcome aboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:42 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Welcome to the party Dex! Great first post!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:24 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

This morning WalMart.com had Zod in battle armor in stock for $15.99! Got to looking deeper and all the rest except wave 1 Supes were still out of stock. If you're looking for this Zod, better grab him quick. It's easily my favorite from this line.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:01 am 

And now pics are out there along with news that the Black costume
Version IS coming out this summer. He's got all-red eyes, which doesn't make much sense, but it is indeed coming. Wonder what else we'll see at comicon in a few short weeks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:07 pm 
serves the Otter

Captain Collector wrote:
Version IS coming out this summer. He's got all-red eyes, which doesn't make much sense, but it is indeed coming. Wonder what else we'll see at comicon in a few short weeks!

What pics? Where? A Link would be nice....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm 
MINT!

shabbyblue wrote:
Captain Collector wrote:

What pics? Where? A Link would be nice....

https://shop.mattel.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18339626&prodFindSrc=cart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:40 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm not a huge fan of the red eyes, but that didn't stop me from buying 2 in a mad frenzy. Thanks for posting that link! Now if they would just throw a black cape on the basic Wave 1 Zod, I'd be a happy man.
Seems odd to just introduce one random new figure...maybe there's more coming...?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next