Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Semi-OT: Hey! TERROR OF THE ZYGONS!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:46 am 
ABS

Wow.... Day 2 of Action Figure Insider, and I'm already starting an off-topic thread.

Anyway, this is a shout-out to TERROR OF THE ZYGONS! Dude... I am LOVING your Avatar! I have a whole mess of Doctor Who customs on my website, and hope to have a Zygon custom included before too long. Definitely having a hard time finding reference photos of the entire costume. Got any suggestions?

Matt
aka Iron-Cow
www.ironcowprod.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:24 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi Matt,
Thanks man, Ive visited your site quite a few times and I love your customs, Especialy the doctor Who ones. I had quite a hard time myself finding a decent Zygon Pic, theyre few and far between and mostly seem to be head shots.
Do you have the zygon story on video? if not i can try and take some screen shots of the costume for ya. Its not out on DVD so the pics wouldnt be as clear as they could be, but i'll certainly have a go for you if youd like.
Also i think ive got a book thats got a full body zygon picture taken from the left hand side which shows off the weird fetal shape they have quite well. I can scan that for you if you dont already have it.

Love your sontaran by the way- fantastic. ditto the three versions of cybermen. your 6th doc is a vast improvement on the real thing too :)
Any plans for a Davros?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:42 am 
ABS

Awesome!

You know, totally no rush on any of the screengrabs or images, but if you found yourself with some spare time, I would *definitely* find them useful!

I know I should really just break down and buy the Zygons VHS tape and take some digi-photos off it, but I keep getting distracted by other projects.

I did pick up parts for a Davros, but it looks like Product Enterprise found a distributor for their own Davros, so I'll let them make it. =)

I do have a Brigadier almost done, and hope to have Jo Grant, 'The Deadly Assassin' Master, an Ice Warrior, and a few others done before the end of the year. Might be a fun CustomCon entry.

Thanks again!

Matt
aka Iron-Cow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:27 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

A Jo Grant custom?! I bow down before the awesomness that is Iron-Cow.

(Great, now I'm jonesing for some Dr. Who DVDs...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:03 am 
ABS

Actually, I *just* ordered parts for the Jo Grant custom! Not sure if you know Joshua from Toybuzz, but he helped give me some ideas on how to make Jo's fuzzy jacket.

Now if only I could figure out Benton and Yates... =)

Matt
aka Iron-Cow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:59 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Matt,
I must have missed that on ICP! :oops:

I'm currently slogging thru ""the Television Companion: The Unofficial and Unauthorized Guide to DOCTOR WHO". Just started the Colin series today.

So, are you making all nine (soon to be TEN) Doctors? Both K-9's?
yes, I *am* counting Richard Hurndall's turn as Doctor #1.2!
and even CBS' Paul McGann as Doctor #8, tho I won't mind if the new series skips over that...misstep. :?

so...how many TARDIS control rooms have you done? :wink:

Have YOU taken The Julius Marx Karaoke Challenge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:54 pm 
ABS

You missed all the Doctor Who customs?!?! Say it aint so!

Why, I'm a Doctor Who freak!

But seriously.... yeah! Doc #9 is next! I actually wanted to even try a Richard E. Grant Animated Doctor. Really enjoyed the webcast.

Hurndall I might skip, but if it helps, I *really* want to make a DOCTOR OMEGA from the French late-1800s novel. Could be fun...

Anyway, click HERE to check out more of the customs. They're a little rough around the edges, but I'd love to hear what you think of them.

Thanks!

Matt
aka Iron-Cow
www.ironcowprod.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:57 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Matt I've should have mentioned to you earlier...

YOUR SONTARANS ROCK!

Seriously, so darn cool! Best versions of the 'ol potatoheads ever!

Ninth Doctor next eh? SUPERB!

I've seen up to Ep 3 of the new series and LOVE IT!

You have to make the Last Human. That freak cracked me up, and the Michael Jackson comment... PRICELESS!

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:10 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Matt,

You really should be sculpting figs for the official license. If the DW figures looked like yours I'd be one broke DW fan. I have most of the Dapol figs and the less said about most of them, the better. The Daleks were Joe-scale so all was not lost.

Of course, it's bad enough that I still haven't seen a single episode of the new series-- and they just aired the first Dalek story!

Leo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:00 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Nah, the first dalek story isnt till next weekend. (30th) unless the BBC is showing it somewhere ahead of the UK, that is.
I like the look of the new daleks. Anyone seen the new look remote control 12" dalek coming later this year?. I think they look pretty darn good meself. Ive been thinking about picking up one of the 'classic look' RC daleks for a while. Maybe now ill do it and then pick up one of the new series RC daleks around xmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:36 am 
ABS

Thanks, fellahs!

Leo! I'm working on getting all the new Dr. Who transferred to DVD. If it works out, I'll let you know. Luckily, it seems the BBC has a MASSIVE boxed set coming out in November, so that's a must-get. The series has been fantastic, from what I've seen. Still need to get caught up on the past few eps.

TERROR- Not to tempt you or anything, but have you seen this?

As it turns out, this is IN-SCALE with those remote control Daleks... Just an FYI. =)

Matt
aka Iron-Cow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:36 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

OK, I am morally required to check-in to any Doctor Who thread...LOL!!!

Matt, get busy on that Sarah Jane Smith custom; she is THE best companion after all... :wink:

Loving the new series, as well. World War Three this week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:38 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!! Temptaion .. taking ... over... Wallet ... on ... fire....

Hahahaha theres just TOO much groovy stuff out there!!!
Gawd, im still feeling guilty for shelling out on the Medicom Darth Vader. and ive gotta wait till june to get it and feel the guilt fall off as i see how much of a thing of beauty it really is.

Tardis looks cool tho, although if i was gonna buy it, I'd expect at least some working aspects of a proper tardis, like "stores an infinate amount of DVD, Videos, Books, Action figures, Sexy female assistants, Beer......"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:40 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Gene Lantern, I wholeheartedly agree, Sarah-Jane is easily teh best companion. something about that voice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:57 am 
ABS

Hey, I'm just glad the Gene Lantern lives relatively close. We team up to combine orders and save on shipping.

Then again, Gene usually talks me into buying things my wallet simply cannot afford... oy.

Maybe if we buy the TARDISes in bulk they'd give us a discount? Or maybe I could charge it, use the TARDIS to fast forward to next payday, and get the cash?