Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help Me Decide - 4H Ravens or DCIE Subscription
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:11 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Help me decide where to put my action figure money for 2014.

This Kickstarter campaign is fascinating, I have no idea about the backstory of these or what world they belong too, but they look awesome. I've been watching the website daily and it does everything I wish Matty would do. They show you what you will be getting, tell you when you will be getting it, how much money they need and keep track in real time. I really have no interest in them, yet I'm finding myself debating the pros and cons. By the time the Kickstarter is complete, it will have over 1,000 backers pledging around $200 each. It boggles my mind that these no name birds have that many supporters while the DC Universe sub is only 20%. It makes me wonder just how many subs are needed to reach Tier 1 because I assume there are at least double the number of DC fans than articulated bird fans.

I can go 13 Ravens (all of which I know and have seen pictures of, except the new add-on Flamingo) + a set of wings for $452 including shipping and all arriving by May.
or
I can go 13 DC Universe figures (4 or which I know and have seen pictures of) for $325 ($275 for sub + $50 estimated quarterly shipping) and should arrive quarterly.

On the one hand, I have a great collection of DCUC figures and it would be a shame to stop now regardless of what is coming.
On the other hand, it is fun and exciting to be in on the beginning of something new.

If you have any other points to consider, let me know. I'll be making my decision in 10 days.

Last edited by Schwondalia on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Help Me Decide - 4H Ravens or DCIE Subscription
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I don't collect DC figures in that scale, and I've bought all the previous FanEx figures, so my response is predictable.

How did you arrive at the $418 total? Seems you've underestimated a bit for what you've listed. Closest I can figure is $1 pledge, $400 12 pack add-on, $18 wing add-on = $419. But that doesn't give you a shirt. Did I miss something?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:21 pm 
ABS

DCUC. It's cheaper even with shipping rates and the figures are pretty cool :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:52 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I am doing both, but I'd really like the DCIE to make it.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:45 am 
Collector Inspector

I'm way more into the Ravens right now. I want to see how these come out. I backed a Black Raven battle pack and added on one extra figure (can't decide which yet) plus both set of wings. It's pretty pricey with all that extra stuff, But I'll enjoy these way more than a few more DC figures on the same vanilla bodies over and over again.

The DC subscription is still a good idea. I think people should back it. I'm all for it existing, it's just not for me. I have about 170 DCUC figures, I just don't think I need anymore, personally.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 am 
ABS

I've already bought into the DCIE sub this year, but I've been watching the Ravens too. I really want the sub to go through, but I'd buy into the Ravens if it didn't. Too bad the KS ends before the sub sign-up ends. I still can't decide which Ravens I would want. I've got a week to decide.