Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: SDCC 2013: DCUC / Club IE thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:51 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

All the news and updates from SDCC 2013 for the DC Universe Classics line and Club Infinite Earths Subscription! Please keep all Comic-Con related news, images, and discussion in this thread. This thread will be updated as news and photos are released during the show...

Quote:
Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2013!
Friday July 19
11:00am–12:00pm PDT
Room 25ABC

It’s that time again! Join us for the toy panel to beat all toy panels – Mattypalooza! Celebrating our 5th year at SDCC, come get the inside scoop on your favorite collectables from Mattel: Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC Comics™ Signature Series, Watchmen™, Ghostbusters™ and more! Plus as a special bonus attendees will have the opportunity to vote on an upcoming MOTUC monthly figure: Huntara vs. Lord Masque – you decide who gets made! Be there for a major announcement as Mattel partners with one of the biggest names in pop culture to bring you exciting new collectables you will have to see to believe! The panel will also include an insightful Q & A with Mattel toy designers, Mattel Marketing Manager Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich and special guests The Four Horsemen. It’s the place to be for the world premiere of tons of new toys and collectibles! If you go to one Toy Panel at SDCC, make it Mattypalooza!

Quote:
Mattel and DC Comics – A Celebration for Collectors of All Ages!
Friday July 19
3:00pm–4:00pm PDT
Room 25ABC

For fans of all ages, from kids to seasoned collectors, you won’t want to miss the exciting news, reveals, giveaways, and even the trivia game that this panel has to offer! Ruben Martinez and Bill Benecke (Mattel toy designers), Jessica Sikca and Danielle McLachlan (Mattel marketing team), Julian Montoya (VP, Warner Bros. Consumer Products), Kevin Kiniry (VP, Creative Services DC Entertainment), a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) team, members of The Four Horsemen Toy Design Studios, and other special guests will celebrate the BATMAN™ Classic TV Series and MAN OF STEEL™ product lines, announce ALL NEW product lines, reveal upcoming products, and give you a few special sneak peeks from the DC Comics™ and Batman™ toy lines. There will be a Q&A, a trivia game that you won’t want to miss, and an exciting toy giveaway for everyone who attends! Join us for this celebration for collectors of all ages.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DCUC / Club IE thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:37 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Just saw Dan's teaser on the front page. Wonder what the two lines could be.... hmm...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:40 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Beware the Batman is probably one.

Maybe a return of a 3.75 line?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Ah hadn't thought about that - good call Shell. Be surprised if they didn't do some tie-in to Beware.

And 3.75? Maybe, but it just seems so odd that they'd try again after all this time...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:32 pm 
shirtless hugger

I just hope the Classics line survives in some way or another.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:25 pm 
Damage Control

texgnome1 wrote:
Ah hadn't thought about that - good call Shell. Be surprised if they didn't do some tie-in to Beware.

And 3.75? Maybe, but it just seems so odd that they'd try again after all this time...

Some collectors really want Mattel to go back to a 3.75" line similar to DC Infinite Heroes. There are plenty more DC characters that have yet to be made in this scale.

Back to the DCUC lines at retail. Do you think that the 2 new lines are just DC Comics Unlimited and Batman Unlimited rebranded?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:44 am 
declined to be a vampire

joeace wrote:
texgnome1 wrote:

Some collectors really want Mattel to go back to a 3.75" line similar to DC Infinite Heroes. There are plenty more DC characters that have yet to be made in this scale.

Back to the DCUC lines at retail. Do you think that the 2 new lines are just DC Comics Unlimited and Batman Unlimited rebranded?

My big problem with this is the Marvel figures now hitting 10 bucks for those 3.75 inch figures.
I just can't justify spending 10 bucks on something like that.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:58 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

As posted on the front page:

DC Universe Signature Series

Huntress in September.

Ocean Master in October.

Ra’s al Ghul in November.

Batzarro in December.

Hook Hand Aquaman in January.

Conner Kent Superboy in March.

ICE coming in 2014 also!

Doomsday is exclusive for Tier 1, Containment suit Doomsday is Tier 2

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:58 am 
Aspires to be #1

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
As posted on the front page:

DC Universe Signature Series

Huntress in September.

Ocean Master in October.

Ra’s al Ghul in November.

Batzarro in December.

Hook Hand Aquaman in January.

Conner Kent Superboy in March.

ICE coming in 2014 also!

Doomsday is exclusive for Tier 1, Containment suit Doomsday is Tier 2

Batzarro is a load of crap.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 am 

I'm shocked we're getting Ocean Master before Mera. :shock:

Putting Ice in the 2014 sub is a bit of a dick move, though.

However, they lead with their strongest enticement: Doomsday. Outside of Granny Goodness, I can't think of a better sub exclusive figure to get people to buy in.

I kinda like Batzarro from a visual perspective in the comics (probably was intended for the ill-fated Batman Unlimited line).

I bet Superboy will pretty much be the YJ version.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:49 am 
Brand Manager

Superboy may be the prototype one that's been hyped on other boards, comic look.

I have always wanted Batzarro BUT feel he could have done well at Retail same with Ras Al Ghul. On the other hand the second half of 2013 is a great year for me ! Finally a few more keepers ! Will be selling or trading ocean Master but should be a lot easier then my Uncle Sam and John Constantine ! Man got to say I am pleasantly surprised with Mattels offerings !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:56 am 

How dare you sell the Master of the Oceans! You better hope you live in a landlocked state!

There are better pics are Toy News International, and yes, its not the same buck as YJ. He looks pretty good and beefier than his cartoon counterpart.

Kinda surprised we didn't get Vixen, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:04 am 
shirtless hugger

The front page has the club exclusives reversed. Tier 1 is Doomsday in the containment suit, Tier 2 is 'Doomsday Unleashed'.

I didn't see anything here that lit a fire under me to order the sub for next year. And Batzarro is a waste of a slot when they could've put Ice in there to make sure she gets out there. Stunned there's no Mera.

Any Flash- or Titans-related characters that show up I'll get day-of-sale, but otherwise I'm out.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 am 
serves the Otter

Ugh, Batzarro?? Really??

He should have been in the Batman Unlimited retail line instead of wasting a sub slot. I'm. happy about Doomsday but disappointed in not seeing Mera, Phantom Lady, or Vixen. Or more Flash rogues. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:44 am 
Resin

Okay, I look at the list that's been presented, and the only loser I see on it is Batzarro (they must really want to get a second use out of the Bizarro body). Heck of a way to wrap up 2013, if you ask me.

However, Ocean Master is definitely welcome, as is Ra's Al Ghul.

But I really, really hope that the 2014 Subscription goes ahead, because I certainly want ice to go with Fire, a Superboy in his T-shirt and Jeans would be most welcome over the original version when he was still acting like a little punk, and a 90's style Aquaman is well overdue.

I look forward to an explanation of these "Tiers" regarding the Doomsday figure. An "Unleashed" version I would welcome. One all bundled up in his "prison uniform" -- meh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next