Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 121  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:43 am 
Tis' but a pup

Toy Guru, welcome! I think many of us are curious about why new JLU figures have been so difficult to come by at retail. While I know many fans have gotten lucky and are up-to-date, many, many of us have not been able to get new figures at retail since early 2007, and in some cases, late 2006. I would welcome any detailed explanation about this phenomenon, as well as any honest assessment about how (and if) it can be corrected. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:11 pm 
Mattel Mogul

Yup. We know. We're working on it. And I don't mean that as an empty promise. Personally I'm a huge JLU fan. I collected JLU figures (among many other toy lines) for years before coming to Mattel and I know how much it sucks to not be able to find something.

We'll address this as well as many other issues at our Fan Panel at Comic Con on Friday at 11:30 in room 10.

BTW: Have we mentioned it is a BRAND NEW completly redesigned kick butt booth this year! Number 3029. Come check us out.

I had the chance see the almost constructed booth at our facility today. This thing will blow you away. More toys will be on display then ever. The entire booth is a fortress dedicated to the collector. An event not to be missed, I promise. 6 days to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:51 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

1. Will distribution of JLU and DCSH to other countries become better? In the UK, no one sells these figures in the high street stores, and the only way to get them is off ebay, which is a really expensive way to collect.

2. Is there a chance with the new deal, that previously unmade or badly designed DCAU characters will be made (eg Batman Beyond figures, or TNBA figures like Bane, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:47 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

AARGH! I wish could go to SDCC!!! It's awesome to know that you are on the case Toy Guru!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:49 am 
Knows his stuff

Yeah.... Finally, a real live Mattel rep that we can bombard with questions... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:55 pm 
Prototype

Wow. This is great! SDCC will be the greatest ever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:20 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

We are hearing rumors and rumblings that the JLU line is going to end next year and be replaced by a DCU animated line. Any chance you can confirm or deny this? Many of us would love to see characters that were featured in the comic books that were not included in the animated series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:36 am 
Kool Moe Dee

Why is Blue Devil only showing up at online retailers? Is he going to be released everywhere eventually?

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:44 am 
Brand Manager

ToyGuru wrote:
Yup. We know. We're working on it. And I don't mean that as an empty promise. Personally I'm a huge JLU fan. I collected JLU figures (among many other toy lines) for years before coming to Mattel and I know how much it sucks to not be able to find something.

We'll address this as well as many other issues at our Fan Panel at Comic Con on Friday at 11:30 in room 10.

BTW: Have we mentioned it is a BRAND NEW completly redesigned kick butt booth this year! Number 3029. Come check us out.

I had the chance see the almost constructed booth at our facility today. This thing will blow you away. More toys will be on display then ever. The entire booth is a fortress dedicated to the collector. An event not to be missed, I promise. 6 days to go.

Oh boy! I wish so hard I could go to SDCC, but just the travel would costs too much for me not to mention that I would have to get my passport and all :?

I just can't wait to see the new JLU figures. The suspense is killing me :?

Could we have any hope of getting Captain Marvel (Shazam!) in the near future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:10 pm 
ABS

I don't normally post in this section but I have a question that I would really like the answer to.

Now2 that Mattel has the Master D.C. licence, does this mean that they have access to all of it's imprints.

By imprints I mean the other comic characters they own such as Wildstorm, Charlton, Impact, Icon, and Vertigo.

Or is it just the D.C.U. proper Not that I beleive we will EVER see figures from any of these imprints if you do, I was just wondering. :D

Notoriety can be fun.

http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:41 pm 
Infinite Hero

There's one Vertigo character I hope can be an exception...

Swamp Thing

A Swamp Thing figure by the Four H would be awesome, and Swamp Thing has a long history in the DCU before being shuffled off to Vertigo.

Jeff

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:07 pm 
Knows his stuff

ToyGuru - Thanks so much for posting! I am really looking forward to the Mattel DC panel on Friday and stopping by the booth on Wednesday night and probably every other day of the show 8)

It's good to hear that you will be addressing the distribution issues at the panel. The Two-Face and Batgirl wave has been out for about a month and I haven't seen them anywhere around here, even TRU. It sucks right now, but I'm hoping they will make their way to Walmart soon.

The best option for me would be to order a case online, but all of the case preorders were cancelled. If you could shed some light on why that was and what distribution plans are going forward for online retailers, it would be much appreciated. Many of us rely on the e-tailers to get what we need for our collections. I know it doesn't account for much of your business, but it makes a huge difference to us collectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:24 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yes, I realize that this has already been asked a whole heaping bunch of times, but ...

What measures is Mattel taking to rectify the abyssmal distribution that the DC figures seem to have had this year.

I know that you have spoken about a "DC Branded" aisle sectioning in stores but when and how will this be executed? Will it include the figures released so far this year that seem to be hit or miss with availability or will it simply start with fresh figures/mixes and progress from there?

If the latter is the case what are Mattel's intentions about get these seemingly impossible to find figures (at least in my neck of the woods) into collector's hands (I suppose this is a customer retention question ... hmm ... maybe an online collector's club ...)?

Thanks for any insight you could provide regarding these issues (I am sure that at least some of this will be addressed at SDCC and WWC)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:59 pm 
Damage Control

Ok. I've seen the DCUniverse Classics 6" figures and am loving what I see. BUT, you are making the "classic" Red Tornado a freakin' CHASE and the modern version the standard release? What sort of logic are you basing this decision upon? If you're going to offer classic versions then make them the regular releases. Otherwise don't call the line "classics" when it's not. Just call it DCUniverse. It just washed over me the wrong way I guess when I saw this. If we want modern age crap, we can buy that all day long from DCDirect:wink: Make all the dang modern crap the chase figures you want. Make the classic versions the regular releases. Please. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:11 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

New question for the new Mattel rep.

After the last 2-3 weeks of build up, with many fans getting their hopes up, why was Mattel's showing at SDCC so very unspectacular? Many fans feel disappointed, mislead, and let down by the absolute dearth of solid news regarding JLU.

I know your new to this job ToyGuru, but just a hint. Rule no. 1 of customer service - underpromise, overdeliver. We were told for weeks to wait for SDCC. Now at SDCC what is the payoff? Wait until WW Chicago, probably Toy Fair 2008. IN FEBRUARY.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 121  Next