Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Superhero Adventures figures
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:55 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Yeah, both lines really need more female characters. When you have a little girl you realize how boy-centric or girl-centric certain toys are. I would think if they made a Firestar character it would fly off the shelves.

The Winx head might be a little bigger, but all the DC Imaginext characters are all a little taller than the Marvel Playskool ones. Unfortunately, since there aren't any female Marvel Playskool figures, I had to use a DC one to get the right body type, and Catwoman was the best choice since her body is very plain.

I got lucky with finding the Winx. I had intended to buy a small Little Mermaid figure, but next to the Disney figures were the Winx figures. I had never heard of them before, but I liked her hair better, and the blue eyes were perfect, too. Plus, I was worried someday when she grew up my daughter would realize that I cut off the head of Ariel.

If I had to do it over again I would have painted Silver Surfer white, at the time I had never painted anything before and I thought it was close enough. I'm still thinking of painting it glossy white like you said, but I'm worried that she might notice he changed and get upset, so maybe I'm better off leaving it alone.

Post subject: RE: This line needs more women
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:48 am 
PVC

Luckily SuperFred, these toys should grow with our kids for years to come. At some point your daughter will wonder why her Iceman is silver and you can fix it then.

I agree that this line, and Imaginext, needs more female characters. I don't think they would hurt sales at all. Given the two pack nature of these toys, pairing a super gal with a villain should be a sure sale. I could understand why the all powerful toy company wouldn't want peg warming super women but I don't see female inclusive two packs being any worse than the abundant Spider-men hanging around the toy aisles.

Many great geeky women started playing with action figures as little girls. This line needs more females!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 pm 
Resin

Figured I would post some new pics of product that we stocked while I was at work today. These are from the Iron Man Adventures and are exclusive to Toys R Us.

Post subject: New Figures!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:20 pm 
PVC

and...more Iron Man. I like the big pack of Iron Men. The racer and repainted garbage truck seem easier to pass on. Although I do like the Iron Man that comes with the dump truck. War Machine and Iron Patriot in the big pack seem cool. I suppose more Iron Men seem topical.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:36 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thanks for posting, I haven't seen this yet.

I'm glad they're making more Super Hero figues, and I know the Iron Man movies are popular, but it would be nice if they made some new characters, too. How about a Hawkeye & Black Widow 2-pack? Last I checked that Avengers movie did pretty well. Or more X-men characters? That would be awesome. Maybe some time soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:14 pm 
PVC

The line needs more villians. I have a handful of Avengers fighting my Spider villains and Doctor Doom. It still seems odd to have Doom without the Fantastic Four. I'd be happy with Iron Man villians.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:43 pm 
Resin

I will say that I think they missed the boat when it comes to the Hall of Armour set. I would have liked to have seen an actual hall that could have been used to store the figures especially given the price point of $29.99 for the set. The one saving grace to the set is that most of the figures are done with the articulation that the rest of the Playskool line has, with the exception of Detroit Steel. Even the Hulk Buster Iron Man has the ball jointed shoulders. The Detroit Steel figure is just the SHS version, repackaged.

Just a side note to BigIV...Iron Patriot is not in this set, I think you may be confusing the Detroit Steel figure for Iron Patriot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:51 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

You're right on the money with that, that would have been a great idea. Kids love sets (buildings) for the characters to play in and to keep them there when they're not playing with them (so would parents). Marvel has the one Spider-Man building but another would be welcome. I think their marketing dept is forgetting who their intended customer is for these products: it's little kids ages 3-6. To be honest, I'm not going to buy the Iron Man set because for the money it's just a whole lot of Iron Mans that all look similar. My kid knows Iron Man but not all those others, she will just be confused.

I thought the same thing about Dr. Doom--how could they not pair him with someone from the Fantastic Four? That would have been a great opportunity to see how well that sold, and if it was successful, they could launch more of the Fantastic Four characters. As it was, he was coupled with Iron Man, which already had been out on the market (albeit slightly different looking) so parents might have passed on that seeing half of what they were buying was a duplicate. Unless, like some of us, we just had to get Dr. Doom.

How long has it been since they're made a new character for this line anyway?

Post subject: Single Figure Packs!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:08 pm 
PVC

At my local NC TRU and I did not see the Iron Man hall. Although, I agree an actuall playset would have been cooler. Repacking inarticulate SHS is just cheating. Blue, red, white, that is probably Detroit that I'm confusing for Iron Patriot given the patriotic colors.

I did find single packed figures! The packaging is similiar to the bags used for the single pack robots from the Transformers line. Transparent middle, colorful packaging arranged in a cardboard bin. $3.25 isn't a bad price, although it is still cheaper to buy the 2 packs. The characters in the single figure packs are ones that I'm sure nearly everyone in this thread already has.
[*]Wolverine
[*]Iron Man
[*]Green Goblin w/ Glider
[*]Hulk
[*]Spiderman (Green Gobin paired Spidey from the 2 pack)
[*]Spiderman (smooth like the Dock Ock pack)

So, nobody new. It is a neat packing for anyone wanting to try customizing even if that isn't the intended audience. So far I suck at painting these people but I'm going to keep trying. I have a spare Iron Man mid paint job at the moment. I also have a runny ImagiNext Robin that isn't working as well. I picked up a single pack Wolverine so that I can try to make a Hawkeye--an idea I saw someone else do online.

This line needs new characters. New versions of Iron Man is cool enough--although I'm still passing on the new TRU Iron Men---but this line still needs more women and villains. Still, new TRU Iron Men packs and new single packs may mean the line isn't over yet.

I do want them to recycle the SHS Sentinel or any of the flat playsets. Since they repainted the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier for an Iron Man toy, and recycle the Spider building, surely they can give us the other playsets too. I personally didn't care for the less articulated SHS but it had some neat accessories.

Post subject: Can you guess who found a Playskool Sesame Stree on Sale?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 am 
PVC

I picked this up on sale for $9.50 at Wal-Mart yesterday. When I made it home I realized the two included figures had been stolen and were gone. Oh well, I didn't want it for plastic Muppets anyway. This should make a nice city block for my ever growing Playskool Heroes and ImagiNext collection. I still think is cooler than either of the Marvel Playskool Heroes playsets. If I were feeling crafty at the moment I'd start repainting and changing out the interior stickers to take down Bert & Ernies pictures but at the moment this is fun like it is. My daughter spent the evening moving Bane around it like a doll house. That made this worth it.

Post subject: Custom attempt
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:32 pm 
PVC

Since Marvel isn't putting out new characters at the moment I've been trying my hands at customs. Mumm-Ra!

Post subject: ImagiNext is owning this scale and articulation
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:06 am 
PVC

Gotta love the mad variety that ImagiNext is putting out: City Folk, Heroes, Castle, etc. Liscensed and original figures are all great on the ImagiNext part of the toy aisle.

Where are the new Marvel Adventure figures?
A local toy shop's FB page shows off some cool things they spotted at SDCC.
The Marvel shots look familiar with the exception of the Brown Wolverine---I still don't have the X-Force uniform Wolverine either. Oh well.

The Star Wars does show at least a little something new. So, this Has-Bro type of figure is not quite a Has-Been yet.

Thank you Rebel's Base.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 am 
Tis' but a pup

I've seen these at Target while looking for Imaginext. They also have one with Luke and Han in their storm trooper suits minus helmets with vader, Leia, and the droids if I remember correctly.

Last week i saw the spiderman, capt america, and wolverine motorcycles and characters that come with. The only one I really want is Wolverine. Actually looks like his motorcycle and can't remember if it was his brown suit or at least different color. I saw some new figures being put out as well today. Didn't get a great look at them bc I didn't want to get in employees way who was redoing everything. A lot looked like repaints but with a shinier paint than originals. Saw they have a hulk helicopter that was just like the Lizard one in the Kohls Spiderman Exclusive. Has different texture and a string with a grappling hook. Hulk figure was the same but had silver aviator type sunglasses painted on

Post subject: i do love motorcycles
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:00 am 
PVC

http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/en_US/s ... 3B9C:en_US
Shoot 'em
http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderman/ ... C06C:en_US
The Ben Reily Spider looks good.
http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderman/ ... E0A4:en_US
Wolvie looks good:
http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderman/ ... 9F91:en_US
But this playset looks like great fun
http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderman/ ... 2738:en_US

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:49 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

american idle wrote:
I've seen these at Target while looking for Imaginext. They also have one with Luke and Han in their storm trooper suits minus helmets with vader, Leia, and the droids if I remember correctly.

Not Leia-- Chewie-- still no girls in this line--

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next