Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: MOTU at Big Lots
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

BIG LOTS here in Richmond VA had all the ones previously mentioned accept the Molar/Skeletor 2pk.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 pm 
PVC

If anyone finds a Moss Man and/or Skeletor Mo Larr pack can you PLEASE snag it for me? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:54 pm 
5" Scale

Went to a couple today and came up dry. Might try and hit a couple more tomorrow before I take my son to Gymboree.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:22 pm 
Mint on Card

Checked one today on the way home and no luck.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:06 pm 
Collector Inspector

Went to my Biglots today.

They had Orko with Prince Adam, Molarr and Skeletor, Cheif Carnivus, Sy-Clone, Faceless One.
I believe I also saw MossMan and Adora. They might have had a few more characters.

Nearly got Orko, but buying these would have been REALLY spurious purchases with no bearing on my collection and what I get over all.
Cause if I had got Orko, I would have also got Molarr and Skeletor to simply have all the main characters. Maybe if I come into some money sometime and they still have them.
Now if I had found Tytus or Vykron it would have been all over and bought!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:58 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Just got the weekly e-mail from Big Lots and MOTUC and Ghostbusters are prominently featured in the middle of the ad. They have a link on the website that lets you see which stores in your area got the "deals" in and for the Louisville, KY only two stores don't show up - Bardstown Rd (Fern Creek) and Dixie Hwy...

http://www.biglots.com/p/c/new-arrivals ... -figurines

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:35 am 
Cold-cast

Thanx for that info. Unfortunately the site is not specific enough. It shows a few stores in my area that " received the deal " But it doesn't tell me what stock they actually have. For example I was at the one store close to me the other day & saw those Ghostbuster figures. Which I posted about. There were no MOTU at all. That store is marked " received the deal " Now is it because they received something from that particular buy out & that something being the Ghostbusters? Or does it mean that they received some of each item & they may not have put out the MOTU stuff yet? If that was the case, I would need to go up there everyday to check. If all they got/are getting is the Ghostbusters, there is no need to waste my time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 am 
5" Scale

Hit your link Jim and it said it was no longer available :? I'll keep looking in my area. No one has mentioned it in our local sightings thread over at Fwoosh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:03 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Clarksville,IN Big Lots only had 2 sets of the Igon/Ray 12" sets for 30.00 no MOTUC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 pm 
Ferret Farmer

I've begun to collect MOTUC after signing up for a Greyskull Castle. With Big Lots getting some of these in it's really helped, only found a handful. Hoping that they continue to receive them, I'd like to have a bunch of them by the time the castle shows up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Parma Heights, OH Big Lots had Battleground Teela and Retro-Action Peter Venkman for ten bucks each. Passed on both.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:32 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Hit three stores today and only the first had any sign of them ever being there... 3 Ray/Egon 12" 2-packs and an army of 6" Vinz Clorthos.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:44 am 
Cold-cast

I hit 3 stores yesterday that supposedly had the buy out. All Ghostsbusters stuff with no MOTU to be found. The one cashier even knew what I was talking about when I mentioned the " we got the deal " on the website. Before I could even finishing asking, she said " we never got in any of the Heman stuff, just Ghostbusters " I was kind of shocked since half the time employees at a Toy store don't know what the hell you are talking about when asking about a line, let alone this closeout store that carries all kinds of items. Apparently I wasn't the only one who asked about these toys.

Mind you, I don't even care about the MOTU stuff. I just happen to be out & about & the stores weren't really out of my way. If I saw some figures, I was going to buy them to help out people here who needed them. I know what's it's like to be a collector in need of certain figures that are expensive on the aftermarket. I was a JLU collector that refused to pay $50 to $70 for the one hole that was in my collection. By some stroke of luck the chinese ebay sellers just happened to get a hold of a ton of STAS Aquaman's & I finally got one for $6, free shipping. My point is if someone needed a say Teela & I picked one up, I would have helped you out & gave it to you for $10/tax & whatever it cost to ship it to you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:00 am 
ABS

I finally found two MOTUC figures today at Big Lots. The one I stopped at last week didn't have any, but a different one I stopped at today had one each Adora and Icarius. I grabbed Icarius. Not bad for $10.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:08 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

1 of the 2 Big Lots in Upstate NY got them in. They had Marzo, Faceless One, Icarus, Moss Man, Catra and Megator. One of each.