Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 265  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:11 pm 
shirtless hugger

So mo Martian Manhunter in Targets Justice League? I bought the Javelin and a few other league figures. I was hoping to see MM just to be consistent with the other JL lines even though I know Cyborg replaced him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yeah, no MM ... as of yet ... but the line seems to be successful enough that they will continue to add pieces to it over the long term.

Imaginext is truly a slow moving machine, usually only offering new products once or twice a year, and then given healthy refreshes and rotating case mixes throughout the remainder of the year.

It works for them so I don't suppose it'll be changing anytime soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:13 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:

It works for me, too. It's nice to not have to worry about finding product. Eventually everything shows up at a store near me. Plus, there are myriad *reasonable* online options if I don't feel like waiting or visiting stores.

As far as changes go, though, I do have to give them credit for producing female figures. It wasn't all that long ago that they said they would never do that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:59 am 
ABS

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Yeah, no MM ... as of yet ... but the line seems to be successful enough that they will continue to add pieces to it over the long term.

Imaginext is truly a slow moving machine, usually only offering new products once or twice a year, and then given healthy refreshes and rotating case mixes throughout the remainder of the year.

That is the great thing about collecting this line, it's so cheap and waves aren't shoved down your throat and hitting your pocket so hard.

Also I find and purchase Green Arrow. I need just a few more pieces like the Superfriends Batmobile, the Javelin, Classic Flash, Classic Aquaman, Joker and Gorilla Grodd and I will be all caught up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:48 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

New to the board. Haven not been collecting long.

Curious to see if anyone else got spurned by walmart when trying to order the Brainiac figure. Got an email the day before it was supposed to arrive saying that it was out of stock and that i would be refunded.

However, today i saw that Brainiac is on the FP website...great news! So i ordered this one and hopefully will not be burned twice.

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brand ... ucts/78473

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:52 am 
ABS

Nope, got mine when I ordered. It might be they had a huge response & just temporarily ran out of their supply.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 pm 
Cold-cast

BGswartz13 wrote:

Curious to see if anyone else got spurned by walmart when trying to order the Brainiac figure. Got an email the day before it was supposed to arrive saying that it was out of stock and that i would be refunded.

However, today i saw that Brainiac is on the FP website...great news! So i ordered this one and hopefully will not be burned twice.

WELCOME........glad to see another collectors

This has happen to me also but with a different item (but still ImagiNext). Like yourself, I was able to find it elsewhere. I think Starks is correct on this one, the demand for Brainiac was insane !!! When I found him and posted the link, he sold out twice in the first day.

Glad you were able to order one........I got mind and he looks pretty good next to Lex

D's

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:50 pm 
MINT!

BGswartz13 wrote:

Yeah I got the shaft from Walmart as well. I'll just wait for retail.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:16 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Saw Brainiac for the first time at retail today...figures i already had ordered from fp.com

However, I did notice that the Catwoman and Clayface they had there as well were all new packaging. I wonder if fp is re-releasing all of the past figures with this new packaging?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:42 pm 
Knows his stuff

BGswartz13 wrote:
Saw Brainiac for the first time at retail today...figures i already had ordered from fp.com

However, I did notice that the Catwoman and Clayface they had there as well were all new packaging. I wonder if fp is re-releasing all of the past figures with this new packaging?

Welcome to the board! Where did you find these newly packaged figs? Just curious. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:22 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I also saw the new packaging at a Target.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:29 pm 
Cold-cast

I too had my order for Brainiac cancelled by Walmart. I ordered and already received it though from FP.com.

As for the new packaging, I have seen it at TRU as well on the older figures. I don't believe they are rereleasing any of the older figures. They seem to be using the new. packaging for figures that they are still producing that's all. New packaging for all lines, DC, Castle, Sponge Bob; etc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:24 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

rickwj324 wrote:
BGswartz13 wrote:

Welcome to the board! Where did you find these newly packaged figs? Just curious. :D

Found these at a chain of stores called Meijer...i think that they are mostly in the mid-west.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:52 am 
Loose, Missing Package

BGswartz13 wrote:
Found these at a chain of stores called Meijer...i think that they are mostly in the mid-west.

Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky, I think that's it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:56 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Jim_Abell wrote:
BGswartz13 wrote:

Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky, I think that's it.

Sounds about right...this isn't the first time they have had new Imaginext at retail first. They had the new city sets and castle sets before I new they existed. As well as the Superman Wonder Woman two pack and Joker Harley two pack. I had just read about that on this site and the next day they are on the shelves there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 265  Next