Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383 ... 387  Next
 Post subject: Re: The DC Universe Infinite Heroes Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:17 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Never gonna happen. To concerned with my post count, remember?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CCC.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:07 am 
Damage Control

Who else would like to see a 4" scale Total Heroes line to finally follow up DC Infinite Heroes with a small scale DC Universe?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:31 pm 

Need you ask? 8)

CCC.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:35 pm 
Collector Inspector

joeace wrote:
Who else would like to see a 4" scale Total Heroes line to finally follow up DC Infinite Heroes with a small scale DC Universe?

...I'm not sure. Not if they look corny like Total Heroes. I don't lean towards the angular, stylized "cartoon" look. I like more neutral comic book renditions like DCIH and Marvel universe and "realistic" movie looks. I love JLU...the show. But I really dislike the toys.

And a 4 inch Total Heroes would undoubtably be New52 Universe. Although, I love some of the designs and I want the DC New 52 to flourish at retail for a new generation of kids and fans, I don't really want them in my collection.

And it will be a line that will constantly be in danger of getting canceled any minute. We could see two waves before it will get the ax and we'll just have a strange, incomplete collection of random heroes and villains.

DCIH had waves flowing in with 3 packs and 6 packs and variants and we were able to build a large collection quickly. It really was a mission of DCIH to cover an infinite DC universe.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:01 pm 

Well, this was a strange one.
:mrgreen:

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:12 pm 

"HEY, WAITAMINIT, WHO DOES THAT JOKER THINK HE IS?"

CCC.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:55 pm 

LordMudd wrote:
"HEY, WAITAMINIT, WHO DOES THAT JOKER THINK HE IS?"

CCC.

Update: I finally sat down and did my 1/18 scale Batman Beyond Joker.
and I forgot about the Comic Action Heroes Joker, so there will be another update, but not until I find those figures again.

CCC.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:16 pm 

Just finished.

CCC.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:30 pm 
Displays Backwards

I still miss these guys. They are my favorite DC line that Mattel has made - and they've made a lot of lines!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:47 am 
Mint on Card

BCYa wrote:
I still miss these guys. They are my favorite DC line that Mattel has made - and they've made a lot of lines!

I agree. Still one of my all time favorite lines. There are so many characters they could do. I was going to start getting the injustice line from DC Collectibles but I'm not a fan of their designs. I have the Nightwing set (for obvious reasons) and the Deathstroke/GA set because the Deathstroke design is basically his new 52 design. I'm hoping the new mattel line will be cool. I know its based off of a game but I'll be happy to add Mr Freeze, Bane and Azrael in the 3-3/4 - 4 inch scale.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:02 pm 
Cold-cast

I miss these guys too. :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:37 am 

Here are some thoughts I just had and a question. Which characters would have been best to include in the old Batman tv series. The one that always jumped out in my mind that was missing was 2 Face, especially after he made it into a movie, but he has always been such a serious character, even in the animated shows. The comedic spin Tommy Lee Jones puts on the character makes one wonder what could have been done with the character in that format. Also missing that could have been done are Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Clayface. Ivy would have been an interesting departure. All of the villains were obsessed with stealing material items. Ivy was an eco-terrorist, a new concept for the show, but it would have done 2 things. One, it would have created someone besides Catwoman for Batgirl to fight, and 2- we would have gotten to see the 60's set designers create her signature giant venus flytrap, which Batman would have then killed with a can of Bat-weed killer from his utility belt, prompting her to cry out "My baby, my poor baby, what did you do to her?" just before Chief O'Hara leads her away. :D Then there is Harley. Her slapstick style is a perfect fit. I don't think she existed yet, but she would have been a perfect sidekick to add for Joker and someone else for Batgirl to fight, and between Yvonne Craig's dance background and Harley's signature gymnastics, that would have been fun to watch. This brings us to Clayface. I have always felt he couldn't be done on a 60's tv budget, but with the artistic license they often invoked to make characters work on that show, having him as a normal looking guy who can look like anyone, even Batman, just by changing his appearance at will could have been done.

All that being said, only 2 Face has received a figure in DCIH. True Ivy and Harley had prototypes, so they almost got done, but how big should Clayface be, and do any of the figures that have been done work with this scale or are they too big?

CCC.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:11 am 
Damage Control

LordMudd wrote:
Here are some thoughts I just had and a question. Which characters would have been best to include in the old Batman tv series. The one that always jumped out in my mind that was missing was 2 Face, especially after he made it into a movie, but he has always been such a serious character, even in the animated shows. The comedic spin Tommy Lee Jones puts on the character makes one wonder what could have been done with the character in that format. Also missing that could have been done are Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Clayface. Ivy would have been an interesting departure. All of the villains were obsessed with stealing material items. Ivy was an eco-terrorist, a new concept for the show, but it would have done 2 things. One, it would have created someone besides Catwoman for Batgirl to fight, and 2- we would have gotten to see the 60's set designers create her signature giant venus flytrap, which Batman would have then killed with a can of Bat-weed killer from his utility belt, prompting her to cry out "My baby, my poor baby, what did you do to her?" just before Chief O'Hara leads her away. :D Then there is Harley. Her slapstick style is a perfect fit. I don't think she existed yet, but she would have been a perfect sidekick to add for Joker and someone else for Batgirl to fight, and between Yvonne Craig's dance background and Harley's signature gymnastics, that would have been fun to watch. This brings us to Clayface. I have always felt he couldn't be done on a 60's tv budget, but with the artistic license they often invoked to make characters work on that show, having him as a normal looking guy who can look like anyone, even Batman, just by changing his appearance at will could have been done.

All that being said, only 2 Face has received a figure in DCIH. True Ivy and Harley had prototypes, so they almost got done, but how big should Clayface be, and do any of the figures that have been done work with this scale or are they too big?

CCC.

The Batman TV show had a character called False-Face which reminded me of the first Clayface. There is also the other versions of Clayface. I liked Clayface 3 in the Batman comics.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:44 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

LordMudd wrote:
Then there is Harley. Her slapstick style is a perfect fit. I don't think she existed yet, but she would have been a perfect sidekick to add for Joker and someone else for Batgirl to fight, and between Yvonne Craig's dance background and Harley's signature gymnastics, that would have been fun to watch. .

You might say she didnt exist yet (it was around 25 years before she did) Although might have been cool-- it would also mean we wouldnt have the Harley of today-- she was created specifically for Batman the Animated Series to be a cartoon character.. she was never in the comics and didnt exisit before that-- Without the Arleen Sorkin version- Im pretty sure we would have some other archtype in our minds about her- and she wouldnt be as goofy as she is today-- (because if she was goofy in the 60's)-- she would have been transformed into something else by the time the 90's rolled around..

Although I will admit the Mad Hatter change from the Batman TV show was a total upgrade...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:20 am 
Mint on Card

If I'm not remembering this correctly I swear I remember in some more recent comics (pre-new 52), they introduced a version of False Face in the comics.

With the figures they showed at Comic Con for the Evergreen Batman figures, a version of Clayface was shown for the 3-3/4 line. I'll be integrating him in my 3-3/4 Batman Rogues display unless they do a comic version in the future.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383 ... 387  Next