Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Movie Masters Epic Creations line?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:22 pm 
An Insider

Just checked Matty's site and saw a new press release about SDCC here. It mentions a new in booth experience related to something called Movie Masters Epic Creations. Here is what it has to say:

Quote:
Movie Masters® Epic Creations™– See how Mattel brings the magic of the movies to life in toy form with this first-ever in-booth museum! The Movie Masters™ Epic Creations™ line delivers playsets, vehicles, cosplay accessories and more from some of the most popular entertainment properties of all time. Developed hand-in-hand with film and television studios, every Epic Creations™ product brings to life the superior detail, accurate articulation, and premier features adult collectors expect.

Playsets, vehicles, and cosplay accessories? Sure doesn't sound like the current movie masters line. Could this be one of the "new" lines Toyguru mentioned?

Post subject: Re: Movie Masters Epic Creations line?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:35 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Good eyes...and a better question. I'll see what I can dig up...

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

hm. wonder if this is gonna be kind of like medicom's line, I forget what it's called, but so far it's had the amazing spiderman and tdkr batman. I mean, i'm sure there will be obvious proprietary issues, but could this be something that fleshes out existing movie masters lines or just absorbs movie masters entirely? like, maybe we'll see a gozer, a talia al ghul, a clark kent and a...um, some character from green lantern hanging on pegs alongside johnny depp as hunter s Thompson, malcom McDowell as Alex DeLarge and dustin Hoffman as captain hook?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:15 pm 
serves the Otter

I agree... this could be a unified Movie Masters line that covers all movie licenses they currently have the rights to, and would offer them a way of doing one-shot characters from different films without having to commit to a full wave of figures based on any particular movie. For example, a Christopher Reeve Superman, a Michael Keaton Batman, one or more random Ghostbuster characters, or maybe even a Marty McFly. :)

What really intrigues me is the prospect of vehicles and PLAYSETS!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 pm 

If Ecto-1, the Terror Dogs, Gozer and Janine make it out onto shelves after I just f***ing sold all my Ghostbusters Movie Masters figures, I'm gonna raise the dead up in this piece. Or dude, a firehouse? Ugh. That would be so sick. Although, if they're part of a umbrella line, would they have the same packaging as the old ones? Cause I'm an MOC guy, so it'd have to be pretty close to uniform. Nonetheless, they start making GB figures again and/or vehicles and playsets, and I'll probably start buyin em again and go back to ebay and get all the ones I just sold.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:05 am 
Cold-cast

First two revealed are props:

1.) 43 inch long 66 Batman Utility Belt with Batarang

2.) life sized GB Neutrino Wand with lights and sounds

Pretty sick!

Pics at:

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... t-reveals/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:14 am 
Cold-cast

Better pics of Utility Belt here:

http://www.dccollectors.com/2013/07/sdc ... iew-night/

Looks really great...Nicer than expected!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:29 am 
Brand Manager

Guess this is why they were asking us how much we would be willing to pay for a Batarang.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:38 am 
serves the Otter

Real curious about the item under the black sheet. I hope its a MM vehicle and not another prop replica. Maybe the Ecto-1?? I'm probably getting my hopes up too much for thst though. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:29 am 
Brand Manager

I think it's a Proton Pack. Don't know for sure, so take it with grain of salt; but it makes sense on account of all the other GB stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:01 pm 
serves the Otter

red Ricky wrote:
I think it's a Proton Pack. Don't know for sure, so take it with grain of salt; but it makes sense on account of all the other GB stuff.

Maybe, but why keep it hidden to unveil after their panel if they chose to already show the rod?? If it is the proton pack, then that makes 3 prop replicas shown for this new MM line. Where's the diversity of figures, playsets, and vehicles too?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:48 am 

shishalzafrazz wrote:
If Ecto-1, the Terror Dogs, Gozer and Janine make it out onto shelves after I just f***ing sold all my Ghostbusters Movie Masters figures, I'm gonna raise the dead up in this piece. Or dude, a firehouse? Ugh. That would be so sick. Although, if they're part of a umbrella line, would they have the same packaging as the old ones? Cause I'm an MOC guy, so it'd have to be pretty close to uniform. Nonetheless, they start making GB figures again and/or vehicles and playsets, and I'll probably start buyin em again and go back to ebay and get all the ones I just sold.

Nice, Mattel.

Removable Packs should have been the way the did it from day 1. I actually am not disappointed that I got rid of my old gbmm's if they're redoing all 4 of them with removable packs. although, it never mattered to me, I guess, because I never opened them. I will be opening all four of these and putting them in the car, though.

Sooooo...I wonder if Ecto-1 does well, could it lead to a rooftop diorama with the Traveler and the Terror Dogs? They said Epic Creations would include playsets, too, and I just cannot imagine being able to do a firehouse the way it should be done. most of the action took place in the basement. maybe they could just do pieces of environments that could be displayed separately? makes me long for the days of palisades' muppets playsets. you couldn't make it one full playset practically, not to mention it would be the size of a piece of furniture and cost a grand. then again, the rooftop diorama would HAVE to include the figures, which is what everyone would actually be buying them for, so maybe that doesn't even really count as a playset, anymore than stay puft did. maybe they could do the banquet room from the sedgewick? which is not to say that Ghostbusters is their target playset property, necessarily, but I feel like all the eggs are going in the ecto basket.

oh, snap, I wonder if this could portend a tumbler for the dkmm line?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:03 am 
Tis' but a pup

shishalzafrazz wrote:
shishalzafrazz wrote:

Nice, Mattel.

Removable Packs should have been the way the did it from day 1.

From what I understand,that's how the 4HM had originally sculpted/intended for them to be. The adjustable straps would have allowed you to put the pack on any type of figure. Mattel changed that from the early prototypes for safety & cost cutting...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:32 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I hope they make a Talia figure from The Dark Knight Rises. She's the one film villian they didn't do, besides Mr. Zsasz from Batman Begins.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 pm 
serves the Otter

r3849 wrote:
I hope they make a Talia figure from The Dark Knight Rises. She's the one film villian they didn't do, besides Mr. Zsasz from Batman Begins.

We also didn't get Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox figure either, and he was in all 3 films!