Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths...does it survive for 2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Clayface wrote:
Anyone having problems getting their refund. Call your credit card company & let them know what's going on. I had my card credited back the day after the sub was declared dead. Let your credit card company fight it out with mattel & DR.

I have to check the status of my refund next week,but if it isn't there, I have to side with Clayface's idea here. Mattel/Digital River shouldn't hold on to everyone's money any longer than absolutely necessary.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:27 pm 
Variant Head

Anybody see the packaged sample of Hook Hand Aquaman on Toysgurus desk ? The video was all MOTUC no mention of it !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:15 pm 
Tis' but a pup

PBateman wrote:
Anybody see the packaged sample of Hook Hand Aquaman on Toysgurus desk ? The video was all MOTUC no mention of it !
I guess we gotta wait until NYCC before we hear more?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:21 am 
Resin

I think with NYCC looming ever closer, that Mattel seriously needs to make an announcement about the future of DCIE, and that we who are fans of the line need to encourage them as strongly as possible that the line DOES need to continue, and that the best option, of those Mattel put forth when the subscription failed, is a full lineup of 12 monthly, non-subscription figures. Even though we know these would cost more than they have, I believe it would be worth it. This is way too cool a line with way too much ongoing potential to come to an end like this.

Let our voices be heard at NYCC!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:08 am 
Aspires to be #1

They've made their statement already. The line is over.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:38 pm 
categorically opposed

TrekkerGI wrote:
I think with NYCC looming ever closer, that Mattel seriously needs to make an announcement about the future of DCIE, and that we who are fans of the line need to encourage them as strongly as possible that the line DOES need to continue, and that the best option, of those Mattel put forth when the subscription failed, is a full lineup of 12 monthly, non-subscription figures. Even though we know these would cost more than they have, I believe it would be worth it. This is way too cool a line with way too much ongoing potential to come to an end like this.

Let our voices be heard at NYCC!

Like Joel said, they already made their announcement.

They don't care about voices. They care about dollars. They didn't hear enough Benjamins to get the sub off the ground. No biggie. Life goes on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:22 pm 
serves the Otter

Apparently you guys missed this:

http://news.toyark.com/2013/10/01/toy-g ... 013-103672

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:05 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

There were three normal-sized figures shown at SDCC plus adding Damian on near the end of the sub period. Cornboy confirmed at least two more figures were completed by them after SDCC before things shut down. The new Aquaman has made it at least to full production sample stage and Scott has said that Damian was tooled two years ago. At this point I would think that they've been discussing how many new parts total there are between all of the sculpts that are ready and how they can gang them all into the least amount of tooling. I don't really think we have any chance of seeing either version of Doomsday except as a con exclusive (personal wish: both versions in a bundle, the extra costs on the "Unleashed" version off-set somewhat by the few new pieces to the Kilowog body on the containment version). Don't see anything happening beyond that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:12 am 
Aspires to be #1

shabbyblue wrote:

Nope, didn't miss a thing. In fact I'll tell you the announcement right now...

"Goodbye fans of Flash 2 haha. Just a little Batzarro humor for you there. So we have some great news about our fan demanded adult collector DCIE figures. The line will be moving forward with a limited release of the figures we already revealed because of a class action suit by the Matty board members! You can get Aquaman 2, Ice and Robin 4 in the fall of 2014 for 75 bucks a piece! Thank you and Hello fans of Green Lantern 3."

Last edited by j1h15233 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:58 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Jim_Abell wrote:
I don't really think we have any chance of seeing either version of Doomsday except as a con exclusive (personal wish: both versions in a bundle, the extra costs on the "Unleashed" version off-set somewhat by the few new pieces to the Kilowog body on the containment version).

I'm down for that! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:31 pm 
Resin

Here's a couple more names I'd love to see if the line gets any future -- VIXEN (come on, she was part of the group art on DCUC packaging), and KANTO (one of the more interesting New Gods).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:42 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Did not catch that info about Damian being done two years ago. Thought it funny that my phone listed the pic under November 21 2012. Guess that explains that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:50 pm 
Resin

I know who else I';d like to see, but he'd have to be a special edition figure of some sort, along the lines of Doomsday.

KILLER CROC.

They did that huge 10" or so, not-terribly-articulated version a number of years ago, and at the very least, it was a heck of a sculpt.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:15 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

TrekkerGI wrote:
I know who else I';d like to see, but he'd have to be a special edition figure of some sort, along the lines of Doomsday.

KILLER CROC.

They did that huge 10" or so, not-terribly-articulated version a number of years ago, and at the very least, it was a heck of a sculpt.

That is a great sculpt, and any new figure would hopefully replicate that but with new articulation. But I think the best bet would've been to re-use the upper parts from the MOTUC Whiplash as they did with the TDKR MOTUC based Batman.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:46 am 
Aspires to be #1

Congrats to those of you who wanted the containment suit Doomsday. The rest of us are out of luck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 47  Next