Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:34 am 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:
The line overall was extremely easy to collect...

I understand what you were saying, but let's not get carried away!

GregNYC wrote:
How did this become a JLU debate? :shock: :D

All things are about JLU!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:15 am 
declined to be a vampire

GeekVarietyDotCom wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Or you'll get 200 unique figures over a 10 year span.

215(ish), not counting endless repaints, if you can find them.

My overall point wasn't about the number, but the availability and how much of a nightmare it was to find them. You can trot out the number all day, but when you have to jump through hoops and pay scalpers 100's of dollars for a figure there is a problem that a total number of figures made can't fix.

I mean what good is it to have 215 (plus repaints ad nauseum) if you can't find the basic figures? The number is almost meaningless when you look at the track record of issues associated with distribution of those figures.

How many of those were web exclusives that people didn't have access too? How many con exclusives that people didn't have access to? How many were so short packed most people have never seen anything but a picture of them and will never own them because they simply don't exist in enough numbers?

Again the number is meaningless when you take into account all the other problems associated with the line and trying to obtain many of the figures from it.

For a good portion of the DCUC I lived in the sticks, and I never had issues finding figures. My issues were QC on them when I'd get them.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:14 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

GeekVarietyDotCom wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Or you'll get 200 unique figures over a 10 year span.

215(ish), not counting endless repaints, if you can find them.

My overall point wasn't about the number, but the availability and how much of a nightmare it was to find them. You can trot out the number all day, but when you have to jump through hoops and pay scalpers 100's of dollars for a figure there is a problem that a total number of figures made can't fix.

I mean what good is it to have 215 (plus repaints ad nauseum) if you can't find the basic figures? The number is almost meaningless when you look at the track record of issues associated with distribution of those figures.

How many of those were web exclusives that people didn't have access too? How many con exclusives that people didn't have access to? How many were so short packed most people have never seen anything but a picture of them and will never own them because they simply don't exist in enough numbers?

Again the number is meaningless when you take into account all the other problems associated with the line and trying to obtain many of the figures from it.

My point exactly. Well made.
That's why I started helping others find those hard to get ones.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:13 pm 
Displays Backwards

j1h15233 wrote:
The line overall was extremely easy to collect..

I know you love the JLU line, but this statement is complete insane. It was a huge pain in the ass, as tons of people here will attest to.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:22 pm 
Aspires to be #1

There are 13 figures from the entire line that were legitimately hard to find and/or expensive. The 10 figures from the htf 6-packs, Volcana, Grundy and Hal Jordan. Every other figure could be found at retail, bought from MC.com or found on eBay for minimal markup. It was not that difficult.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:22 am 

j1h15233 wrote:
There are 13 figures from the entire line that were legitimately hard to find and/or expensive. The 10 figures from the htf 6-packs, Volcana, Grundy and Hal Jordan. Every other figure could be found at retail, bought from MC.com or found on eBay for minimal markup. It was not that difficult.

How cute,....so blissfully unaware of today's JLU prices, or where they were released.
Aquaman STAS (weast coast)
Firestom (east coast)
All the packs at only the SDCC, like Shayera Hol
MATTY

That's why i'm still looking for Static Shock.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:56 am 
Aspires to be #1

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

How cute,....so blissfully unaware of today's JLU prices, or where they were released.
Aquaman STAS (weast coast)
Firestom (east coast)
All the packs at only the SDCC, like Shayera Hol
MATTY

Aquaman - saw several at Target, they were going for 5 dollars on eBay a month ago.

Firestorm - several at retail. If you didn't find it, someone else did. Ask for help. Also all over eBay.

All packs from SDCC could be had on MC.com except Grundy and Shayera. Shayera can be bought online for 10-20 bucks.

Matty - if you didn't buy the packs when they were available for weeks then its your own fault. If you weren't collecting at the time, they can be found on eBay and now discount stores.

The line was only difficult if you made it that way. I came in just as late as some of you who are complaining and I had no trouble getting what I wanted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Yeah, the argument isn't that it's hard to find certain figures when you start collecting them late in the game. Of course that would be true. It also isn't about being the first to find things, of course that is hard too (you always see collectors getting anxious when something first hits, then in a month or two that item is everywhere and everybody calms down). It also isn't about how hard it is to find them if there are no Targets where you live, or if you only go to one Target every three months--of course it would be harder to find stuff if that is your story.

There was an AFI dude who hooked up a boatload of people with the Shayera SDCC 3-pack (can't remember who it was), and it wasn't crazy expensive on ebay back then either.

EDIT:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:

That's absurd for someone who was already collecting the line and very active on AFI. I don't even believe you. All of the JLU stuff could easily be had on Matty when it dropped, and then it could all be easily had at a huge discount in one of those sales.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:47 am 
Aspires to be #1

I think my original statement holds true. The overall line was not that hard to collect. There are different circumstances for everyone but if you made a reasonable effort and you were willing to accept help from others then you got almost any figure you wanted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:07 pm 

xrmc20 wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:

That's absurd for someone who was already collecting the line and very active on AFI. I don't even believe you. All of the JLU stuff could easily be had on Matty when it dropped, and then it could all be easily had at a huge discount in one of those sales.

j1h15233 wrote:
Matty - if you didn't buy the packs when they were available for weeks then its your own fault.

Not if you don't have paypal, or a credit card available.
I don't.
And my buyer fell threw on me, and cancelled the trade for my Volcana 2.0 after it was too late to get them any other way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:33 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

If you don't have a credit card in this day and age, that's on you, not Mattel.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:20 pm 

Shellhead wrote:
If you don't have a credit card in this day and age, that's on you, not Mattel.

Not one that I'll freely entrust to the internet, not in this day and age. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:33 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Yea you can't say it was hard to collect because you weren't willing to use your credit card online. There are ways around that anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:24 pm 

j1h15233 wrote:
Yea you can't say it was hard to collect because you weren't willing to use your credit card online. There are ways around that anyway.
I sure can.

Just like there's no JLU on your want list in your signature.
At least I snagged a couple of never released ones.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:40 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:

Honestly...I don't think the 6 packs were that hard to find. I think what happened was that a lot of people passed on them at first site, and then they became hard to find.

I remember multiple targets in my area has extra's. I picked up several for members here.

Like everyone, Volcana is that one big one that I never found, but then I kind of gave up on it. But those six packs were plenty available where I lived, and that was the middle of no where. I think people thought they'd be around like some others and they didn't end up being that way.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 37  Next