Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:41 am 
declined to be a vampire

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
There are 13 figures from the entire line that were legitimately hard to find and/or expensive. The 10 figures from the htf 6-packs, Volcana, Grundy and Hal Jordan. Every other figure could be found at retail, bought from MC.com or found on eBay for minimal markup. It was not that difficult.

How cute,....so blissfully unaware of today's JLU prices, or where they were released.
Aquaman STAS (weast coast)
Firestom (east coast)
All the packs at only the SDCC, like Shayera Hol
MATTY

That's why i'm still looking for Static Shock.

Funny. I live in Indiana, and I saw them.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:43 am 
declined to be a vampire

Shellhead wrote:
If you don't have a credit card in this day and age, that's on you, not Mattel.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

That would be like blaming Walmart because you couldn't buy an item from the store because you don't have a car or won't pay the bus fare.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:47 am 
declined to be a vampire

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
If you don't have a credit card in this day and age, that's on you, not Mattel.

Not one that I'll freely entrust to the internet, not in this day and age. :P

I find this statement a little funny. I've been purchasing online with paypal and my Discover card for 10+ years now. I purchase online a lot...you kind of have to when you live where I do.

I have yet to have one problem with my paypal or my credit card, as far as security goes. The only credit card problem I had was some waiter at a restaurant writing down my info and using it. Discover card found him, I wasn't charged a thing, and they issued me a new card number.

But online, no issues at all. 99% of that is using common sense. There are things that happen, but most of the time it's on the user of the card to take care of their information.

I would stay away from ever using a Debit card as a Debit card purchase online, but that's simply a personal preference from my time working for a banking/ATM company.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:57 am 
Collector Inspector

Quote:
Honestly...I don't think the 6 packs were that hard to find. I think what happened was that a lot of people passed on them at first site, and then they became hard to find.

Point of order, Bunger. I am/was a VERY experienced JLU hunter, and these did not show up in my area. There are a number of Targets in my area (10+) with another 8-10 in neighboring counties, and I searched them all. Those packs didn't show up.

I quickly realized there was a problem and eBayed them for a somewhat higher than retail price (which was my JLU policy and saved me a lot of grief), but they never showed up here. I found a second set on a trip to Nevada in a comic shop at retail price (which suggests they were more plentiful in other areas), but they never made it here.

eBay prices would suggest that they weren't made in the same numbers as other figures. If they were, the prices would arbitrage lower, but they haven't.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:05 am 
declined to be a vampire

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:
Honestly...I don't think the 6 packs were that hard to find. I think what happened was that a lot of people passed on them at first site, and then they became hard to find.

Point of order, Bunger. I am/was a VERY experienced JLU hunter, and these did not show up in my area. There are a number of Targets in my area (10+) with another 8-10 in neighboring counties, and I searched them all. Those packs didn't show up.

I quickly realized there was a problem and eBayed them for a somewhat higher than retail price (which was my JLU policy and saved me a lot of grief), but they never showed up here. I found a second set on a trip to Nevada in a comic shop at retail price (which suggests they were more plentiful in other areas), but they never made it here.

eBay prices would suggest that they weren't made in the same numbers as other figures. If they were, the prices would arbitrage lower, but they haven't.

I'm not saying they were made in the same numbers, I'm just saying I lived (at the time) in the sticks and they were plenty abundant for me...and that was in Indiana. Not exactly a hot bed for production shipment and delivery.

Even if you didn't find them...as Joel suggested...this was a very small % of the line, and most of the line was relatively easy to find. I quit buying them when they went from 4.99 to 8.99/9.99 basically over night, not because I couldn't find them.

But basically everything Joel has said to this point is right. There is a difference in "minor inconvenience" and "hard to find" when it comes to willingness to purchase a figure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:22 am 
Aspires to be #1

I do believe those 6 packs were hard to find. Personally, I was in college at the time and I searched Targets every day and only saw one of the villains and 2 of the heroes. I do think a lot of people may have seen them and passed on them or didn't bother looking for them because the 6 packs had a history of being clearanced at Christmas time. I know I stumbled on a heroes pack pretty late in the hunt (early November) and no one here would buy it from me. I ended up taking it back to Target.

EDIT - I almost forgot, about 6 months after we all realized how hard it was to get these, I found a third heroes pack at a comic book store for 35 bucks and bought it. Once again, no one took me up on the offer and I sold it on eBay for 100.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:28 am 
Loose, Missing Package

MOD- This has been off-topic long enough and this debate has been had over and over with both sides staunchly defending how easy/difficult the line was to collect. The JLU debate is over, now let's get discussion of the new Target Justice League figures back on track.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:27 am 
Knows his stuff

Man, those new TARGET Justice League figures (6-packs) are really hard to find anymore. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:59 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I am the same . . . But with Aquaman.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 am 
serves the Otter

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
If Static is so easy & cheap to get, anybody here got an extra for sale or trade?

I do. But I'll be selling to on Ebay to someone with a Paypal account. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:16 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

As of now, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman are exclusive to the 7 pack.
Lex is exclusive to Single packs.

No further announcements or leaks (I'm looking at you eBay) have been made so far but I'm hoping to find a continuation of the line announced/shown at SDCC in one of Matty's panels.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:17 pm 
Knows his stuff

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
As of now, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman are exclusive to the 7 pack.
Lex is exclusive to Single packs.

No further announcements or leaks (I'm looking at you eBay) have been made so far but I'm hoping to find a continuation of the line announced/shown at SDCC in one of Matty's panels.

And the Lex Luthors are starting to show up in force here in Richmond VA. For the longest time I couldn't find one at retail (bought one on ebay) but now he's sitting on the shelves in every target I go to....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:19 pm 
serves the Otter

Yes, Lex is pegwarming as much as every other figure in this line now. Saw some a couple weeks ago at 2 different Targets, and again yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:44 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

geoffdude wrote:
Man, those new TARGET Justice League figures (6-packs) are really hard to find anymore. :wink:

Really? I saw one today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:47 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

MOD EDIT - Please remember that trade /sale talk is only permitted on the swap meet forum. Thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next