Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:46 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Here's my opinion on your beautiful work:

If you want it to be a useful checklist and not just a nice poster, you need to be accurate -- that means the Original 7 should be non-articulated. Justice Lords Martian Manhunter should be the released version, not the prototype pictured.

The figures should be listed in the order released.

Accessories should be pictured. If a figure was initially released without an accessory and later with one, the accessory should be retroed in. This is only for figures that weren't changed in any other way when the accessory was added.

Hal, unfortunately for us, should be included. A special notation (either subtext or asterisks) should be made on the exclusives.

Significant repaints should be included -- the TRU 4-packs, K-Mart 3-pack, clear Amazo. I wouldn't include the pearlised Hot Wheels versions. I'm also heavily leaning toward "no" on running changes such as Bizarro.

Only actually released figures should be shown. Upcoming figures should be at the end with some sort of "Coming Soon" disclaimer, and once out the actual release version should be pictured. Not that you're using any, but variants that were never really available for standard release like the Zatanna and Vigilante "variations", or prototype Green Lanterns in Corps uniforms should never be included.

Really what it comes down to is you aren't marketing for Mattel so you don't need it to be a "What's Available" ad like the Star Wars and Super Powers cardbacks were. It should be a valuable resource for collectors who may be getting their figures second-hand, so they know what characters they can look for and what would make them "complete".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:03 am 
shirtless hugger

It's funny, I was prepared to write a long response to this, but JQ3x29yz4a did it for me. I agree with every point he made. Thanks!

I will say that this checklist works great for those who are only concerned about each unique character released. But not so much for someone who wants to "collect them all."

I don't have the skills, but a giant image of all available figures is something I've always wanted to do with the pictures in my Yahoo photo album. (And I sort of get that here, as Christophe uses some of my pics in this visual checklist.)

Quote:
Not that you're using any, but variants that were never really available for standard release like the Zatanna and Vigilante "variations"...

I've never seen either of these at retail. I know samples surfaced in the reject bin, but I doubt these are legit variants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:46 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

For me the checklist should be about the different characters, and only variants should be counted when they appeared on the show (like the 2 Luthors).

So the 5POA original 7 should be on there, and no other variants of the main 7 unless their appearance was in an episode (like the Justice Lords). Steel should be on there once, Orion once, etc.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:30 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Man, I am such a dope!

See, I'm one o' them weird carded collectors. I'm also a big Super Powers fan. Only need one more of them. They're all opened, by the way.

Which brings me to my point. This picture list makes me wish I had bough two of each from the beginning: One for the carded collection, and one to open. As it is, I only have a mere handful opened right now.

Dangit :wink:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:36 pm 
Former King of Posts

Open the rest of them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:42 pm 
Prototype

I open all my figures. I can't stand to leave them in the package. I have to tear them open as soon as I get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:46 pm 
Brand Manager

riddler2403 wrote:
I open all my figures. I can't stand to leave them in the package. I have to tear them open as soon as I get them.

I can't resist to open them too! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:28 pm 
serves the Otter

Ok. You guys win. 5poas coming up.

JQ3x29yz4a wrote:
Not that you're using any, but variants that were never really available for standard release like the Zatanna and Vigilante "variations"

Zatanna WAS released. That's the reason I found out about her. You're right about Vig though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:10 am 
5" Scale

I love these checklists, especially the retro-style ones.

Christophe, do you have any plans for further sets of the cards? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:18 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

this is pretty cool. I like the "glow" around each character but I'd use a unified background for all the figures instead of the different ones(except for maybe the coming soon figures)

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:38 pm 
Prototype

The site looks awesome, Christophe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:14 am 
Former King of Posts

In terms of the old Super-Powers style, I always hate the fact that when the 3rd series SP cards came out they put all the heroes from the second two series before the villains from the first series. I really prefer them listed in the order they came out. Thanks for doing it both ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:22 am 
serves the Otter

updated to include new stuff
go to

www.clik.to/JLU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:02 am 
An Insider

great as always, but why no full size printable version this time aorund?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:23 am 
Prototype

Awesome! Incredible job Christophe!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next