Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 121  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:35 pm 
Infinite Hero

TRDouble wrote:
With the Justice League showing up in 'The Batman,' will JL-member action figures in that line be next?

I second this question...

Also, any plans for the Dark Knight Returns-inspired Batman and Nightwing from The Batman episode?

Jeff

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:49 pm 
Prototype

1. Will anymore Batman villains be added to the JLU line? Harley, Firefly, Clayface and Poison Ivy would all be great.

2. Any plans for Metallo, Toyman or Livewire to be made?

3. Will there be any more large characters. A lot of people want S.T.R.I.P.E. and Kalibak.

4. Will there be any more of the small die-cast characters made for JLU?

Post subject: Ask Mattel-All
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:13 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Can you guys please make a few more Batman villians in the JLU line? A few "requests" include:

Firefly, KG Beast, Clock King, Hugo Strange, and Black Mask. Lock Up and Maxie Zeus would be sweet too.

A lot of us still like the Bat-Villians over the weaker villians associated with Flash, GL, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:01 am 
MINT!

Hi Guys and great to have you aboard. Will we see the Question and Captain Atom? Would also ask about Captain Marvel but that's been asked already?

If you can't answer that specific question, can you answer if the barrier that prevented these characters from being made been taken care of so there is nothing that is preventing them from being made except Mattel getting a mold made (The Question) or finding an appropriate body type for repainting (Captain Atom)? May I suggest Waverider for Captain Atom.

Thanks and here's hoping that 2008 brings us our top 10 list (minus Grodd of course).

Last edited by The Collector on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:18 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Is there any possibility of starting up a collector's club that would allow us, say through your website, to obtain characters. This would be a way to work Lobo into this line and avoid the little kiddies from being drawn to his comic. Also, any chance for a remake of the Hal Jordan figure. (come on, someone had to ask.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:49 am 
BANNED

WHY IS SO LONG THE TIME OF RELEASE BETWEN EACH SERIES OF 3 PACK?????????????????

IS THERE NO POSSIBILITIES THAT EACH MONTH WE GET A NEW 3 PACK DURING ALL THE YEAR?

Is going to be a Giganta figure?

When finally will be released the Star Sapphire 3 pack?

Post subject: My series of questions
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:05 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

#1 - Clearly there is a serious problem with your distribution, case ratios/packouts & availability for both the JLU & DCSH. So my question is why not go the Hasbro route & set up an online store? Seriously. I mean even smaller companies such as Mezco, SOTA Toys & even the 4Horsemen are able to pull this off, so why can't a company as large as Mattel with plenty of resources (money & staff) do the same thing? Do you realize how many people would STOP complaining if we could simply go online & buy the stuff we want? Or even pre-order?

#2 - Will the Con exclusives be made available to non-attendees? *You know if you had an online store, it could be done that way....

#3 - What is the future of the 10" line? Many of us are still hoping for 10" versions of Atom Smasher & Giganta. Plus you have to finish the Justice Lords in the 10" format.

#4 - Has Mattel completely given up on giving us popular characters like The Question, Captain Marvel & Captain Atom for the JLU line?

#5 - What else can we expect from the DCSH line? A new multi-articulated Nightwing? A new Robin, etc? Other heroes & villains of the DC Universe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:10 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Hello "New Guy(or Gal) at Mattel"!

1) Should I be worried that the singles wave of JLU which should include Sinestro, Vixen, and Kyle Rayner was skipped over? These should've been the next singles to be released.

2) What is being done to make Wal-Mart "wake up", and realize that they should also be carrying the JLU line in their stores. Target and Toys R' Us still support it, why not Wal-Mart?

3) Speaking of Wal-Mart...If they no longer support the JLU line(which they do not. At least, not in New Jersey they don't), and they themselves are responsible for the character of Lobo not being made into a toy, then why should Mattel still hold to Wal-Mart's short-sightedness? He wouldn't have to be a mainstream retail release.

4) Please, please, please don't ever forget that we JLU fans and collectors LOVE this line, and would still like to see certain characters made into figures. Especially certain Unmakeable Embargoed characters such as Green Lantern Hal Jordan, The Question, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel, and even Lobo. Don't give up on asking DC/Warber Bros. for their permission to get these characters made, please!

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to what 2007 and 2008(and hopefully beyond) have in store for Justice League Unlimited!

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:23 am 
Bob Vila

Hi new Mattel guys, here's a question for you:

When the decision is finally made to wind down JLU, is there a chance that instead of killing the line off completely, it could evolve into a DCAU line that takes in the rest of the Timm verse shows? There are loads of charcters from BB, STAS and TNBA that havent been made, or at least made to look show accurate. A DCAU line could fix this, flesh out the rest of the JLU line and keep the line going but in a fresh direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:23 pm 
PVC

First off, thanks very much for taking our questions - welcome to AFI and congrats on your new positions at Mattel :0)

Can you give us a "State of the JLU" look at how the line is doing in your eyes (ie - still going strong, toward the tail end, winding down) and what we should expect in the future - I know you can't give us character specifics, but just a heads up as to whether there will be more exclusive packs (not counting Grodd), etc.

Thanks again and good luck to you in your new positions there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:58 pm 
An Insider

In the past we know a certain few characters are “unmakable”. Hal Jordan, Lobo, Captain Marvel/Shazam, The Question and captain atom to be specific. Boy Wonder has said that “every body is worth fighting for except Hal Jordan and Lobo” (I’m paraphrasing) do you share that same optimistic appraisal of Captain Marvel/Shazam, The Question and captain atom or should us JLU collectors hold unto our custom action figures of these three?

TRDouble wrote:
With the Justice League showing up in 'The Batman,' will JL-member action figures in that line be next?

To follow up that question; and if so, what will that mean for the JLU line of figures? Can all these lines coexist (JLU, DCSH, Superfreineds and The Batman w/ Justice League) or will JLU be a casualty of these more new toy lines?

jonartdesigns wrote:
Is there any possibility of going back to the original wonderwoman sculpt (the 5 poa JL version)?

For that matter, any of the 5poa original figures?

John Jones wrote:
And when will the Cyborg Superman show up? :)

To follow that up, is the DCSH 6 inch Cyborg Superman exclusive to any place in particular (comic shop and online retailers is the rumor) or will he show up at standard retail outlets like target and Wal-Mart?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:11 am 
Former King of Posts

1. What direction do you see the new kids "Superfriends" line going in?

Batman (B)
Justice League (JL)
Teen Titans (TT)
Legion of SuperHeroes (LS)
all of the above
?
(In addition to the 6 we've seen, I could easliy see
B: Robin, Nightwing
JL: Hawkman, Green Arrow
TT: Cyborg, Beast Boy
LS: Lightning Lad, Brainiac5)

2. Legion of SuperHeroes - when will we see some pieces from this upcoming line? SDCC?

Last edited by superfriend on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:40 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

This is all in regards to the JLU line of figures...

-The plastics being used to make these toys have always been of questionable quality. The characters' feet always end up warping and bending. Is it likely that this situation will really improve before this line ends?

-It's a great thrill for us to see characters with all new sculpts. Black Canary, for instance, made a huge splash back when she was announced. But now, the generic bodies have been used and re-used so many times that I'm personally only interested in seeing which all-new sculpts you guys (Mattel) can come up with. My question is this: How many all-new sculpts is the company going to turn out every year? This year, it seems like the only totally new sculpt will be Grodd.

-Do you believe it's likely that we'll ever see figures made of H'ro Talak and Leut Shayera Hol, as they appeared in the JL season two finale, "Starcrossed"?

-Though it seems as though this line will never again feature a playset of any sort, I'd like to strongly suggest that Mattel consider releasing a "Brainiac Ship" playset that opens up as a carrying case. The ship, which resembles a giant floating head with tentacles, is pretty much the coolest thing I could imagine the company releasing. I think it would appeal to casual buyers in the stores. Do you believe this is likely?

-Finally, since re-releasing existing figures is such a big part of this line, would Mattel seriously consider making a Parademon figure, and releasing them en masse? Fans and collectors could use these figures to build an army, and you wouldn't hear any complaints about them showing up on shelves, wave after wave...

Thank you for your time :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:41 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Oh, forgot to ask... will we see Volcana in a single release? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:04 pm 
Resin

Thanks for a great toyline based on a great show!

So... how about that Batman Beyond???

http://www.bizarroinc.com

http://www.pressstartadventures.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 121  Next