Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:03 pm 
Factory Worker

What a great idea with the Daredevil!! I guess that great minds think alike as I purchassed an extra pack to repaint Daredevil. Of course this means I can take back the extra Daredevil/Elektra pack I bought.

I also like the different poses of the same character like the different Thing and Spideys.

With like 5,000 different characters to draw from I hope to see every single one made into a figure!

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:14 am 
Collector Inspector

Graet idea to repaint Wasp as Phoenix! Add the inclusion of US Agent and I may actually have to get this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:31 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Primetime wrote:
Graet idea to repaint Wasp as Phoenix!

Actually, that Pheonix is a re-paint of the yet-to-be-released Pheonix (in green)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:49 am 
Santos L. Halper

OH WOW!! :shock: When's this new pack coming out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Jim_Abell wrote:
Cool pic, stewbacca! Thanks for posting it!

Thatman wrote:
Cool new pack....(although I do hope we see a classic Doc Ock at some point.) The Spidey in black webbing actually has me the happiest!

That Ock placeholder in the pack looks to be classic style...

If you look at the box-it doesnt seem like the Doom or OCk have places built into the plastic tray- So I dont think there will be any Villians in there (separate box set anyone?)

It just seems like they would include 10 figs though like they did with the star wars sets---IM thinking a 25.00 price point at TRU, maybe 20 if they only include the 8 figs.

Although these seem worthwhile repaints(since most are actually different characters or eras), the constant multipacking where you get the same figure over and over gets really old- especially since these arent armybuilder figs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:11 pm 
Collector Inspector

Jim_Abell wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Graet idea to repaint Wasp as Phoenix!

Actually, that Pheonix is a re-paint of the yet-to-be-released Pheonix (in green)...

:oops: Ooops my bad. It looked similar to me for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:18 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

stewbacca wrote:
If you look at the box-it doesnt seem like the Doom or OCk have places built into the plastic tray- So I dont think there will be any Villians in there (separate box set anyone?)

Hmmm,... when I read that "8 Original Figures" blurb on the box I took that as meaning 8 repaints as Hulk and Thing don't look to have been changed, but you may be right on that... Seems odd that they'd do an 8 pack instead of a $20 price-point 10 pack...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:55 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Jim_Abell wrote:
stewbacca wrote:

Hmmm,... when I read that "8 Original Figures" blurb on the box I took that as meaning 8 repaints as Hulk and Thing don't look to have been changed, but you may be right on that... Seems odd that they'd do an 8 pack instead of a $20 price-point 10 pack...

Of course they have changed - they have differnent color pants :roll: --

that means a new figure in hasbros eyes--

And I also think that Doom is the same pose that comes with I.W. now in the 2 pack- so that wouldnt be a new figure either - unless they say that it is a "Doombot"-- and Hasbro would never do that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:04 am 
Factory Worker

Yeah, Hasbro is pulling some typical antics with these figures. Repacking figures that were available in other packs. But, what company doesn't do that? I don't have a problem with repaints, or even repacks of figures that I've already got as long as it's not like half the pack is repacks like some of the JLU three packs have been recently.

I may take the extra Doom and make it into a damaged Doom bot or something like that. I dunno. Or of couse there's always my good friend ebay!

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:14 pm 
Knows his stuff

BigBad has pix of the Mega Packs (Galactus vs Torch, Wolverine vs Sentinel)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu ... egory=3001

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:55 pm 
5" Scale

man i love these little guys. and those new packs are great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:59 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

lobsterfish wrote:
BigBad has pix of the Mega Packs (Galactus vs Torch, Wolverine vs Sentinel)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu ... egory=3001

Aw, man... I really don't care for Kirby's creations but I'm soooooo addicted to this line... damn, I wish they could do the DC characters...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:56 am 
Factory Worker

Quote:
Aw, man... I really don't care for Kirby's creations but I'm soooooo addicted to this line... damn, I wish they could do the DC characters...

Jim...and here I thought you were an okay guy. :D How can you say something like that about the Master? You don't care for Kirby's creations? Kirby created the best characters from both Marvel and DC comics. Kirby's creations add a bit of grand scale to both companies pantheon of characters.

Anyway, I don't want this to turn into a negative post so just let me say that...I love all of these little action figures too. And Jim, I'm right with you on wishing that there would be a DC line to accompany the Marvel line. How awesome would that be?

Ah well....I guess that I can keep wishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:25 am 
serves the Otter

Those megapacks are fareaking awesome. Both are must-buys. How tall would that make the Sentinel and Galactus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:26 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Alcatraz wrote:
Jim...and here I thought you were an okay guy. :D How can you say something like that about the Master? You don't care for Kirby's creations? Kirby created the best characters from both Marvel and DC comics. Kirby's creations add a bit of grand scale to both companies pantheon of characters.

Just never cared much for his character designs or the gaxaly spanning adventures he was known for... I respect what he did for comics as a story-telling medium, but I just never aquired a taste for his work...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next