Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Man of Steel
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:41 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

No Zod in Superman Returns Sequel?

Source: superherohype.com

March 13, 2007

Speaking to Empire Online, Superman Returns stars Brandon Routh said the sequel will definitely up the action:

"It's going to be a lot more in that genre. In the first one, the obstacle was Superman's love for Lois and his son, and Luthor using that against him. I just know that in the next film there will be a lot of action and I'm gonna get to fight something, or someone. An enemy with real physical power might be worked in there, definitely."

And who might that something or someone be? While he doesn't answer that question, he talks more about the villain and the pre-production here.

Mike
(Image)

Last edited by SDcomics on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:53 am 
An Insider

I hope they do Darksied, work in a good amount of Jack Kirby's New Gods stuff ! That or do a multi villian with Brainiac and Bizarro with Superman fighting a luthor/Brainiac hybrid at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:57 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Singer Thriller to Delay Superman Sequel

Source: superherohype.com

March 14, 2007

Variety reports that Bryan Singer will reteam with his The Usual Suspects screenwriter Chris McQuarrie on an original thriller for United Artists toppers Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner. The movie is expected to push the Superman Returns follow-up back:

The film will delay Warner Bros.' hope of mounting a sequel to "Superman Returns" in the near future. Singer's Bad Hat Harry banner has an overall deal at WB, where he is developing several films that include that sequel and the Harvey Milk biopic "The Mayor of Castro Street." He also is directing "Football Wives," a series pilot for ABC and ABC TV Studio. The new project begins production this summer.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:00 am 
An Insider

:? :roll: they can't posibally be this monumentally stupid can they? GET SOMEONE ELSE! :evil: They should have fast track a sequel sop they can catch up the juggernaut known as Spiderman!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:48 am 
buzz word garbage hater

Wait for quality, don't push for quantity. Although it's disappointing, I'd hate to see them make the same mistake the X Franchise did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:48 am 
Knows his stuff

hutchprime wrote:
Wait for quality, don't push for quantity. Although it's disappointing, I'd hate to see them make the same mistake the X Franchise did.

Word. Last thing I personally want to see is a Ratner or a Schumacher or a McG or somebody like that bought in just because they can pump out a quick glossy looking sequel and bring it in within a given budget and catered primarily towards studio and marketing requirements.

Yeah, it sucks to have to wait, but it sucks worse to have to wait not quite as long, only to get something that's likely not even half as good. My opinion anyhow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:44 am 
The Last Word

hutchprime wrote:

Seriously.

I can understand wanting to do something between the Superflicks, just like Nolan did with The Prestige. If Singer was going to do that, though, I was hoping it would be The Mayor of Castro Street. As much as I like Chris McQuarrie's work, I can only think of one Tom Cruise movie I ever liked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:56 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Caped Crusader wrote:
I can only think of one Tom Cruise movie I ever liked.

Is it Top Gun? :D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:36 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

marillion wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:
I can only think of one Tom Cruise movie I ever liked.

Is it Top Gun? :D

Peace,

Chip

LOL :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:29 am 
Prototype

I really hope we get Darkseid in this movie. We need a cool villain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:18 pm 
5" Scale

Personally, I think Brainiac is LONG overdue in a Superman movie, in whatever form you like. (They started down that path in a theme-kind of way in Supes III with the evil computer, but not quite.) I'd love to see an Apokolips-villain movie, but first I'd like them to establish Brainiac & Bizarro as villains. (And not just in the video game.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:07 pm 
Factory Worker

Thatman wrote:
but first I'd like them to establish Brainiac & Bizarro as villains. (And not just in the video game.)

That's the way i see it going. Moe then Likley though i expect Bizarro over Braniac.

Personally i doubt we'll ever see Darkseid on the big Screen. As cool as the big guy is, i just don't see Hollywood embracing something that far out for a blockbuster like this.

Granted..... I never expected to See the Surfer or Galactus either, so i HAVE been wrong before.

Once or Twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:27 pm 
Knows his stuff

Oh great!... Not another Superman movie... Can't WB/DC make other movies outside of Supes and Bats? ... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:29 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

riddler2403 wrote:

I'd rather we didn't get him in the movie. It's just to early for a Darkseid appearance yet and I doubt it would come out that good. Maybe Bizarro, Metallo, Brainiac or... Doomsday. :wink: I just think Darkseid would be better suited for the JLA movie, if at all. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:05 pm 
Prototype

John Jones wrote:
riddler2403 wrote:

I'd rather we didn't get him in the movie. It's just to early for a Darkseid appearance yet and I doubt it would come out that good. Maybe Bizarro, Metallo, Brainiac or... Doomsday. :wink: I just think Darkseid would be better suited for the JLA movie, if at all. :)

Good point. He'd be perfect for the JL movie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next