Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 59  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:01 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8276
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Pretty happy with Octavia (of course, I wish she had bendy tentacles). She was in my Top Ten.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:40 am 
User avatar
ABS
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:57 am
Posts: 262
Now we know who the mysterious SDCC "character vote" is between!

Matty wrote:
Plus as a special bonus attendees will have the opportunity to vote on an upcoming MOTUC monthly figure: Huntara vs. Lord Masque – you decide who gets made! .


Scott never clarified if the vote determines if one gets made and the other doesn't OR if the vote determines which of the two is made earlier. The sentence above makes it seem like one will make it into the line and the other won't. Of course, if Club Eternia doesn't get enough subscribers the whole discussion is moot.

You can read the full schedule of events for Matty at SDCC here:
http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... -products/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:46 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8276
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Scored an amazing deal at my FLCS yesterday.

MOTUC Teela still in the package for . . . . $12. :mrgreen:

When I think about how much money I have almost spent on obtaining her in the past year . . .

Patience is a friggin' virtue! :twisted:

And don't worry, she'll be liberated from her plastic bondage soon enough!

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Last edited by Shellhead on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:51 pm 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 408
Location: South Carolina
Well done Shellhead.

BlackCanary wrote:
Now we know who the mysterious SDCC "character vote" is between!

Matty wrote:
Plus as a special bonus attendees will have the opportunity to vote on an upcoming MOTUC monthly figure: Huntara vs. Lord Masque – you decide who gets made! .


Scott never clarified if the vote determines if one gets made and the other doesn't OR if the vote determines which of the two is made earlier. The sentence above makes it seem like one will make it into the line and the other won't. Of course, if Club Eternia doesn't get enough subscribers the whole discussion is moot.

You can read the full schedule of events for Matty at SDCC here:
http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... -products/


It looks like the loser might get made in the hypothetical 2016 and beyond era. From Matty. http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/1631021038

Also am I the only one that sees a problem with this? http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/5371001038 "And to reittetate, when you buy a sub customers are well aware they are buying "blind". Subs are for the "all in" customer. If you are the type of customer that does not want certain figures, the sub program may not be for you. Only buy a sub if you are a big enough fan that you want all characters no matter what! If you want to cherry pick the sub is not the option for you'

Yeah it's no surprise that the subs are blind. But when anyone brings up no dos figures, he breaks out the should have bought a sub response. However by his own admission, the sub isn't for you if you don't want every figure. So essentially the brand manager is saying that if you don't want every figure ever, then they couldn't care less about your business. And this line is supposed to make money how?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 am 
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:46 pm
Posts: 332
To quote one of my favorites, Twin Peaks: "It is happening... again"

MOTUC Showing Up At Big Lots
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=20741


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 5958
Location: Shelbyville, KY
Id say Battle Lion-- :roll: pretty much guarantees a Clawdeen repaint at some point..

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 am 
User avatar
Corporate Spin Monkey
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2374
Location: Kent, England
stewbacca wrote:
Id say Battle Lion-- :roll: pretty much guarantees a Clawdeen repaint at some point..


And I'd love them to finally do a flocked Panthor. But possibly instead of the traditional flocking, maybe use the velvet like paint used on the DCUC blue wetsuited Balck Manta. That paint had a visual and tactile feel that was different to regular paint but that didn't effect the articulation.

But a flocked Panthor with a Filmation style Skeletor (bigger hood, non finned forearms and booted feet) would make a great 2 pack.

Plus Night Stalker and Stridor would also be welcome additions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:35 pm 
User avatar
PVC
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 191
elvis8batman wrote:
stewbacca wrote:
Id say Battle Lion-- :roll: pretty much guarantees a Clawdeen repaint at some point..


And I'd love them to finally do a flocked Panthor. But possibly instead of the traditional flocking, maybe use the velvet like paint used on the DCUC blue wetsuited Balck Manta. That paint had a visual and tactile feel that was different to regular paint but that didn't effect the articulation.

But a flocked Panthor with a Filmation style Skeletor (bigger hood, non finned forearms and booted feet) would make a great 2 pack.

Plus Night Stalker and Stridor would also be welcome additions.

All about the Filmation Skeletor, IMO is a better design that the figure version. Also I can't wait for NA Skeletor, love that version. I hope when they make him, he won't look goofy like in the cartoon, possibly more of how he looked in the live action commercial for the Power Sword.

_________________
Mighty Mouse vs Popeye at full spinach strength...you decide who will win?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:04 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8276
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Scorpia and Blade. Solid, solid 2014 sub thus far.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 5958
Location: Shelbyville, KY
My Blade will be up for grabs...

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:20 am 
User avatar
PVC
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 191
Blade looks more like a DCUC figure than a MOTUC figure. The figure is very nice looking considering I hated the character in the movie and could care less about the vinatage toy, though I do admit, I don't get the fandom with some figures..Plundar, really?....ugh.

On a side note, why does MOTU get a pass but not Superman IV, I am reading all this love for the movie and this appreciation for its short-comings while the same people trash Superman IV which isn't a bad film.

_________________
Mighty Mouse vs Popeye at full spinach strength...you decide who will win?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:23 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10198
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Superpowers1980 wrote:
On a side note, why does MOTU get a pass but not Superman IV, I am reading all this love for the movie and this appreciation for its short-comings while the same people trash Superman IV which isn't a bad film.


Superman IV?... I'll sit through Catwoman a dozen times before I watch Superman IV again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am 
User avatar
PVC
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 191
Jim_Abell wrote:
Superpowers1980 wrote:
On a side note, why does MOTU get a pass but not Superman IV, I am reading all this love for the movie and this appreciation for its short-comings while the same people trash Superman IV which isn't a bad film.


Superman IV?... I'll sit through Catwoman a dozen times before I watch Superman IV again.


No way, Superman IV is not that bad, it suffered from poor budget and editting but the overall story was good. Think about the movie and basic story and imagine it in the hands of a good director with a proper budget...it would rock. MOTU would still be weak because the story is flawed, coming to earth is lame and how Skeletor was defeated wasn't even sensible.

Catwoman....ooohhh, I shutter the thought of Berry with that terrible wig on....ugh

_________________
Mighty Mouse vs Popeye at full spinach strength...you decide who will win?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:52 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10198
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
See, I'll disagree with you there. Editing and budget I can overlook but the story?... Superman would never take it upon himself to rid the world of nuclear weapons that was biggest flaw in the story. And the whole thing with Nuclear Man, just bad... I would've preferred the story stick with the Bizarro clone that was edited out of the film. I've sat through the film three times, once on VHS and twice on DVD, the second time with the commentary track on to figure out where it went so wrong and even that didn't even attempt to explain the problems other than blaming the budget. You are entitled to your opinion but, man, I couldn't disagree more.

Now, back to the topic at hand...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 am 
User avatar
3 3/4"
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:14 am
Posts: 630
Location: The cultural wasteland of Miami, FL
Jim_Abell wrote:
See, I'll disagree with you there. Editing and budget I can overlook but the story?... Superman would never take it upon himself to rid the world of nuclear weapons that was biggest flaw in the story. And the whole thing with Nuclear Man, just bad... I would've preferred the story stick with the Bizarro clone that was edited out of the film. I've sat through the film three times, once on VHS and twice on DVD, the second time with the commentary track on to figure out where it went so wrong and even that didn't even attempt to explain the problems other than blaming the budget. You are entitled to your opinion but, man, I couldn't disagree more.

Now, back to the topic at hand...


Agree, though the premise of Superman getting rid of nuclear arms is silly all by itself regardless of whether Superman would actually do it or not. It's like saying a superhero will cure poverty or solve the differences between ethnic or religious conflicts around the world, and so on. These are immensely complicated problems and it's naive to think some benevolent super-being will force agreement and compromise. For me that starts to get into Watchmen territory and you start to examine whether such a super-being is a good thing and what the ethical, moral, and political implications the existence of such a person presents for countries and humanity. I believe this is why Tom Manckiewicz recommended against Superman trying to solve real-world problems.

But anyway.... I'm actually considering jumping on board with a subscription for MOTU now. There's enough now that's making me seriously think about it.

_________________
When you don't know what you really want, you end up with a lot you don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 59  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.055s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]