Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:07 pm 
serves the Otter

BCYa wrote:
It's not like this figure's existence is preventing Egghead or Aunt Harriet or whomever from being made.

Actually it is. There is only a finite number of characters they'll produce for this line. And choosing silly one-shot Batman variants over other more unique characters is something that annoys me. For a very limited line that will be lucky to have 3 waves at most, they shouldn't be going the Kenner route of churning out a bunch of Bat-variants. Surfs Up Batman was the one single figure I passed on in the first wave, and I'll be passing on his silly Joker counterpart as well.

If they absolutely must include another Batman or Robin in the next wave, then I really hope it's the plastic caped versions over anything else. Though it wouldn't surprise me if we just get a repack of the soft goods cape Batman with a bomb accessory. :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:12 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

If they make Surf's Up Batman, then they should make Surf's Up Joker. It completes the set as it should.

Who knows what the licensing situation is for these? Just because they have a path to use Price, Buono, or Craig likenesses doesn't necessarily mean they want to pay those prices. Surf's Up Joker might be cheaper to put in a slot than a Shame figure or an Aunt Harriet. It doesn't necessarily follow that they have X slots to fill. What if SUJoker is actually an X+1?

We currently have the most movie-accurate Batman, Robin, Batmobile, and United Underworld we've ever had. Ever. Yeah, I could complain that they don't all come with those ridiculous masks they wore, which makes them less than movie perfect, but what's the point? 5-year-old me never thought he could have it this good, and here we are. This line is fun.

Make wish lists all you want. Buy only what you want. But I'm finding it helpful to think about how cool this line IS, not worry about how cool it MIGHT be. After all the Batvariants and Batsuccessors over the decades, I never ever expected this line in 2013, but here it is. I'm going to enjoy it instead of grousing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:10 am 
Cold-cast

I agree. This line has been incredible so far and any new figures are pretty much a gift at this point. Would LOVE to get Batgirl. But if it ended today, I would be happy with the set.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:25 am 
MINT!

Hal Roth wrote:
Batmobile is available on Target.com right now. $49.99 and if you use your target card you get 5% off and free shipping.

i just need one more to fill the batmobile wall in the basement....

Last edited by gleek on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:26 am 
Wonderdog

What do you need 10 Batmobiles for? LOL

Webslinger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:32 am 
MINT!

Webslinger wrote:
What do you need 10 Batmobiles for? LOL

Webslinger

12....it just looks cool when i go down in the basement. i guess i need two more so i can finish the wall/shelf and finish one. if i need the storage space again i'll just sell em off.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:37 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Surf's Up Batman is my absolute favorite of all the '66 figures released so far. I'm thrilled that they are making a Surfing Joker as well. Yes, it's silly, but it's supposed to be silly, it's Batman '66!

I was worried that I was going to have to make a custom Surf's Up Joker figure before this was announced.

I really hope this line goes on for a long time, and has a wide variety of characters. But even if we never get any more characters, I'll still be really happy with what we've got so far.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:53 am 
MINT!

the place that makes the officially licensed replicas of the batmobile is about 25 minutes from me. i usually see one driving or at a show every summer. here is their site if anyone cares to check it out:

http://www.buybatparts.com/joomla/index.php

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:17 pm 
Brand Manager

Joshua Raymond wrote:
Surf's Up Batman is my absolute favorite of all the '66 figures released so far. I'm thrilled that they are making a Surfing Joker as well. Yes, it's silly, but it's supposed to be silly, it's Batman '66!

I really hope this line goes on for a long time, and has a wide variety of characters. But even if we never get any more characters, I'll still be really happy with what we've got so far.

That's it. I totally agree. Not to mention that Mattel have to make some variants to help the line make more $. Since the're variants that really make sense, it's OK for me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:53 pm 
shirtless hugger

I would love an Eartha Kitt Catwoman, but that's a whole new body and head.

I was lucky enough to find some more at retail tonight, I now have them all except Catwoman.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:03 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I just got the new Julie Newmar Catwoman from Entertainment Earth yesterday. She looks even better in person than in the photos. I hope this line continues. I do want an Otto-Mr. Freeze, Mad Hatter, Egghead, King Tut, and Bookworm. Batgirl would be cool too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 pm 
Brand Manager

BBTS have the catwoman in stock:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:59 pm 
Ferret Farmer

I have got to start getting these.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:56 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I picked up Batman,Joker,and Penguin. I'm hoping Catwoman isn't short packed and the line continues a few more waves.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:59 pm 
ABS

Got an email from Amazon that these should be coming in between Oct 25th - 30th for those that preordered.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 45  Next