Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: No sub needed !
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:39 am 
Brand Manager

I found that little insert a bit annoying, you know BBTS is going to scoop up almost all the day of sale figures. I just do not get how there was a very real chance the sub would not go through for the full year but they did not have a plan B to offer the 4 figures in a sub. But anyways any guesses on the last horaah for DCUC . Sadly I think it will be some Super Powers themed item ....

Post subject: Re: No sub needed !
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:10 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Yeah I think it will be a Superpowers repaint too, possibly Superman in light blue, possibly Supes, Bats and WW all with new paint decos.

I really hate the way they are stating that they'll never make Unleashed Doomsday, like its set in stone. Fact is, as with any one off item that gets its own production budget, they could make it as a store exclusive, but they just flat out don't want to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:40 am 
Aspires to be #1

My guess is 90's Kyle Rayner but it's probably more super powers crap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:48 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

90's Kyle would be awesome but I doubt we'll get him as his gloves and boots would require new tooling ( unless that's already done and they've just kept quiet about it ). So yeah, I think superpowers is the smarter bet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:24 am 
PVC

I hope its something related to the Super Powers line, the first three rows on their display are all SP figures and that little insert in the bottom. I hope it is a box set of stuff that never came out

Super Powers Superman
Super Powers Batman
Super Powers Wonder Woman
Super Powers Lex Luthor - which was supposed to come out during the DCSC line but we only got the updated version. This figure was tooled and displayed so it needs to come out.
Super Powers Kalibak

At this stage of the game it is unlikely we will see SP Orion or Mr Freeze, I wish those were made.

I can't wait. The only thing that annoys me is the Unleashed Doomsday, with this heavily demanded figure it would be profitable to release it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:56 am 
Brand Manager

The whole unleashed Doomsday things feels sooooo petty to me, like Toyguru is saying "Screw you for not buying enough subs!".
I wish it was a proper Scarecrow but my guess is Super Powers repaints of Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman in a box set....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:24 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I was hoping for a Ms. Martian to go along with Superboy, but it'll be Superpowers related.

Sadly. :(

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

PBateman wrote:
The whole unleashed Doomsday things feels sooooo petty to me, like Toyguru is saying "Screw you for not buying enough subs!".
I wish it was a proper Scarecrow but my guess is Super Powers repaints of Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman in a box set....

I agree, the hammering home that at this stage we won't ever see this figure really is a bit of kick in the teeth. What annoys me is you just know that at some stage in the next year we'll see some random item/exclusive one off pop up in stores that uses new tooling and it'll be something no one has asked for. But they'll still say they can't budget for unleashed doomsday as the sub never went through. The logical answer that it can be made with its own exclusive budget, not associated with the now defunct sub will just be ignored.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:32 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Not only do you not need a sub, you don't even need to deal with Mattycollector.com 8)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181252978809?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
And at a price much more appropriate for what your getting.

What stinks about the Unleashed Doomsday debacle is this... I don't think it even qualifies as a metaphor:
Quote:
It has nothing to do with the cost or charge or demand for the larger Doomsday. The larger Unleashed Doomsday was contingent on producing 12 partially tool’d figures produced at tier 2 level. Since we did no even get to tier 1, that makes doing a tier 2 level figure that much harder. Fans had their chance to support the Unleashed Doomsday and we did not reach that goal. Asking for him now is akin to losing the Superbowl but asking for the trophy anyway. We simply can’t make this fully tool’d figure without the year long sub of partially tool’d figures at the higher quota (at tier 2) to balance out the cost. No sub, no figure. It is totally a math thing, not a “fan demanded” thing.

This is not a sporting contest and we're not on a team. It's commerce and a poor example at that. The "math" is acknowledging there's an interest in the figure, determining a price point where Mattel makes money, and offering it up as a pre-order ala Ecto-1. If that fails, then you can ultimately say no, there is no way for this figure to be made.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:29 pm 
ABS

I'd be happy with the superpowers repaints, they are long overdue. If they were smart they'd release these and every year as a con exclusive do an exclusive. For example, doomsday, Granny, or even a normal sized figure that almost everyone wants like Mera, Vixen, Batwoman, or Scarecrow. They should plan that and announce it now so there's a set fan base for them...,and potential customers all lines up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:34 pm 
ABS

Did anyone buy a figure from that guy of aqua man? I want it but I want to make sur this hair is on right unlike that one picture. Let me know and thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 pm 
PVC

Well, Ice is also for sale.....19 sold so far

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1312829453

I wonder how many they will sell of her and Aquaman. Ghul is also being sold. This is part of why the sub failed, too many Chinese sellers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 pm 

Superpowers1980 wrote:
This is part of why the sub failed, too many Chinese sellers.

This statement couldn't be farther from the truth. It's the lies, shenanigans, dangling carrots, & other BS that mattel pulls that makes someone buy from China.

I was a loyal JLU fan. I would buy almost any figure mattel put out besides crappy repaints like " Disco Braniac " etc. I even bought all their crappy three packs with multiples of the original 7 & one new figure. That was a scam in itself. But when they pulled all that crap with the last figures of the line, all the dangling of the carrot & lies about " if these figures sell out, you'll get these " then the " too bad you don't get them " to " Oh now you can have them at a ridiculous inflated price " I had enough. The reality of the situation was as much as toyguru wanted to lie & talk it up like he pulls some strings just to hook us up. They weren't doing us any favors. Those figures were already tooled, maybe even manufactured & sitting in boxes somewhere. They didn't want to lose that money. So I bought most of my last of the line JLU figures from china for around $4 a piece with free shipping. I was happy not to support mattel anymore on that line after all the BS they pulled especially in the end.

Now they are basically doing the same thing with DCIE. If I actually cared about any of these last DCIE figures, you could bet your last dollar that I would be buying them up from China. Fortunately for me I am saving money all around since the " reveals " didn't spark my interest at all. I pretty much signed up for the sub just so I could have a chance at getting a Doomsday. Which leads me too.......

abuddah wrote:
Not only do you not need a sub, you don't even need to deal with Mattycollector.com 8)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181252978809?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
And at a price much more appropriate for what your getting.

What stinks about the Unleashed Doomsday debacle is this... I don't think it even qualifies as a metaphor:
Quote:
It has nothing to do with the cost or charge or demand for the larger Doomsday. The larger Unleashed Doomsday was contingent on producing 12 partially tool’d figures produced at tier 2 level. Since we did no even get to tier 1, that makes doing a tier 2 level figure that much harder. Fans had their chance to support the Unleashed Doomsday and we did not reach that goal. Asking for him now is akin to losing the Superbowl but asking for the trophy anyway. We simply can’t make this fully tool’d figure without the year long sub of partially tool’d figures at the higher quota (at tier 2) to balance out the cost. No sub, no figure. It is totally a math thing, not a “fan demanded” thing.

This is not a sporting contest and we're not on a team. It's commerce and a poor example at that. The "math" is acknowledging there's an interest in the figure, determining a price point where Mattel makes money, and offering it up as a pre-order ala Ecto-1. If that fails, then you can ultimately say no, there is no way for this figure to be made.

Exactly! What would be the harm in mattel saying " OK here's the deal, we have to get $65 for this figure " Also they would have a meter that of course they wouldn't tell us how many had to sell. But at least it would be worth a shot. I said it before, I wanted both Doomsdays. But in the beginning the whole tier 2 Unleashed Doomsday was a smack in the chops to fans. Knowing that DCIE never hit tier 2 or even close. For the most part most fans didn't want the Tier 1 containment Doomsday. Putting the " good " Doomsday as unreachable was more of carrot dangling & a smack in the face. Now toyguru is just kicking us when we are down reiterating that we will never get Unleashed Doomsday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:58 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Rationalize it however you want, it's still stealing. :|

Which is something I refuse to do.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:51 am 

Shellhead wrote:
Rationalize it however you want, it's still stealing. :|

Which is something I refuse to do.

That rationalizing is ludicrous. Are we going into a factory & walking out with toys? No! When anyone purchases something on ebay they are doing just that, Making a purchase. If you want to walk a thin line on this, it could be considered " receiving stolen merchandise " But that would be on in fact on mattel to prove that it is indeed stolen. I've never seen any such proof of that besides toyguru running his mouth saying EVERYTHING for sale by chinese sellers is stolen. Yeah, toyguru has a lot of credibility when it comes to the things he spouts of his mouth :roll: If you really want to look at the situation, that statement from toyguru sounds more like a discriminatory statement against an entire country. And I don't believe in following along with discrimination.

Besides my statement wasn't about the moral's of chinese factory workers & mattel. Who's right or wrong? No one will ever truly know because it's all hearsay. My point is the people that buy from ebay is such a minority that it had nothing to do with the sub not going through. Now that it's the end, & mattel is no longer making things for the collector, more loyal fans are probably willing to jump ship & go the ebay route.