Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths...does it survive for 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:26 pm 
Aspires to be #1

shabbyblue wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
I wonder if they'll bother updating the totals again today or just leave them where they are.

I suspect the 39% to 51% jump over the weekend was mostly due to BBTS or other e-tailers placing their orders rather than individual subscribers jumping on at the last minute. I think it's safe to say at this point that the sub is dead. It's not going to gain another 50% within the few remaining hours. :(

However, I'm somewhat amused that MOTUC hasn't hit its goal yet with only a few hours left. It's at 84% after the weekend jump, so can it really secure another 16% in these last hours? Sorry to those who are rooting for the He-Man sub to suceed, but I'm going to laugh if it ends up failing too. It has always been the flagship collector line that DCUC and JLU has taken a backseat to on Mattycollector.com, with some resentment from myself and others. So if it really does fail, Mattycollector.com is going to look pretty pathetic next year with no more collector lines to sell. :)

What will they do with that site if all the subs fail?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:29 pm 
serves the Otter

j1h15233 wrote:

That's what I'm wondering. And how will they continue to justify paying DigitalRiver for their services? :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:36 pm 
3 3/4"

The site will just become Heman.org v:2.0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 pm 
ABS

Mattel should just accept that theres a small but loud fan base for these figures. Take what they can get and sell these figures to us, go through with the subs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:54 pm 
An Insider

j1h15233 wrote:
zaxilla2 wrote:
I have a question: how much is your credit card initially charged when you purchase a sub? I'm thinking about getting the quarterly but when I go to checkout the total is $111. If that charge were to show up on my card right now my wife would have a cow.
I thought it would only be $35 for the sub but it's listing the sub fee, 3-4 figures, and shipping.

It'll just be 35. The other charges drop off until its time to actually pay for them.

Thanks man. I understand the whole thing about reserving the balance...kind of, but they should just list the initial charge...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:18 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Well the tally as of 9:20 central time

Motuc - 91%
Dcie - 58%
Ecto 1 - 37%

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:20 pm 
serves the Otter

Even if MOTUC ended at 91%, they'll probably push it through anyway. At this point, it's all they've got.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm 
5" Scale

Is it just me or does it seem ridiculous for Matty to be playing the line up so close to the vest? Having been a subscriber for the past two years I understand that whatever Doomsday released will be the deluxe figure for the sub only. That being said, why not just lay their cards on the table? Surely they've already have what they're going to make and approval from DC, despite what they are telling forums right now. Hopefully if the sub does go through and they do both Doomsday I can track them down. I at least have a hook up for the containment suit version. Unfortunately some unforeseen bill just landed in our lap and I'm not going to re-up this year. I was all ready to do my pitch to the mrs. and the mail arrived :|

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:33 pm 
An Insider

The_Donster wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem ridiculous for Matty to be playing the line up so close to the vest? Having been a subscriber for the past two years I understand that whatever Doomsday released will be the deluxe figure for the sub only. That being said, why not just lay their cards on the table? Surely they've already have what they're going to make and approval from DC, despite what they are telling forums right now. Hopefully if the sub does go through and they do both Doomsday I can track them down. I at least have a hook up for the containment suit version. Unfortunately some unforeseen bill just landed in our lap and I'm not going to re-up this year. I was all ready to do my pitch to the mrs. and the mail arrived :|

From the looks of the promo pic and that video, those Doomsday figures have already been made.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:42 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

It's no mystery- if we hit tier 2 (not likely), we get unleashed version. He's hit a lot if new tooling, and they need more committed $$$ to go ahead. If we cross tier 2, we get containment suit version. Both are sub exclusive. IF we cross tier 2, the Mattel will most like also release the containment suit version, likely as a SDCC exclusive figure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:47 pm 
serves the Otter

zaxilla2 wrote:
From the looks of the promo pic and that video, those Doomsday figures have already been made.

I'm of the opinion that "Unleashed Doomsday" was sculpted by the 4H at least 3 years ago if not longer and Mattel has been sitting on him forever, despite fan demand for the figure. He was on MANY rumor lists before DCUC ended -- some of which had other figures that DID get released in the final few DCUC waves, so you can't discount the rumored C&C Doomsday as just wishful thinking from fans. I'm betting Mattel originally held him back in anticipation of a possible Superman Classics sub-line to tie in with the release of the Man of Steel movie, similar to the Green Lantern Classics and Batman Unlimited lines... but obviously it didn't play out that way.

And now they've been dangling that big carrot in front of us in hopes we'd all buy into another year of their sub all the way up to Tier 2 to get him. Obviously the sub is going to fail, so is Mattel going to continue to sit on the figure, refusing to release it, even though they know they can sell him for a premium price by himself? :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:03 pm 
An Insider

j1h15233 wrote:

They will use the site to sell off the figures that have already been tooled. Maybe every quarter of the year they will offer the final figures?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:04 pm 
Tis' but a pup

j1h15233 wrote:

Motuc - 91%
Dcie - 58%
Ecto 1 - 37%

Thanks for the update. Do you/others have a link to where this is being updated? The meter on the subscription link for DCIE is still displaying 51%.

Want List: DCCIE/DCUC: 1.Liberty Belle (Jessie) 2.Ms. Martian 3.Talia Al Ghul 4.Wonder Girl (Cassie) 5.Commissioner Gordon 6.Scarecrow 7.Flash Rogues (Heat Wave, Trickster, Weather Wizard) 8.General Zod 9.Vandal Savage 10. Speedy and Aqualad(original)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:27 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Batzarro wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Motuc - 91%
Dcie - 58%
Ecto 1 - 37%

Thanks for the update. Do you/others have a link to where this is being updated? The meter on the subscription link for DCIE is still displaying 51%.

Matty posted it on Facebook and Twitter. And the nut jobs are ALL OVER that Facebook post. It was a great reminder why I quit and forgot about the mc.com forums.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 pm 
Brand Manager

DrGreenEvil wrote:
I think its the face, and I don't know how else to put this...
but Superboy looks more like guido than anything. Nothing like a young Superman.

As the old saying goes... don't call him Superboy! It's Conner "The Situation" Kent from now on!

j1h15233 wrote:

Try to sell us a $200 dollar Adam West utility belt?!?!?!?

shabbyblue wrote:
Even if MOTUC ended at 91%, they'll probably push it through anyway. At this point, it's all they've got.

The DC sub was like that last year. It ended just below the required minimum, but they still left it open well into the next day and 3 days later we were told it had passed.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24485&hilit=dc+universe+club+infinite+earths&start=135

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 47  Next