Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:01 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Pretty happy with Octavia (of course, I wish she had bendy tentacles). She was in my Top Ten.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:40 am 
ABS

Now we know who the mysterious SDCC "character vote" is between!

Matty wrote:
Plus as a special bonus attendees will have the opportunity to vote on an upcoming MOTUC monthly figure: Huntara vs. Lord Masque – you decide who gets made! .

Scott never clarified if the vote determines if one gets made and the other doesn't OR if the vote determines which of the two is made earlier. The sentence above makes it seem like one will make it into the line and the other won't. Of course, if Club Eternia doesn't get enough subscribers the whole discussion is moot.

You can read the full schedule of events for Matty at SDCC here:
http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... -products/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:46 pm 

Scored an amazing deal at my FLCS yesterday.

MOTUC Teela still in the package for . . . . $12. :mrgreen:

When I think about how much money I have almost spent on obtaining her in the past year . . .

Patience is a friggin' virtue! :twisted:

And don't worry, she'll be liberated from her plastic bondage soon enough!

Last edited by Shellhead on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:51 pm 
Cold-cast

Well done Shellhead.

BlackCanary wrote:
Now we know who the mysterious SDCC "character vote" is between!

Matty wrote:
Plus as a special bonus attendees will have the opportunity to vote on an upcoming MOTUC monthly figure: Huntara vs. Lord Masque – you decide who gets made! .

Scott never clarified if the vote determines if one gets made and the other doesn't OR if the vote determines which of the two is made earlier. The sentence above makes it seem like one will make it into the line and the other won't. Of course, if Club Eternia doesn't get enough subscribers the whole discussion is moot.

You can read the full schedule of events for Matty at SDCC here:
http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... -products/

It looks like the loser might get made in the hypothetical 2016 and beyond era. From Matty. http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/1631021038

Also am I the only one that sees a problem with this? http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/5371001038 "And to reittetate, when you buy a sub customers are well aware they are buying "blind". Subs are for the "all in" customer. If you are the type of customer that does not want certain figures, the sub program may not be for you. Only buy a sub if you are a big enough fan that you want all characters no matter what! If you want to cherry pick the sub is not the option for you'

Yeah it's no surprise that the subs are blind. But when anyone brings up no dos figures, he breaks out the should have bought a sub response. However by his own admission, the sub isn't for you if you don't want every figure. So essentially the brand manager is saying that if you don't want every figure ever, then they couldn't care less about your business. And this line is supposed to make money how?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

To quote one of my favorites, Twin Peaks: "It is happening... again"

MOTUC Showing Up At Big Lots
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=20741

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Id say Battle Lion-- :roll: pretty much guarantees a Clawdeen repaint at some point..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

stewbacca wrote:
Id say Battle Lion-- :roll: pretty much guarantees a Clawdeen repaint at some point..

And I'd love them to finally do a flocked Panthor. But possibly instead of the traditional flocking, maybe use the velvet like paint used on the DCUC blue wetsuited Balck Manta. That paint had a visual and tactile feel that was different to regular paint but that didn't effect the articulation.

But a flocked Panthor with a Filmation style Skeletor (bigger hood, non finned forearms and booted feet) would make a great 2 pack.

Plus Night Stalker and Stridor would also be welcome additions.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:35 pm 
PVC

elvis8batman wrote:
stewbacca wrote:

And I'd love them to finally do a flocked Panthor. But possibly instead of the traditional flocking, maybe use the velvet like paint used on the DCUC blue wetsuited Balck Manta. That paint had a visual and tactile feel that was different to regular paint but that didn't effect the articulation.

But a flocked Panthor with a Filmation style Skeletor (bigger hood, non finned forearms and booted feet) would make a great 2 pack.

Plus Night Stalker and Stridor would also be welcome additions.

All about the Filmation Skeletor, IMO is a better design that the figure version. Also I can't wait for NA Skeletor, love that version. I hope when they make him, he won't look goofy like in the cartoon, possibly more of how he looked in the live action commercial for the Power Sword.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:04 pm 

Scorpia and Blade. Solid, solid 2014 sub thus far.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

My Blade will be up for grabs...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:20 am 
PVC

Blade looks more like a DCUC figure than a MOTUC figure. The figure is very nice looking considering I hated the character in the movie and could care less about the vinatage toy, though I do admit, I don't get the fandom with some figures..Plundar, really?....ugh.

On a side note, why does MOTU get a pass but not Superman IV, I am reading all this love for the movie and this appreciation for its short-comings while the same people trash Superman IV which isn't a bad film.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:23 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Superpowers1980 wrote:
On a side note, why does MOTU get a pass but not Superman IV, I am reading all this love for the movie and this appreciation for its short-comings while the same people trash Superman IV which isn't a bad film.

Superman IV?... I'll sit through Catwoman a dozen times before I watch Superman IV again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am 
PVC

Jim_Abell wrote:
Superpowers1980 wrote:

Superman IV?... I'll sit through Catwoman a dozen times before I watch Superman IV again.

No way, Superman IV is not that bad, it suffered from poor budget and editting but the overall story was good. Think about the movie and basic story and imagine it in the hands of a good director with a proper budget...it would rock. MOTU would still be weak because the story is flawed, coming to earth is lame and how Skeletor was defeated wasn't even sensible.

Catwoman....ooohhh, I shutter the thought of Berry with that terrible wig on....ugh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:52 am 
Loose, Missing Package

See, I'll disagree with you there. Editing and budget I can overlook but the story?... Superman would never take it upon himself to rid the world of nuclear weapons that was biggest flaw in the story. And the whole thing with Nuclear Man, just bad... I would've preferred the story stick with the Bizarro clone that was edited out of the film. I've sat through the film three times, once on VHS and twice on DVD, the second time with the commentary track on to figure out where it went so wrong and even that didn't even attempt to explain the problems other than blaming the budget. You are entitled to your opinion but, man, I couldn't disagree more.

Now, back to the topic at hand...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 am 
3 3/4"

Jim_Abell wrote:
See, I'll disagree with you there. Editing and budget I can overlook but the story?... Superman would never take it upon himself to rid the world of nuclear weapons that was biggest flaw in the story. And the whole thing with Nuclear Man, just bad... I would've preferred the story stick with the Bizarro clone that was edited out of the film. I've sat through the film three times, once on VHS and twice on DVD, the second time with the commentary track on to figure out where it went so wrong and even that didn't even attempt to explain the problems other than blaming the budget. You are entitled to your opinion but, man, I couldn't disagree more.

Now, back to the topic at hand...

Agree, though the premise of Superman getting rid of nuclear arms is silly all by itself regardless of whether Superman would actually do it or not. It's like saying a superhero will cure poverty or solve the differences between ethnic or religious conflicts around the world, and so on. These are immensely complicated problems and it's naive to think some benevolent super-being will force agreement and compromise. For me that starts to get into Watchmen territory and you start to examine whether such a super-being is a good thing and what the ethical, moral, and political implications the existence of such a person presents for countries and humanity. I believe this is why Tom Manckiewicz recommended against Superman trying to solve real-world problems.

But anyway.... I'm actually considering jumping on board with a subscription for MOTU now. There's enough now that's making me seriously think about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 59  Next