Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DCUC / Club IE thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:21 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Having finally seen the pictures-- I actually want the containment suit Doomsday more than the regular one..

Still don't think that's enough to get me to sign up blind for the rest of the year--

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:32 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I'm in! Ocean master and ras al ghul are my faves

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:00 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Have wanted Ra's al Ghul for years, but that thing looks horrid. The re-use of that poorly proportioned suit-body is a real disappointment, the cape doesn't seem to fir properly, the face looks too simian and the hair is far too black. The scimitar is oddly shaped, with an over-sized handle.

For me, it is a failure comparable with the DCSH Two Face, or the suit-body Riddler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:13 am 
ABS

I want Tier 1 Doomsday over Tier 2. I could've sworn Toy Guru said we were going to get uniques characters for the subscription before reiterations of characters already done. Don't know how Hook Hand Aquaman & Superboy gets in the sub by that premise.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:56 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Fan Demand put them there.

Hook Hand Aquaman has been a very vocal demand since early in the inception of DCUC.
As has Conner Superboy.

While they aren't necessarily "new, unique" characters, they are figures that are very much in demand by the majority of collectors on toy site forums.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Miss Martian isn't one of the next figures in line.

Am I the only one bothered by the "standing in the breeze" hair sculpt on Aquaman?...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:36 am 
Brand Manager

Jim_Abell wrote:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Miss Martian isn't one of the next figures in line.

Am I the only one bothered by the "standing in the breeze" hair sculpt on Aquaman?...

Not as bothered as I am about Ocean Master not getting his costume in traditional colors.
(And a little bit surprised that Shellhead isn't on this like white on rice!)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:52 am 
An Insider

I guess they went with a newer costume.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:20 am 
Brand Manager

joeace wrote:
I guess they went with a newer costume.

To each their own. For me the old costume seemed "more classic", vibrant and easier to do. The new one... well, it's kinda relative. And possibly in a state of flux between blue & gray colors (as well as assorted capes.) Either way, the Batman styled scalops that Mattel gave the figure, look all kinds of wrong for him.
(Edit-- Just saw the packaged figure with the added webbing to the scalops, so overall, it's not as bad as I first thought.)

Anyways, it's no big deal. But for me, classic-classic, would've been better. Specially, if you're looking for your Secret Society of Super-Villains to color match. :P

Last edited by red Ricky on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:31 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Here's my take:

A) I kinda doubted we'd ever get him
B) OM's sculpt is made or broken by how well the head is done and 4H knocked it out of the park
C) He's had those colors since PAD's run in the 90's, so he goes well withh HH Aquaman
D) Any villain is welcome at this point
And finally, Mattel's beat me down so many times in the past 5 years that getting pretty close is good enough for me nowadays.
:lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:39 am 
3 3/4"

The only figure announcement that pissed me off was Batzarro.If you want a simple kit bash figure that people would go ape poopie over. Lex Luthor in his suit and tie. Take any of the suited body and add a lex head.If you want to be cool add a GL right hand for a kryptonite ring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:01 am 
Resin

You know, I'll be honest here, the more I think about Batzarro, the more names I can come up with of characters I'd rather see in the Signature Series. Try a few of these on for size...

GEO-FORCE - He was even once part of a Fan Poll. I know the guy's not as prominent as he used to be, but i always liked him.

ZAURIEL - Hey, it'd get another use out of those Hawkman wings, and he was a member in good standing of the Justice League.

INDIGO-1 - Look, we've got Saint Walker, Larfleeze, Star Sapphire, Sinestro, Atrocitus, and plenty of Green Lanterns. I realize we got an Indigo Lantern Atom, but we really should have the Indigo Tribe's leader.

VIXEN - For cryin' out loud, she was among the characters illustrated on DC Universe Classics packaging for a while!

WEATHER WIZARD - Wouldn't really be a tough one to do, and certainly a prominent member of the Rogues.

LEGIONNARIES - Ye gods, where to begin? Element Lad, Sun Boy, Shrinking Violet, there's at least a dozen or more they could do here.

I mean, hopefully, some of these will happen anyway, but still, I think of these names, and instead -- Batzarro. Sheesh...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:46 am 
Resin

Just to add a thought about this 6" TOTAL HEROES line that Mattel is planning. It's that "14 points of articulation" that really bothers me. That's a significant scale-back in the 6" scale. I hope the Signature Series through MattyCollector gets renewed. I'm getting sick of this sort of thing happening. Scale back the articulation to make the figure cheaper. Hasbro pretty well ruined a lot of their Marvel and Star Wars product with this. I guess the DCUC format is otherwise dead. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I guess this is a "to each his own" argument, but I think 14 POA is still kinda a lot.

I truly don't see the need for high levels of articulation on my figures. 5 POA was good enough for me when I was a child and its truly still good enough for me know.

If they want to add elbows and knees, and a waist joint for a whopping 10 POA I'd think I hit the jackpot.

Really, is there a need for more than that?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:24 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

In the legs, maybe not, but I really want the expressiveness wrist and bicep swivels allow when displaying.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next