Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:51 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Smooth wrote:
stewbacca wrote:

Egghead-- always Egghead-- with a voice chip....

Yes a bald Vincent Price making egg puns is high on everybody's want list.

You are probably being sarcastic-- but I am just going to pretend that is an Egg-rigous error, and you agree with my Eggs-cellent idea.

I mean I don't want to count my chickens before they hatched- but that figure would sell millions, or at least a dozen-dozen-dozens..

Now to be serious-- I still believe he would sell better than an Otto Preminger Mr. Freeze.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:43 am 
5th Horseman

Actually YES! Egghead IS on most peoples want lists for this line... if you just review this actual thread, you'd see that! The people who love this line, love it for it's campiness and Vincent Price is the epitome of that as Egghead.

I've also heard something new this weekend from my contacts... this line sold INCREDIBLY well. WAY better than anyone's expectations. Mattel was seriously caught off guard by the weaker retail interest last year. They seriously did NOT have anything prepared beyond that first wave... but are scrambling to get a follow up wave in place by end of 14 at the earliest.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:49 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

AnimateTed wrote:
Actually YES! Egghead IS on most peoples want lists for this line... if you just review this actual thread, you'd see that! The people who love this line, love it for it's campiness and Vincent Price is the epitome of that as Egghead.

I've also heard something new this weekend from my contacts... this line sold INCREDIBLY well. WAY better than anyone's expectations. Mattel was seriously caught off guard by the weaker retail interest last year. They seriously did NOT have anything prepared beyond that first wave... but are scrambling to get a follow up wave in place by end of 14 at the earliest.

Considering that it's hardly had a chance to warm the pegs, saying that this "sold INCREDIBLY well" sounds about right. I'm glad that Mattel is working to do something fresh with this line. I'm really looking forward to a Batcopter, Batcycle, and even an authentic Batcave playset. That would be so awesome I think I'd cry.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:51 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

AnimateTed wrote:

This is great news!! If they do go ahead with another wave, then it needs Batgirl, but a re-issue of both Batman and Robin with sculpted capes to headline/anchhor the wave and give fans a second display option should also happen.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:58 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I'm a huge fan of soft-goods, especially in this scale, but I agree with you on the sculpted capes for any rereleases. Give collectors another thing to collect, give sculpted-fans something to buy, and release Batgirl in sculpted/soft variants for everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:06 pm 
serves the Otter

Hopefully we'll get an update at NYCC on the possibility of another wave of figures, especially with the recent confirmation of Yvonne Craig allowing her likeness rights. They'd be fools not to give us a Batgirl figure now. It would be a hot seller.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:43 am 
Brand Manager

shabbyblue wrote:
Hopefully we'll get an update at NYCC on the possibility of another wave of figures, especially with the recent confirmation of Yvonne Craig allowing her likeness rights. They'd be fools not to give us a Batgirl figure now. It would be a hot seller.

Amen!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:02 am 
Brand Manager

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/matt ... tman-line/

Really great news! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:37 am 
Cold-cast

This is good news. Next wave (if there is a whole wave) will definitely feature Batgirl. I'm guessing we might also see a "pink cowl" Batman variant, Egghead, the Mad Hatter and Mr. Freeze.

I would LOVE to see (but probably won't) a Batcave diorama or playset, a Batcycle, Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara 2 pack, Eartha Kitt Catwoman variant, and Alfred. But who knows, maybe one or two of those will sneak in the line.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:02 am 
Aspires to be #1

If they release Batman, Robin and Batgirl with plastic capes, along with her cycle then I'll eat my words and track down all of that plus the Batmobile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:02 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'm glad they are not done with the line. A Batgirl with Batgirlcycle and a Batcycle would be really cool. A Batcave would be great but would cost well over $100 maybe more.

Gordon
O'Hara
Alfred
Bruce
Dick
Egghead
King Tut

Maybe a few others would be cool too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:30 pm 
serves the Otter

FlaBat wrote:
Gordon
O'Hara
Alfred
Bruce
Dick
Egghead
King Tut

Maybe a few others would be cool too.

Just because we may be getting another wave in 2014, I don't expect ANY of these to be released. Batgirl and plastic cape Batman/Robin is most likely all they'll offer. I'll really be surprised if we get anyone beyond that. None of the other villains were ever as iconic as the four we got this year. The only other characters I'd love to get are Bruce and Dick in plainclothes, as a special 2-pack with the library backdrop and the Shakespeare bust. It's such an obvious idea for an SDCC exclusive in packaging similar to the Batusi Batman we got this year.

Last edited by shabbyblue on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:22 pm 
shirtless hugger

Maybe not but those are the chracters I remember the most and make the most sense to me.

I would think "Some days you can't get rid of a bomb Batman" to be the next Convention piece.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:29 pm 
serves the Otter

FlaBat wrote:
I would think "Some days you can't get rid of a bomb Batman" to be the next Convention piece.

Ugh, I hope not. For such a limited line, we don't need so many Batman variants. In fact, that would probably just be a repacked Batman with a new bomb accessory and maybe alternate hands to hold it. YAWN!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:08 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I think you could still squeeze out some great figures from this line. There have been many great possibilities already mentioned so I am suggesting ones I would personally love to see that I don't think have gotten a shout out yet:

Riddler in the snazzy suit with bowler and tie (I think it appeared on the TV series before the comics)
Eartha Kitt Catwoman
Robin as a single (this is should be a no-brainer. Sorry if it has already been suggested)
A Surf's Up Joker to go with Surf's Up Batman

and I would love a build-a-1966 style-Bat-Signal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 46  Next