Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: JLU Checklist - Sep 2008- JLU-V04.3 (check latest post)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:03 pm 
serves the Otter

Updated: Aug 23, 2007

UPDATED
Version 6

Click to enlarge:

Last edited by Christophe on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:09 pm 
Displays Backwards

SWEEEET!

You rock, Christophe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:16 pm 
Former King of Posts

Very Nice!

A minor critique. I'd put them in the order they were released. Suit Lex, Darkseid, and Ultra Humanite before any of the JLU members. And then the JLU in the waves they were released.

Atom, Brainiac, Green Arrow, Dr. Fate, Elongated Man

Starman, Amazo, etc.

Since Hal is not released and not on the schedule, I would leave him out all together at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:22 pm 
oooh...pretty.

My only suggestion would be to lose some of the goofy accessories (i.e. Supergirl's metal safe/purse, Elongated Man's wire thingee).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:57 pm 
Prototype

Great job, Christophe! It looks really good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:57 pm 
serves the Otter

Hi Superfriend, thanks for the critique, however if I were to put Lex back up there. The last ones, Hawkgirl, John Stewart and J'onn (Martian) would somehow have to follow suit. But the parameters of it are as follows.

1. List the 8 major players first. (This puts Hawkgirl/Shayera in).
2. List all the unique characters as they appear in series (we don't really consider the waves as they are irrelevant to the usual consumer).
3. However, prioritize unique figures under the JLUnlimited header. (This places Lex, Hawkgirl, and the rest waaaay down there with the other semi-relevant unique figs)

:) There you go. I hope you don't misconstrue what I said about the waves. They are important to collectors certainly, but the general public and the new collector view these toys by means of 'what's at the back of the card'. This goes for most areas globally. that's why we didn't really block them as much. For example, here in the Philippines, we got waves 1 and 2 of JLU simultaneously. And in many cities here it's same as the entire Vixen/Justice Lord waves.

For Hal on the other hand, although he was not retailed, he has been created, packaged and is 'available' somehow, this puts him on the list. yes I know that sounds majorly evil of me, but hey. haha.

Mouse, yeah, you're right, i should dunk those accessories, though my uploads suck rocks and take 48 years to complete. When my net gets fixed I'll upload a newer version including a plain 'yellow tray' one just like in Super powers (which is where this came from anyway).

Thanks for all the kind words fellas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:00 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Nice work, I did something similar a while back http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/phpB ... c&start=30 , but mine was more of a wish list showing more "on model" versions of the characters and also customs of characters that I'd like to see make it into the line. This is a great checklist for what is available at retail, and should help out a lot of people new to the line.

Good job!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:09 am 
5" Scale

Nice work!!

Have to give Mattel some credit, at least...while there are some gaps in the line, it's still a pretty impressive line-up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:17 am 
Former King of Posts

Christophe wrote:
(we don't really consider the waves as they are irrelevant to the usual consumer)....I'll upload a newer version including a plain 'yellow tray' one just like in Super powers (which is where this came from anyway).

Actually it was how great a job you did in simulating the Super Powers feel that made me mention the idea of ordering them by how they were released. If I remember correctly, if you look at the series 2 SP card backs, it shows the characters in two rows, 1st series and 2nd series. When they made the 3rd series, the card backs mixed the 1st and 2nd series to put the 13 heroes from both series first, then Darkseid, then the villains from series 1 and then the villains from series 2. Series 3 followed on the 3rd line. This "inaccuracy" has always bugged me.

The other issue this brings up is what about the variants. Early on we got variants in terms of costume modifications (Matrix Batman, Anti-Amazo Flash, etc). Now we seem to be getting the standard character with a change to the accessories packed in with them (recent and upcoming Flash figures come to mind). How many and which ones do you include (Phasing and Alien form Martian Manhunter, Gold Amazo, etc)?

If we were to list them in release order, for Hal, I think the best thing to do would be to place him with Solomon Grundy and Doomsday in their own row at the bottom with a special number.

Exclusives

TAR.01 - Bizarro
TAR.02 - Black Canary
TAR.03 - Orion
ME.01 - Hal Jordan
CC.01 - Solomon Grundy
TAR.04 - Doomsday

*TAR = Target
*ME = Mattel Employee
*CC = Comic Convention

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:27 am 
serves the Otter

Great stuff elvis8batman. hey, we need to talk by the way. i'm bac in the trading so i need to know again what stuff u still need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:37 am 
serves the Otter

Yes superfriend, that is one of my main concerns, as Jonns variants seem very relevant and almost unique. perhaps I'll place them alongside Gold Amazo, but I'm still kinda torn, possibly cuz Amazo and Gold Amazo are different in nature, Amazo is a nano robot while Gold Amazo is somewehat deitious if there's such a term. In case of ordering for Hal, I wanted to make sure I put him in with the heroes. Yes perhaps, he should go after Orion, but I'll consider packing together all exclusives. The irrelevant varuiants wont go on the list and neither will rereleases based on accessory. (Which I think is great to keep the line alive for new collectors. I'm one of the few who think it's a good idea to have a trinity 3-pack) I've fixed Supergirl and EM as well as the logos. it should appear reedited soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:00 am 
Collector Inspector

Data transfer exceeded. Doh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:08 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

I'm sorry - where do I click to see this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:09 am 
Former King of Posts

Just because I might order it differently, does not take anything away from how awesome this is. It is really a fantastic piece of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:16 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Christophe wrote:
Great stuff elvis8batman. hey, we need to talk by the way. i'm bac in the trading so i need to know again what stuff u still need.

Yeah, I still need a couple of figs, though I am getting close to completion of evrything thats out so far. I still have those BTAS figs, so lets work something out.

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next