Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SDCC 2013: Batman Classic TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:47 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

All the news and updates from SDCC 2013 for the Batman Classic TV line! Please keep all Comic-Con related news, images, and discussion in this thread. This thread will be updated as news and photos are released during the show...

Quote:
Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2013!
Friday July 19
11:00am–12:00pm PDT
Room 25ABC

It’s that time again! Join us for the toy panel to beat all toy panels – Mattypalooza! Celebrating our 5th year at SDCC, come get the inside scoop on your favorite collectables from Mattel: Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC Comics™ Signature Series, Watchmen™, Ghostbusters™ and more! Plus as a special bonus attendees will have the opportunity to vote on an upcoming MOTUC monthly figure: Huntara vs. Lord Masque – you decide who gets made! Be there for a major announcement as Mattel partners with one of the biggest names in pop culture to bring you exciting new collectables you will have to see to believe! The panel will also include an insightful Q & A with Mattel toy designers, Mattel Marketing Manager Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich and special guests The Four Horsemen. It’s the place to be for the world premiere of tons of new toys and collectibles! If you go to one Toy Panel at SDCC, make it Mattypalooza!

Quote:
Mattel and DC Comics – A Celebration for Collectors of All Ages!
Friday July 19
3:00pm–4:00pm PDT
Room 25ABC

For fans of all ages, from kids to seasoned collectors, you won’t want to miss the exciting news, reveals, giveaways, and even the trivia game that this panel has to offer! Ruben Martinez and Bill Benecke (Mattel toy designers), Jessica Sikca and Danielle McLachlan (Mattel marketing team), Julian Montoya (VP, Warner Bros. Consumer Products), Kevin Kiniry (VP, Creative Services DC Entertainment), a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) team, members of The Four Horsemen Toy Design Studios, and other special guests will celebrate the BATMAN™ Classic TV Series and MAN OF STEEL™ product lines, announce ALL NEW product lines, reveal upcoming products, and give you a few special sneak peeks from the DC Comics™ and Batman™ toy lines. There will be a Q&A, a trivia game that you won’t want to miss, and an exciting toy giveaway for everyone who attends! Join us for this celebration for collectors of all ages.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Batman Classic TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:16 pm 
serves the Otter

I really hope there's a 2nd wave teased or revealed at SDCC. This line will feel incomplete without at least getting Batgirl, plastic caped Batman/Robin, and plainclothes versions of Dick and Bruce. I can live without Gordon, Alfred, and the other civilian characters and secondary rogue villains, but those 5 are must haves in my opinion.

Assuming the Batmobile is a great seller this year, Mattel needs to consider offering Batgirl with her Batcycle as next year's big item.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:59 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Batgirl with bat cycle is ESSENTIAL to this line.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:07 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I guess they didn't say a word about this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:23 pm 
serves the Otter

j1h15233 wrote:
I guess they didn't say a word about this.

Which means we're probably not getting a 2nd wave of figures, unless sales of this year's product massively exceed expectations. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:51 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Which means no Batgirl which means I might cancel all my preorders.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:09 pm 
serves the Otter

j1h15233 wrote:
Which means no Batgirl which means I might cancel all my preorders.

Good plan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:51 pm 
Damage Control

Interesting. Either my post didn't take or I got deleted. I didn't think it was offensive. Guess I'll try again.

I'd like to know why Mattel keeps saying the '66 Batmobile is a TRU exclusive, when it's clearly on the Target web site. http://www.target.com/p/batman-classic-tv-series-batmobile-vehicle/-/A-14468967#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=classic+batman

Granted, that could be a mistake on Target's part, but it seems unlikely.

C.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:21 pm 
We're going streaking!

Casimir wrote:
Interesting. Either my post didn't take or I got deleted. I didn't think it was offensive. Guess I'll try again.

I'd like to know why Mattel keeps saying the '66 Batmobile is a TRU exclusive, when it's clearly on the Target web site. http://www.target.com/p/batman-classic-tv-series-batmobile-vehicle/-/A-14468967#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=classic+batman

Granted, that could be a mistake on Target's part, but it seems unlikely.

C.

The thing that has me nervous about skipping this at TRU.com (and seeing it sell-out on their website) and waiting on Target are the listed dimensions on the Target listing. They make no sense, especially at that price, but they are not the same as the TRU listing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:00 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I hope they make more of this series. This is a decades long dream come true for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:52 pm 
serves the Otter

PJ wrote:
I hope they make more of this series. This is a decades long dream come true for me.

Well the majority of the line hasn't even hit retail yet, so I suppose there's still hope of a 2nd wave in Fall 2014. They are probably just waiting to see how sales of the first wave does. The quick sell-out of the Batmobile on toysrus.com seems promising (except for those who missed getting one). :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:06 pm 
MINT!

shabbyblue wrote:
PJ wrote:

Well the majority of the line hasn't even hit retail yet, so I suppose there's still hope of a 2nd wave in Fall 2014. They are probably just waiting to see how sales of the first wave does. The quick sell-out of the Batmobile on toysrus.com seems promising (except for those who missed getting one). :)

they should be back...there is a link to request an email notification when they're in stock.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:15 pm 
serves the Otter

True, and there's probably a certain number hitting distribution centers right now, getting ready to ship to stores around the country within the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:39 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Well early reviews of these figures are bad, and with no mention of Batgirl or anything, I cancelled all of my orders. I'd still like to get the Batmobile but I won't order it online.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:12 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

j1h15233 wrote:
Well early reviews of these figures are bad, and with no mention of Batgirl or anything, I cancelled all of my orders. I'd still like to get the Batmobile but I won't order it online.

Where have you seen reviews-- I haven't come across any?

-Although the pics posted on this board-- sculpts still look a little soft for my tastes