Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 266  Next
 Post subject: Re: I thought the same thing
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:35 pm 
active in the community

Big IV wrote:
Larry wrote:
On a different not is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the Imaginext city burglar was just aching to be turned into a Ghost Rider?.......

....Or is it just me?

I thought the same thing. Looks like your turned out great.

I agree, nice work! Would he fit on the SHS Ghost Rider bike?

Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:25 pm 
Cold-cast

Larry wrote:
Wow! The thread is really blowing up this week. I haven't been able to get online for a few days and couldn't believe I had so much to read. It was great. We still have the Mr. Freeze jet/Batcoptor two pack here in Shelbyville. One of the perks of living in the Toy black hole I guess.

to_count, Thanks for the link to your new customs. Great work as always. I really liked the Wendigo. I would never have thought of using a wookie. What toy line is the pyramid next to Apocalypse from? My son thinks it's awesome! :lol:

Larry, thanks for the kind words......the pyramid is Playmobil, its really rare/hard to find. Someone here in Germany was trying to sell it for about 2 months and had no takers. They wanted a pretty penny for it but after no takers for 2 months, I got it for $40. My son was pretty happy to come home and it was sitting on the floor one day.

Rick......any thoughts on HOW to do my cape ? 8) ......telling you, you should start a PRE-ORDER on those capes !!

D's

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:55 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

rickwj324 wrote:
Deckard wrote:
So how do you guys do those double sided capes?

There is a fabric spray adhesive that's easy to use and is fairly permanent even when it gets wet. Great stuff.

Rick

Very cool, Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:17 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Have asked before but didn't get a reply, are Target in Canada same as target in US?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:13 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Well foudn the Target Black Manta sub today I don't have a Target locally, well I thought it was all there and that the missile launchers may be stored under the middle, well apparently they are not.

So I got the manager and of course it said they had 5 but it's an assortment and I had found this in the pool toy section.

So I tell them I really want to geth this but not for full price, so he asked me how much I would pay for it, I told him $6.99 so I got the sube just without the launchers.

Don't know why someone would take the launchers and not the missiles.

Saw the single packs but didn't know or couldn't find codes all I want is the Anubis by feel I found the trophy guy and the palace guard couldn't tel on the others.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:28 pm 
Knows his stuff

Jestermon wrote:
Well foudn the Target Black Manta sub today I don't have a Target locally, well I thought it was all there and that the missile launchers may be stored under the middle, well apparently they are not.

So I got the manager and of course it said they had 5 but it's an assortment and I had found this in the pool toy section.

So I tell them I really want to geth this but not for full price, so he asked me how much I would pay for it, I told him $6.99 so I got the sube just without the launchers.

Don't know why someone would take the launchers and not the missiles.

Saw the single packs but didn't know or couldn't find codes all I want is the Anubis by feel I found the trophy guy and the palace guard couldn't tel on the others.

Good price for the sub! :)
As for "how to identify the mystery packs" if you look on the back of the baggies, there is an "imprinted" number in the far upper left corner of the bag. It is NOT printed, but impacted into it. It can be hard to read unless you hold it into the right light.
Hope that helps! Rick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:42 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

My twin 5 year olds b-day was last week and they managed to swing the Robo-Batcave, Superman Set, Wonder Woman Jet, Javelin, Green Arrow, Supes/Lex, Bizarro, Superman Robot and Grodd. They also got the complete set of the single packs (thanks impacted numbers!).

They also started their Imaginext City collection...it took about 5 minutes for Two-Face to break into the Bank Vault and bust his Burglar crony out of jail.

Anyway, even they though the Alien from the single packs would make a great Manhunter...but were dissapointed by what they called his "broccoli head"

I'm about the cave and make up a nightwing for these little guys, and maybe that Ace figure (they love the Krypto show).

The Top 5 figures which would "complete" the Batman collection in my kids eyes are...
1. Nightwing
2. Batgirl
3. Ace
4. Scarecrow
5. Batman Beyond - Terry McGuiness

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:06 pm 

Nightwing and Batgirl definitely. My daughter is into all of the girls (due to Batman Lego) so Poison Ivy would be a hit around here along with the rest of the Teen Titans from the new GO! show too. My boy is all about Cyborg and Beast Boy because of it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:16 pm 
Cold-cast

Deckard wrote:
Nightwing and Batgirl definitely. My daughter is into all of the girls (due to Batman Lego) so Poison Ivy would be a hit around here along with the rest of the Teen Titans from the new GO! show too. My boy is all about Cyborg and Beast Boy because of it.

My son also requested Teen Titans a few months back (but it took me almost that long to complete them). I also created a Nightwing but he was for the Action League series....might have to make one for the ImagiNext style. Someone here (sorry, cant remember who made her but) created a Batgirl a few wks back.......she looked really good. Customizing figures to fill in missing characters is what I like to do (see picture below)........I normally don't put to much faith in the Toy companies to make figures/characters to complete or fill in TEAMS or series .....BUT......ImagiNext is truly putting out figures that I was NOT excepting them too !!!

I wanted to create Poison Ivy a few months ago but they came out with Harley........Ivy had to be coming out soon, right ? I'm HOPING that they will be release her soon, she would be a great addition to this collection/series !!!

D's

Last edited by to_count on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:18 pm 
Cold-cast

sorry......double post

D's

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:19 am 

Those really look great. What is a good paint to use that won't rub off when they play with it or if it gets wet?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:58 am 
Cold-cast

Im sure everyone uses something different but I use PRIMAcryl made by Schmincke. When this collection was my sons, I would make them and he would be able to play with them.....BUT never in the tub !!!

Not to many paints will last in water.....but you might find some if you really do some research.

.....and I'm glad you like them

D's

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:00 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The Marvel Playskool line has been pretty lame. The "Super Hero Squad" line is where I try to go to get my kid some marvel toys.

HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The Marvel Playskool line has been pretty lame. The "Super Hero Squad" line is where I try to go to get my kid some marvel toys.

HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 266  Next