Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:56 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Hey, this got me wondering...

...If TRU can get a JLU exclusive with seven figures inside it, does that open the door for maybe a Target exclusive with seven figures? Y'know, like maybe the upcoming one with Grodd? Or, is that one confirmed at six figures?

Still, this is a great idea for a JLU multipack, this TRU one.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:18 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

I guess it would have taken up too much real estate but this would have looked great with all the figures in one row.

and I too would have picked this up if GL was bald but I have all these figures, great idea for a pack though.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:21 pm 
proverbial old fart

Hit both the TRU's in Tulsa today and nothing but the metal sets, although the price was changed from $109.95 to $15.95...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:22 pm 
proverbial old fart

OOPS!

:oops:

That change was from $19.95 to $15.95... NOT $109.95... Seems the heat today has affected my typing skills.... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:23 pm 
serves the Otter

Thanks for the info Dusty. I'd better edit the information on my site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:59 pm 
You know why the figures looks a little different from their first realese...i think they are using the actual bodys with the originals arms and legs, could it be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:05 pm 
Collector Inspector

Even with Dusty's clearer pic, where it is obvious Flash doesn't have elbow and knee joints, he still does not look right to me. He is nowhere near as slim as the original mold. I dunno...something with him is off, I can't put my finger on it though. Maybe I'm just nuts or overtired or both and just seeing things. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:11 pm 
Prototype

Darn! I thought Mattel would have used the bald/gouteed version of John. We need a 5 POA one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:04 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Ham Salad wrote:
Based on Dusty's pics, it appears that some of these figures differ from the original versions. I can't be certain of any of these until I can compare the figures with the originals in person.

- GL appears to have a silver circle on his uniform, instead of white. The original only ever had white
- Superman's suit appears to be a light shade of blue
- The yellow on Flash's costume appears darker than the original's
- Batman seems to be molded in the current colors used for him (light blue and bacl), whereas the original was actually grey and black. The bat-logo is different than the original's, too.
- Martian Manhunter seems to use the current versions light color pallette, instead of the really dark first release
- Hawkgirl's costume seems brighter

Again, I can't be certain until my TRU actually gets this in and I can buy it.

Dusty, can you post the 12-digit UPC number from the box?

sure but it is only a 10-digit number: 2708452444
the number of the product is L7251-0910
and BTW Superman is a dark blue color ,and his skin tone is more pink than the original, and GL's logo background is silver, MM is also a lighter shade of green, ( but i have to say this Mattel's paint apps and color choices are HORRIBLE! Superman's eyes are yuck!!!) but GL looks good, he has just Green Pupils with a white dot, i'll post more about em when i get the chance, i just got back from work and i am wayy tired,

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:07 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
KRaZeE wrote:
Even with Dusty's clearer pic, where it is obvious Flash doesn't have elbow and knee joints, he still does not look right to me. He is nowhere near as slim as the original mold. I dunno...something with him is off, I can't put my finger on it though. Maybe I'm just nuts or overtired or both and just seeing things. :?

trust me, he is the same, his legs and arms are just bent and colored differently,

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:55 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Not the bald GL you say? Drat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:12 pm 
my tummy itches

yeah too bad... I was excited for a minute. Still, I'll be buying a set as is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:49 am 
An Insider

I just bought one and I have to say that this was a great idea.. I said it before, but I'll say again: it seems like mattel has heard our cries for this.

hopefully there will be more packs like this in the future.

cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:02 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Eh, I don't see why everyone wants THESE figures. :? We've got several duplicates already from the multitudes of three packs over the last couple of years. :? :?:

5 POA may look a tad better, but if I'm gonna spend $25, gonna spend it on something like the Stargirl or Deadshot 3-pack and get some new figures. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:33 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

John Jones wrote:
Eh, I don't see why everyone wants THESE figures. :? We've got several duplicates already from the multitudes of three packs over the last couple of years.

Kids will ALWAYS want these core seven members, because there are ALWAYS kids jumping into the series via DVD or reruns on TV.

Come on, man, you should know this. :P

Peace,

Chip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next