Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Unlimited / Batman Unlimited thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:10 pm 
declined to be a vampire

funtime3 wrote:
Man, so what the heck happened with this line? Blink and it's gone.

I'm a little ticked. The Unlimited stuff went on Clearance so I got excited and went to the one Target that actually has an Aquaman, Darkseid, etc and they're still $15.99! I come back this week, and they FINALLY go on Clearance and everything is gone. Just...argh. Seriously, Target, why can't you run an store wide Clearance?

Damiane Wayne gets cancelled. A Batzarro that looks like an Unlimited Line figure goes to DCIE. A Shazam that looks like an Unlimited line figure becomes a SDCC exclusive.

What a mess.

So what? Retail is just confused and wishy washy about what they want? They went to Mattel and asked for $9.99 line? or Mattel proposed it and retail falls all over it? They think Total Heroes will be more successful?

I'm a retail guy. I want to buy my stuff at retail. But they're loosing me!

What blows my mind: There isn't any reason why DCUC couldn't be 9.99. They are giving us a 6 inch line with accessories for a reported 9.99?

Scale back the articulation a bit and BAM...we keep DCUC at retail for 10 bucks. SIGN ME UP

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:50 pm 
Brand Manager

I need some clarification...

Was there any confirmation as to whether or not, the Batman Unlimited line was going to continue long enough for Mattel to at least offer those newly revealed 6" inch Arkham Origins Batman & Deathstroke figures? And if so, does that mean that the Batman Unlimited line will at least continue for one or two more waves?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:43 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

It looks like they're coming, they were definitely all in the case in display, minus Damien. I already got Vampire Batman, so I think they will continue to ship out in 2013.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:22 am 
Brand Manager

Mmmm... so in your estimation, do you think Target placed the current Batman Unlimited Figures on clearance in order to make room for the latter Vampire Bats/Arkham Origins waves? Or are we looking at another DCUC Wave 21/Red-Robin scenario?

As always, thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:37 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

... my guess,
DCUC wave 21 Red Robin model.

Which means you should start looking at Kmart for those figures in about 3 months and you'll have them.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:53 am 
Brand Manager

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Which means you should start looking at Kmart for those figures in about 3 months and you'll have them.

3 Months?!?!? Image I wish!!!!

I just came from an 8 Kmart run and the best I could do was help a couple of them clear the Nekron Wave, which they pulled from their stock room, just for me. (The other Kmarts were still stuck in Super-Friends/Rainbow Lantern limbo!)

Anyways... your opinion is greatly appreciated, so don't mind me. I'm just bracing for the possibility that it's probably going to be easier to get DC Collectibles to switch back to a 6.5 inch scale, than it will be to find the remaining Mattel figures out in the wild.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:01 am 
Collector Inspector

The toy store at The Mall had a ton of the Vampire Batman and Beware The Batman yesterday. I have a feeling Comic shops and online are going to be the only way to get these "retail" figures.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:56 am 
Variant Head

funtime3 wrote:
The toy store at The Mall had a ton of the Vampire Batman and Beware The Batman yesterday. I have a feeling Comic shops and online are going to be the only way to get these "retail" figures.

Eh the Young Justice 6 inch final wave was super rare...... for a couple months

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:28 pm 
Collector Inspector

Every single thing I say on this site needs to be in contention always and forever? Yes, I think it's wonderful that the Kid Flash and Batman that was meant for retail is now available on Amazon at reasonable prices. It's wonderful that the DC All Stars/21 showed up at Kmart a year after they were supposed to be at retail when retail supposedly wanted them. It's all wonderful. Mattel is wonderful.