Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:50 pm 
serves the Otter

I can't believe they'd refuse to do a Batgirl, given the apparent demand for her. It's gotta be a legal thing with Yvonne Craig refusing to release likeness rights (or asking for too much $$). Same reason Hasbro can't make the Tonnika Sisters in their Star Wars line. :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:41 am 
An Insider

shabbyblue wrote:
I can't believe they'd refuse to do a Batgirl, given the apparent demand for her. It's gotta be a legal thing with Yvonne Craig refusing to release likeness rights (or asking for too much $$). Same reason Hasbro can't make the Tonnika Sisters in their Star Wars line. :(

If it is her, it always has to be somebody to hold out. I want more heroes and villians for this line. Is she on twitter?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 am 
Brand Manager

It's sad that we couldn't get Batgirl too. I preordered all of the figures, and I really love them, but it looks like that's the last Mattel will see of my money. I collect movie and TV figures, but just in the 6 to 7 inch scale. I have 0 interest in 4 inch movie figures (or video game based figures). I've been buying Matty figures since they started to make DC figures, and now I'll just stop.

I love all my Movie Masters figures, and I must thank them for that, but it looks like my $ will be spent mostly with NECA and Hasbro Star Wars 6 inch figures now. I will really miss the 6 inch Movie Masters. :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:13 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Do I want Batgirl?... Yes. Is she that essential to the line?... I don't think so. There were 120 episodes made (plus the feature film) and Batgirl was only in the last 26 episodes (and a mini-episode that was never "officially" released). Yes, her appearances still out-number every single villain in the line (by my counts Joker had 18 appearances, Riddler 11, Penguin 20 and Catwoman 13, plus all four were in the movie) but she didn't have the kind of impact on the viewers that those four villains did.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:14 am 
Aspires to be #1

Dxtra30 wrote:
shabbyblue wrote:

If it is her, it always has to be somebody to hold out. I want more heroes and villians for this line. Is she on twitter?

She's made a statement before. Something along the lines of not coming to terms yet or something. Obviously they never did.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:15 am 
Aspires to be #1

Jim_Abell wrote:
Do I want Batgirl?... Yes. Is she that essential to the line?... I don't think so. There were 120 episodes made (plus the feature film) and Batgirl was only in the last 26 episodes (and a mini-episode that was never "officially" released). Yes, her appearances still out-number every single villain in the line (by my counts Joker had 18 appearances, Riddler 11, Penguin 20 and Catwoman 13, plus all four were in the movie) but she didn't have the kind of impact on the viewers that those four villains did.

Well I know one thing, if the opening credits didn't include her riding out on her bat cycle then I immediately became disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:24 am 
Loose, Missing Package

j1h15233 wrote:
Well I know one thing, if the opening credits didn't include her riding out on her bat cycle then I immediately became disappointed.

I understand where you're coming from, but there are almost 200 episodes without her (or any mention of Batgirl/Barbara Gordon). When there is a pop-culture reference the show it's always something from Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, Riddler or Catwoman. The only other references to the show I can think of are ones mimicking Gordon and O'Hara musing over who the caped crusaders really are. We'll have the six characters that are absolutely necessary to the line, if any of the main cast had to be left out I'm glad it was her and not, for example, Joker or Riddler.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:34 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I'm cool with having the line as-is, and I'm all in on it, but maybe if they can come to terms with her, she can be a mattycollector exclusive? At their comicon panel, Mattel seemed open to doing more figures.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Maybe if the line exceeds expectations they'll do her and her bike for Comic Con.

I'm interested in seeing how far Figures takes their 8" line considering they've already shown an Egghead sculpt. Where might that lead Mattel if both lines are wildly successful?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:36 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Jim_Abell wrote:
Maybe if the line exceeds expectations they'll do her and her bike for Comic Con.

I'm interested in seeing how far Figures takes their 8" line considering they've already shown an Egghead sculpt. Where might that lead Mattel if both lines are wildly successful?

See, now that would be a worthy Comic Con exclusive!! either that or a three pack of Batman, Robin and Alfred in a Batcave diorama package with sculpted capes on Batman and Robin.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:39 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

SDCC will be Bruce and Dick with the red phone in a library diorama box with Bat Pole photo backdrop.

That's my totally made up story and I'm sticking to it!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:50 am 
Loose, Missing Package

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
SDCC will be Bruce and Dick with the red phone in a library diorama box with Bat Pole photo backdrop.

That's my totally made up story and I'm sticking to it!

That wouldn't be bad, either. Not that far removed from the MM Bruce-to-Batman from last year...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:10 am 
Aspires to be #1

Well I saw Batman, Penguin, Riddler and the 2-pack today and passed them all up. The villains did look pretty great but Batman and Robin look terrible. No sign of a batmobile.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:10 am 
Knows his stuff

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
SDCC will be Bruce and Dick in the Library with the Bat Pole.

Here, I fixed that for you. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:53 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

:shock:

Hah!
lol

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 45  Next