Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Don't worry about the pic, Bill, we've known he was coming. I think you're the first person to find him in the wild, though.

It does bring to question, does the non-shackles version have the scar on his face? Been so long since I've seen that one in the stores I don't remember (really hoping he does so I don't have to buy both...).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:59 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
Saw something weird at TRU today: a Zod I haven't seen before.

Zod in shackles. He's in the non-armored suit with plastic chains around his neck and arms, with a scar down the side of his head. Nobody new was listed on the back of the card. Anybody else seen this?

I have a pic on my phone but I don't know how to get it onto here. MODS?

Saw it in TRU today-and there were about 10 of them- just added to my disappointment-as that was the only new thing I saw in all the aisle-- - (as I was there looking for SW Black and new MU (and saw the Cap and Iron fist remnants)

It was at the one on Dixie Highway for you locals..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:57 pm 
Ferret Farmer

I've lucked out with these. Basically finding the ones I want without much effort. Latest one was Jor-El, searching for Clark with the key. If they tossed in a Lois figure that would be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:24 pm 
shirtless hugger

I found a Faora and picked her up. I think I'm done with these.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:07 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

tanglevine wrote:
I found a Faora and picked her up. I think I'm done with these.

Mattel is done with them as well, I think. Four characters do not a Man Of Steel collection make. Where are all of the rest of Zod's followers? Lois? Krypto-bots? True, there isn't much beyond that to make. I mean, I'd like to see Perry White and Clark's parents, but Mattel would never make 'em.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:58 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Could've sworn there were early listing for Col. Hardy... guess he got replaced by the black suit Superman...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:14 pm 
serves the Otter

Jim_Abell wrote:
Could've sworn there were early listing for Col. Hardy... guess he got replaced by the black suit Superman...

That would be an odd inclusion in the line. I'd prefer an Amy Adams Lois figure. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:16 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

The only glaring omission in my opinion is Namek. That was a heck of a throw down. I think he had more screen time than Jor-el.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 pm 
Displays Backwards

The SDCC 2-pack is listed on Matty for $25. It's supposed to be $50, right? It goes on sale tomorrow for subscribers, everybody else on the 5th.

I would think about buying it for $25, but it's an easy pass for 50.

I found Zod with shackles today, all I need is Black Superman and Superman with key. It feels weird I haven't bought a Superman figure yet for this line, but Mattel is the one who decided to sell the same figure, only with an accessory the second time. It seems like a lame scheme to get people to buy the same figure twice - but I don't want to play that game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:17 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

BCYa wrote:
The SDCC 2-pack is listed on Matty for $25. It's supposed to be $50, right? It goes on sale tomorrow for subscribers, everybody else on the 5th.

I would think about buying it for $25, but it's an easy pass for 50.

I found Zod with shackles today, all I need is Black Superman and Superman with key. It feels weird I haven't bought a Superman figure yet for this line, but Mattel is the one who decided to sell the same figure, only with an accessory the second time. It seems like a lame scheme to get people to buy the same figure twice - but I don't want to play that game.

1) Don't tip Mattel off that the pricing may be a tad on the inexpensive side. They might take notice :wink:

2) Mattel? Placing cool, wanted and desirable accessories with a repacked figure? Just Lousy and Unbelievable :)

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
This sucks I wanted to get the Black-Suit Superman and another Armored Zod and Shackled Zod but all my Walmarts and Targets stopped carrying these. WTHeck?!? they still have stupid Iron Man junk and even Gi-Joe crap from last year, but Superman goes out in 4 months?... ughhh, Amazon here I come... :roll:

D.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:26 am 
Brand Manager

Shellhead wrote:
The only glaring omission in my opinion is Namek. That was a heck of a throw down. I think he had more screen time than Jor-el.

Agree. Namek would have been an awesome figure, and a better SDCC exclusive by the way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:51 am 

Black suit/Red eyes Superman has hit retail. I saw one at a TRU on Saturday. He almost looked cool enough for me to pick up.

Kinda funny that I haven't picked up a single Superman yet, but I have both Zod and Faora. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:00 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
No wave Two anywhere except Amazon.com (bleghh)
Though... I did discover that the manager at the Target where I used to work is still a grumpy lying.... Dragon lady, the same lady that I hated working for back when I was working there.... Sorry, I needed to say that, lol... but I said it because Target just put some of their MOS stuff back out... I went to check in the system if they had more in the stockroom (it said yes) but she gave me the same crap she did when I worked there. Plus she gave me the whole lazy "it's a collector's item" speech. I have met only two Target employees in all of the 30+ Targets I have ever been to and the one I worked at that have given me that crap line. I know it was somewhat enforced in 04-06 but then Target decided they like money and just chucked the policy essentially. So yeah Target has two Faoras on the shelf but nothing else, and Walmart has stopped carrying them altogether where I am at. Blast!!! :? ;)

D.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 am 

Found a black suit Superman at Walmart and picked him up.

So I ended up with three figures from this line (in addition to Faora and Armored Zod).

Kinda sad to think this will probably be my final 4H DCUC type figure I pick up at retail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next