Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crazy JLU deals at BBTS.....
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:28 am 
MINT!

I've noticed prices on JLU have gone down a bit, even on eBay. Just picked up a MIB Solomon Grundy for not too much. Its nice to be able to fill the big holes in my collection. Seeing all kinds of rare loose figs in abundance, like Star Sapphire, Aquaman, etc. I wonder why the powers that be haven't moved on a Volcana bootleg reissue yet. It's like money in the bank.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:28 pm 
Factory Worker

Does anyone know how to cancel on Atomic Empire/ScifiGenre? I don't want to wait till the end of the year for my Toyman 3 pack but I don't see the cancel thing anywhere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:35 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Pop Zeus wrote:
I've noticed prices on JLU have gone down a bit, even on eBay. Just picked up a MIB Solomon Grundy for not too much. Its nice to be able to fill the big holes in my collection. Seeing all kinds of rare loose figs in abundance, like Star Sapphire, Aquaman, etc. I wonder why the powers that be haven't moved on a Volcana bootleg reissue yet. It's like money in the bank.

Star Sapphire was released again as a single. She's not that rare.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:13 pm 
shirtless hugger

That atomic skull 6-pack has to be the second rarest next to Volcana - you always see those figures loose on eBay for 50 and up. I wish they would show up cheap from China.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:24 am 
5" Scale

Does anyone know the item number for the Fans Collection at Ross? I had been going to Tuesday Morning thinking I was looking for it(Not Justice Guilde) there thanks to my poor eyesight and reading off my phone :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:46 am 
Brand Manager

0010 REM "Item number for the Fans Collection at ROSS"
0020 GOTO PAGE 5
0030 FIND ROSS POSTS
0040 READ
0050 END

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

ROSS wont look it up for you sadly. They for whatever reason cant/wont do a sku search for anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:09 pm 
5" Scale

red Ricky wrote:
0020 GOTO PAGE 5
0030 FIND ROSS POSTS
0040 READ
0050 END

Is there a reason why you chose to answer my question the way you did? Wouldn't it have been easier just to post a link? Thanks geek, I'll still give it a shot. I know the stores I was in over the weekend pretty much gave me a blank stare.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:11 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

red Ricky wrote:
0020 GOTO PAGE 5
0030 FIND ROSS POSTS
0040 READ
0050 END

Or you can just be a nice guy and provide it. :roll:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:39 pm 
Brand Manager

The_Donster wrote:
red Ricky wrote:
0020 GOTO PAGE 5
0030 FIND ROSS POSTS
0040 READ
0050 END

Is there a reason why you chose to answer my question the way you did?

I just didn't feel like repeating myself. And getting those numbers the first time around actually involved work, time and travel. Plus, a conscious decision to help others. So I don't think it's too much to ask of those that would benefit, to do a little bit of clicking and reading.

The Superfly wrote:
red Ricky wrote:
0020 GOTO PAGE 5
0030 FIND ROSS POSTS
0040 READ
0050 END

Or you can just be a nice guy and provide it. :roll:

I know short attention spans run rampant in this day and age, but you guys are unbelievable.
Anyways, in case you were too busy preparing your snarky comment to notice whom you were pasting that number from... I was a nice guy. And I did provide it. FOUR WEEKS AGO!

But thanks for the support. Next time, I know better.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:36 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Just in case you were too busy being snarky, you would have read that The_Donster was trying to read this thread off his phone, which we all know can be a pain.

So instead of simply re-typing the twelve digits that you posted "FOUR WEEKS AGO!" in the act of being "a nice guy"...you decided to simply withhold the information and make him hunt for it.

Here's a tip - being "a nice guy" and making "a conscious decision to help others" doesn't involve making people jump through hoops. Was it really so difficult to type out those numbers? And instead type a patronizing response which likely took longer than just typing those digits? The collecting community is built on goodwill between collectors and sharing of information, often without thanks or acknowledgement. The simple act of helping a fellow collector should be enough, without having to publicly pat yourself on the back. Nice guys don't need that.

Next time, you should know better. Save all the "work, time and travel" and focus on being a little kinder to people.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:38 pm 
serves the Otter

The Superfly wrote:
The collecting community is built on goodwill between collectors and sharing of information, often without thanks or acknowledgement. .

You're right. I want to apologize to you for getting so mad in the other thread. We are all collector's here and should have each other's backs. My bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:46 pm 
5" Scale

Thanks The Superfly, appreciate the assist. Hate to add to the flames, all you had to do was hit the quote button on your original post Red Ricky. No need to retype anything. That was fantastic that you provided the UPC code over a month ago. clearly I missed it. Being a stay at home dad of a 4 year old my attention isn't always 100% on what's in front of me. I'm usually looking at the forum from my phone or quickly off the computer because of it. Hence me running around Tuesday Mornings thinking I was looking for the Fan Collection 7 pack and not the Justice Guild figures I had already bought months ago. Listen, we're all adults here and this is no way to treat your fellow members. If you can't treat people the way you want to be treated maybe this isn't the forum for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 am 
Brand Manager

The_Donster wrote:
Listen, we're all adults here and this is no way to treat your fellow members.

Here's the thing... you're scolding me not because you didn't get the help you wanted; but because you didn't get it the way you wanted it, how you wanted it. For you, it wasn't enough that I showed you the way. It had to be on your terms also. In other words, it's when you want it, how you want it, or the highway for me.

The_Donster wrote:
If you can't treat people the way you want to be treated maybe this isn't the forum for you.

See, I wouldn't have had a problem with clicking through a couple of pages and bookmarking the information I needed. And maybe it's 'cause my phone is old and stuff, but I would have found the reading to be far easier than the typing and complaining. I also would've known that help is free. That community or not, I am not entitled to it. So whenever I ask for help, I know that if it comes with strings attached... well, so be it. That is the price I pay to get a benefit I want. A benefit I wouldn't otherwise get, if not for someone else. Because in the end, community or not, people are under no obligation to help me. And I know that, so even if what's being offered is not what I initially wanted, requested or needed; I still know to be polite, thankful and appreciative. That is how I treat others. Even when I think they are wrong or not being helpful.

And as for the accusations of me being unkind and not nice to my fellow posters... more often than not, I bend over backwards to help collectors on this site. In this thread alone, I have posted the Ross codes, links to the Previews Pre-Order forms (with instructions on how to order from your Local Comicbook Shop), the Tuesday Morning Hotline and the Tuesday Morning DCPI. And even though I can barely remember the last time another poster went as above or as beyond the proverbial call of duty... apparently that wasn't enough. I had the gall to ask people to go back and look it up themselves. Because after spoon feeding, burping and babying the collector community with information, I wasn't nice enough to metaphorically digest it, poop it and wipe it out for them as soon as they asked, as often as they asked. You know... 'cause in this scenario I'm the selfish one and everybody else is nice... and this is a tight knit community built on goodwill and altruism. And no one ever has, or would ever take advantage of our generosity and open exchange of information.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:35 pm 
5" Scale

Listen, I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you Ricky. As far as I know you and I have never had an issue before this? So there is no excuse for your response and you got called on it. Plan and simple. Like I said in my previous post, treat people the way you want to be treated. I've said my peace. If you(or anyone else) wants to continue with this discussion please contact me via pm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next