Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: You had the DC 2013 sub, but didn't get the 2014 sub. W
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:03 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Not that this has anything to do with anything, but I just received and email from Matty letting me know the MOTUC sub is re-opening.

I wonder if it'd make any difference at all if they were to re-open the DC sub .....

I was thinking that as well, but I think we're too far down from the goal. If we were at 80-85 percent it might have made a difference.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:09 pm 
Aspires to be #1

It would probably be less since they already refunded everyones money and we know there aren't enough bought in anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:31 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

People were asking over on the Matty forums if the MOTUC sub could be re-opened for people who could only afford one sub during the original period and chose the DC sub, that's why it's been re-opened to allow for those who wanted to switch to the sub that went through when their first choice didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:10 pm 
Cold-cast

Funny, I could have sworn I posted another opinion on this subject. I guess I'm still not allowed to have one around here! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:11 am 
5" Scale

Wildcard wrote:
Re-opening the DC sub wouldn't make a difference. There still wouldn't be enough subscribers to make it reach the needed amount. Toyguru has pretty much said that DCUC/DCIE is dead. They won't rebrand it or reconfigure it. They can't release figures like Doomsday as one-offs because it's the limited tooling on other figures which offset the costs for characters like these.

I'm sorry and I'm not coming down on you Wildcard, but if there's a way for Mattel to turn a profit they'll make it happen. For me the cost was the first factor and the character selection made it hard to swallow this year. If the sub reopened Matty would still depend on social media and toy sites to advertise for them. That didn't work the last time and would most likely stick a spike in the coffin.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:18 pm 
Displays Backwards

I think the law of diminishing returns just kicked in for the third year.

For me, the reason I have never subbed, is because the line-up is just so scattershot. I did sign up for the Watchmen sub (after the first two figs, though). If they had a line of Legion figures, I would totally sub in a second.

But if it's one Batman guy, one JLA guy, one JSA guy, one Titan, one Superman guy, etc. it's way too unfocused a line, to me at least.

The MOTU line is different - that is the only place you can get He-Man toys these days - it's those or nothing (I went with nothing, though I did collect the 2002 MOTU line - what I could find, that is). For DC, there are other places to get new figures - but ultimately, I think the selection being all over the place eventually turned people off.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:46 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Clayface wrote:
Funny, I could have sworn I posted another opinion on this subject. I guess I'm still not allowed to have one around here! :roll:

I'm not showing any if your posts were deleted from this thread Clayface. Please feel free to repost if it isn't on page one (a post from you is on page 1 currently).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:18 pm 
ABS

We got a lot of good figures over the 2 year span my favorites including Poison ivy, jay garrick, black mask, Huntress, fire, the upcoming Ra's and so many others. I was going to sign up for the sub for the first time but unfortunately, they canceled it. They should make smaller production numbers. The sub does sell, just not at the extremely high level they want it too. If they were smart, they'd release the tooled figures to make money and please the fans. Also, if they leave off with fans on a good note, the fans are more lily to buy future DCU product if they revive this line in the future. Leave off on a good note and don't waste the tooled figures. Sell them in a 4 pack for like 60 bucks or something, maybe even a little more or less. The true fans will buy it and the not so true fans will be angry but thats how its gotta work. can't please everyone