Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: What if......Mattel and a JLU Subcription...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:14 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Guys, it's been 7 months of peace and quiet since JLU has been put to bed. Let's leave it alone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:53 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Krypton1976 wrote:
Guys, it's been 7 months of peace and quiet since JLU has been put to bed. Let's leave it alone.

I'm sorry we all made you come read this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:44 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

j1h15233 wrote:
Krypton1976 wrote:

I'm sorry we all made you come read this thread.

To be fair, I personally only clicked on this thread because I thought there was going to be new information offered and I'm betting that's why Krypton1976 did too. But no, it was just a wishful thinking bump that had nothing to do with anything that Mattel was currently saying or hinting. That it was a Mod that did it is truly sad. That was a total newbie move.

New rule: If you don't acknowledge the existence of the federal government, then you don't get to use its Constitution.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:15 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

oh, please.

You came to a thread that was over two years old, titled 'What If', and expected to find new information about a JLU Subscription? Do you really believe that kind of news would be buried here, and not announced anywhere else?

This is a discussion forum. I'm giving fans a fun idea to talk about. Nothing more.

There is no reason to be so sensitive. If this thread upsets you, then move on. There's plenty of other topics on this forum to participate in.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:59 am 

The Superfly wrote:
oh, please.

You came to a thread that was over two years old, titled 'What If', and expected to find new information about a JLU Subscription? Do you really believe that kind of news would be buried here, and not announced anywhere else?

This is a discussion forum. I'm giving fans a fun idea to talk about. Nothing more.

There is no reason to be so sensitive. If this thread upsets you, then move on. There's plenty of other topics on this forum to participate in.

I come to the Mattel forum first. I don't visit any other comic or toy related site so if there WAS gonna be any new JLU news I'd get it here first. My browser is set up to take me directly to AFI's forums. I don't usually read the homepage (all of the picture slow down my crappy browser).

This thread doesn't upset me. It annoys me and kind of disgusts me in a clinical "can you BELIEVE the internet?" way but that's it. I have a similar disdain for the internet on April Fool's Day. It's totally useless much like resurrecting this thread is.

New rule: If you don't acknowledge the existence of the federal government, then you don't get to use its Constitution.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:17 am 
Aspires to be #1

The title says What if...Mattel and a JLU subscription. If you couldn't tell that wasn't some new revelation on the continuation of JLU then that's your problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 am 
Cold-cast

You mean " What if " is not about actual facts that have or are really taking place? I'm so mad because for years I thought these stories really happened!!!!

Hahaha!

The Superfly wrote:
oh, please.

Well said! I think people seriously need to lighten up around here. If you plan to frequent the world wide web, some people need to get thicker skin. If this thread disgusts someone that much? I can only imagine, Geez! :roll:

Last edited by Clayface on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:06 am 
Aspires to be #1

Ha what a crazy issue. Why did they do that?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 am 
Cold-cast

j1h15233 wrote:
Ha what a crazy issue. Why did they do that?

I couldn't tell you? Because after I read that issue I was so annoyed & disgusted that I completely stopped reading Marvel comics altogether. Now finally after all this time I find out " What if " just means it never happened? I have a lot of catching up to do! LMAO!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:21 am 
ABS

I would totally support this, I love JLU. Id buy this sub in a minute. Why don't they release a box set of the original 7 for a start to gets kids familiar with it again

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:26 pm 

I apologize if I've offended anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:47 pm 
categorically opposed

GeekVarietyDotCom wrote:
15 dollars will be the shipping alone! The figures will probably be $20 knowing Mattels greedy asses and it would end up being a bunch Groddamned rehash repaints of freakin Superman and Batman!

This is a baseless statement, considering the two subs that Mattel has going are far from doing "rehash repaints of Superman and Batman."

But the issue is moot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:21 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

MoMoney wrote:
GeekVarietyDotCom wrote:
15 dollars will be the shipping alone! The figures will probably be $20 knowing Mattels greedy asses and it would end up being a bunch Groddamned rehash repaints of freakin Superman and Batman!

This is a baseless statement, considering the two subs that Mattel has going are far from doing "rehash repaints of Superman and Batman."

But the issue is moot.

How is it baseless!? This is the JLU we are talking about. 3 packs went from 9.99 at retail to what, $40 plus shipping on the website?! And you think that what I'm saying is baseless!? Have you not been paying attention?!

I'm not even willing to concede that what I'm saying is even slightly hyperbolic after the crap they've done in regards to the JLU, so to say this is baseless when considering the track record of the line is...I don't want to say stupid because I don't want to call you stupid because I'm not trying to insult you, but lets just say short sighted instead, or forgetful? Amnesia?

I mean come on, at one point the price of JLU figures was almost as much as DCU Classic large scale figures! How does one justify charging nearly the same amount of money for a figure thats 2 inches smaller and has no less than 14 fewer points of articulation!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:34 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Well for starters, JLU figures are much more awesome :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:25 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

j1h15233 wrote:
Well for starters, JLU figures are much more awesome :D

You may have a point there ;D lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next