Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: MOTUC thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:55 pm 
Cold-cast

Fone Bone wrote:
BeeDub wrote:
TG said that they currently have no plans to release Lookee

Then I have no plans to visit their crummy website.

Kowl's still a go though, right? I may have to eat crow about the above statement then.

Yeah Kowl is supposed to be in the last weapons pack I believe.

And happily, I have some crow eating to do myself. It's no secret that I've been a detractor of the castle. But I was impressed at how much the jaw bridge was adjusted. If that was the only problem for some people, they fixed it nicely. It also looks like they might have thinned the floors a bit for more clearance as well as worked on the absurdly small door to the dungeon. From the pics I've seen it is hard to tell, but it does look like those were addressed a bit.

I didn't think that anything would change on it, but there have been improvements. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:56 pm 
shirtless hugger

Quote:
Then I have no plans to visit their crummy website.

Ahhh, Fone. You and me both. But take heart - someone over at He-Man.org said the spoke with someone/heard something about LooKee likely being tooled and released later on.

...or was that Filmation Kowl? It might have been that.

Modulock looks good, and Glimmer - in spite of a generic face - looks nice. I really like the paints they chose for her. If they make another mess of her crotch though, I'm out. Shokoti, Adora and Octavia maxed out me out.

Very VERY glad to hear the Sub incentive item isn't a POP thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:27 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Recommend dropping by the .org and listening to the latest Roast Gooble Dinner. The show runs about an hour and a half. Lots of info about the sub and why they do things the way they do, agree with them or not the story is there. Also a nice plug for the Horsemen and the Raven project.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:26 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Does anyone have a list of remaining vintage MOTU and POP figures not made yet-- is it only 24 characters left or are there more than that remaining.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:58 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

This is what I got by going through the lists at the .org. I've bolded the ones that aren't variants of some-sort...

VINTAGE
Dragstor
Extendar
Flying Fists He-Man
Gwildor
Laser Light Skeletor
Laser Power He-Man
Multi-Bot
Ninjor
Rio Blast
Rotar
Saurod
Sssqueeze
Terror Claws Skeletor
Tung Lashor
Twistoid

POP
Angela
Double Trouble
Entrapta
Flutterina
Loo-Kee
Mermista
Peekablue
Perfuma
Scratchin' Sounds Catra
Shower Power Catra
Spinnerella
Sweet Bee

NEW ADVENTURES
Artilla
Battle Blade Skeletor
Battle Punch He-Man
Butthead
Disk of Doom Skeletor
Flogg
Hook 'em Flogg
Hoove
Kayo
Lizorr
Missile Armor Flipshot
Quakke
Sagitar
Skeletor (New Adventures)
Spin Fist Hydron
Spinwit
Staghorn
Thunder Punch He-Man (New Adventures)
Too-Tall Hoove
Tuskador
Vizar

Mutant Skeleton

I didn't bother to list all of the 2002 variants and re-paints as that's all that's left after the skeleton. Would say that Stridor, Night Stalker, Mantisaur, Clawdeen and Arrow are all contenders for over-size slots, the other beasts/creatures... I don't know... Would say that the likes of Evil Seed (amazed he wasn't part of the Filmation sub), Madame Razz, Imp, General Sundar (to re-use the Horde Trooper mold), Mara, Crita and Master Sebrian are all near the top for being made in the next two years, as well, maybe Skeletor's robot drones, too.

Part of me thinks that it would help Mattel in making the "finishing up" point to post a list like this but I also see the flip-side by showing a list like this then they run the chance of getting grief on the back-end for the ones that didn't make the cut for '14 or '15.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:18 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well that combined with the ones they have shown- is that we arent going to get this entire list in the next two years. But if they keep close to the list I think it might be okay... Still unsure if I will sign up though,-- too many possible NA losers that could show up..

Is there really that big a demand for NA He Man stuff- I know that was mocked when it was out originally-- did it get a nostalgic resurge?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:35 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I don't know that there's much demand, but the Horsemen have made some great figures out of turd designs here... They need to do Flogg at the very least since he's the only faction leader we still don't have.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:20 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I believe they have said they wouldn't do too many NA figures. Most of the figures will be core MOTU, POP and top Filmation characters.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:07 am 
shirtless hugger

I do hope they make an NA Skeletor, though. I'm pretty sure that's a must for most fans. He was a cool-looking figure.

With the She-Ra characters, there are more than just the vintage ones to get through. Hunga the Harpy, Scorpia, Razz, Broom, Cat in Cat Form...they are all as important as Sweet Bee and Mermista and Angella. Plus, there's Filmation Hordak to think about, and Imp and the already announced Huntara and LooKee. So you really have quite a long list of She-Ra characters:

Angela
Double Trouble
Entrapta
Flutterina
Loo-Kee
Mermista
Peekablue
Perfuma
Spinnerella
Sweet Bee
Kowl
Huntara
Hunga the Harpy
Scorpia
Razz & Broom
Filmation Hordak
Imp
Catra in Cat Form
General Sunder
Dylamug
Vultak

...wanna bet those all don't get made? For me, characters that played a bigger role in the show should get precedence. Someone like Spinerella is just useless to me. I get that she has fans, and she was a vintage figure, but she's basically like the Star Sisters. A total 'meh'. I'm even indifferent to Flutterina.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:52 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Jim_Abell wrote:
This is what I got by going through the lists at the .org. I've bolded the ones that aren't variants of some-sort...

Multi-Bot
Ninjor
Saurod
Sssqueeze
Tung Lashor

POP
Angela
Entrapta
Mermista

These are pretty much the most important on my list plus Scorpia and the Rockman Hoard member from 2002.

About 90% sure this will be my last year for MOTUC. Last year they got me with Ram-man and this year they got me with Two-Bad and Modulok. I just don't see being wowed by anything next year.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:24 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Suggest listening to the latest Roast Gooble Dinner, I'm listening now so I can't say how much good info is in there, but it's pretty good what I've gotten through so far.

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=3574

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:45 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well the stunt to make Two Bad a 2014 sub exclusive- may suck me in to paying for the sub this year-- I just hope there arent too many dogs announced.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:21 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

They had highly desired sub exclusive figures this past year too. At this point, it's not really a stunt. It's just the way things are.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:46 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/72496265[/vimeo]

EDIT: Hmmm... The Vimeo coding isn't working so here's the link... http://vimeo.com/72496265

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:45 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

stewbacca wrote:
Well the stunt to make Two Bad a 2014 sub exclusive- may suck me in to paying for the sub this year-- I just hope there arent too many dogs announced.

Here's the way I look at it. I'm not a super huge MOTU fan. I really got into it with the 200x revamp. That being said, I know I'm getting Modulok, Two-Bad, a couple decent female POP characters (and the 4H have been knocking the female facial sculpts out of the park), and another Snake-man. So that's half the sub right there. With luck, I'll get something cool like Evilseed or Scorpia or another cool looking character I know little about. So now I'm around 2/3's.

So say there's 3 or 4 underwhelming characters. I had a few of those this year, too, but I've been able to sell most of those off at cost to other members of AFI with little problem. So far, the only figure I've sold at a loss was New Adventures He-man to my FLCS, but that was a week after said FLCS sold me a Teela for $15, so I just didn't care! :mrgreen:

So, in short, Stew, I really doubt you'll be out much money when all is said and done because there is a market for most of these figures, even if you don't resort to Feebay.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next